Mario & Yoshi Backpack Clips $1.99 (FREE In-Store pickup only) @ CC.com

Sofa King Cheap

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I have no idea of this is a deal.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Mari...50753/catOid/-13861/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

EC.BEN.02071087.JPG

EDIT:

No longer can have it shipped to you. In-store pickup seems to be mainly a hit or miss thing, with it leaning to more of a miss (read posts below).

I don't think it's free in-store pick-up. When I went to checkout choosing my local CC, it said about $5, which includes the shipping fee.

[quote name='Ninguy']I don't think it's free in-store pick-up. When I went to checkout choosing my local CC, it said about $5, which includes the shipping fee.[/QUOTE]

Dunno what to tell ya?

My receipt says otherwise:

shipping: $0.00
vendor direct delivery: $0.00

Not sure if it's a deal either, but they're fun little items. Mine came with a DS carrying case I got from TRU for $10.

Thanks OP, most definitely a deal! I've had my eyes on these for quite a long time @TRU for $10 w/DS case, but I have no interest in the case.

As for the shipping issue, it shows the shipping price until you go a few more screens into the checkout process, then it drops the shipping once it's confirmed that you're actually picking it up.

Mario and Yoshi Backpack Clips (02071087)
BEN 02071087

Charges for this order:
Subtotal $1.99
Tax $0.12
Total $2.11

Sweet... Just ordered 2 sets for my kids to play with.
Thanks, OP!

Mario and Yoshi Backpack Clips (02071087)
BEN 02071087 $1.99 2 $3.98
Charges for this order: Subtotal $3.98
Tax $0.00
Total $3.98
Charge to your credit card $3.98

If I didn't have a very similar Yoshi keychain, I would have ordered it to add to my collection of Yoshi items. $1.99 is a great price.

blah!!! ordered for instore pick up at 1 store, they called me and said they had no stock. ordered again for instore pick up at another store, and that store called me and said that they had no stock. going for a third store now.

I called and about a minute later they called and said out of stock and it takes 5 to 9 days to refund the money. It's only 2 bucks but that's ridiculous that I place an order of something they say is in stock. They call me 2 minutes later to say they don't have it and then it takes that long to refund the money.

Ordered a pair for pickup, went to CC, and was told that the guy called me to say that they didn't actually have any. After checking my cell phone and not seeing any missed calls, I realized that they called my home phone. As in the one about 200 miles north where my parents are.

Would've been a nice impulse buy to add to my collection, but I don't know if I'd want to pay for shipping. Admittedly, it isn't really so bad at that price either.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway, OP!

[quote name='dafunkk12']Ordered a pair for pickup, went to CC, and was told that the guy called me to say that they didn't actually have any. After checking my cell phone and not seeing any missed calls, I realized that they called my home phone. As in the one about 200 miles north where my parents are.

Would've been a nice impulse buy to add to my collection, but I don't know if I'd want to pay for shipping. Admittedly, it isn't really so bad at that price either.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway, OP![/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I'm sensing a theme here. I, too, got called and was told they didn't have any. Wierd... I figure either their web site is screwed up thinking all these stores have them in stock, or they didn't account for the ones they gave away with DS systems (maybe they weren't removed from inventory). Or perhaps the leftover ones got snagged by employees or handed out to people, or whatever, but likewise this didn't get accounted for in their inventory. Whatever, no biggie... as long as I get my $3.98 back :D.

If you got the confirmation email, and went all the way there, I wouldn't let them pull anything on me like that. The have the 24/24 Guarantee:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/lookLearn.do?cat=-13415&edOid=106418&c=1&cm_sp=MH-_-Ship-_-Free%20n%2024/24

I don't see any exception clause for them calling to cancel. My billing address phone number isn't my contact phone number either, so if they try to call, I won't be there. I'm asking for my $24 GC when I get there and I don't get my Mario and Yoshi...

[quote name='thadguy']If you got the confirmation email, and went all the way there, I wouldn't let them pull anything on me like that. The have the 24/24 Guarantee:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/lookLearn.do?cat=-13415&edOid=106418&c=1&cm_sp=MH-_-Ship-_-Free%20n%2024/24

I don't see any exception clause for them calling to cancel. My billing address phone number isn't my contact phone number either, so if they try to call, I won't be there. I'm asking for my $24 GC when I get there and I don't get my Mario and Yoshi...[/QUOTE]

Order has to be $25 or more for the $24 GC, but more power to you if you can pull it off.

[quote name='bmarquardt']Order has to be $25 or more for the $24 GC, but more power to you if you can pull it off.[/quote]

Yup. I saw/remembered that too as I was in the line at the counter. At least I was there for something else, so I didn't lose money on gas to get there.

Got the same excuse that these were promo giveaways... How lame... I'll at least send CC an email telling them I'm disappointed they wasted my time.

Hmm..thats weird that its $1.99. Most promo items are a penny in the system and actually stay that way. At our store the manager didn't give a shit the day these things came in and whoever worked that day just got to take them. I got a couple pairs, not as nice as the picture makes them out to be but still nice.

Yeah I'm suprised these are showing up for sale. I know that we dont have any at our store but the web is showing that we have it. I'm sure employees snagged what was left and they weren't rung up as bundles so they are left in inventory.

Well, I gave it a shot.

Expecting my not-in-stock call in 5...4...3...2...

UPDATE: Sho' 'nuff, I got the call, but the guy was nice enough to transfer the order to the closest store that actually had 'em in stock. So we'll see if it's actually there when I go to pick it up.

UPDATE 2: Well, that was quick. Got the call from the 2nd store. Refund it is. :(

Ok people, here's the deal. I'll lay it down straight CC's website sucks noodles. The "in stock" detail is right maybe 85% (that may even be overestimating) of the time. There's a couple ways it can go haywire so to speak. For instance, the website will often say we have something in stock when it's really on a truck or something headed to our store but we haven't received it yet. This product was a free giveaway with a DS about a month ago and I'm 99% sure no store will have it available B & M. They weren't even offically in the store's system when we had them, no brand/model number, nothing. So if a store had any left after a promo they probably gave them out with other items like we do the majority of our promo items, not knowing they'd later assign some number and list it as an offical item.

If you absolutely want them you'll probably have to get them shipped to you, otherwise you'll likely get "We don't have it" phone call or worst case secnario they'll not figure it out til you get there. If your lcoal store actually has them then consider it a blassing from the Nintendo gods.

bread's done
Back