Marten's CONTEST CLOSED! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Would it be impolite to ask your occupation?

I'm just curious, as you have three PS3s, and your philanthropic history is one for the record books.

I see you're in Seattle. Are you... Bill Gates?

alright so after shutting off a few things and putting 100 cpu power to the f@h client, it estimates to about a day. so what do i do when i comple the WU? should i just report back or take a screenshot or something:?:

[quote name='pacifickarma']I'm in... But, I don't remember where I was at the start of the day today. Right now I'm at 43,201![/quote]

Don't worry, screenshots were taken of all 210 users at 6pm my time ;)

[quote name='thericochet']I'm new to the Folding thing and am a little confused. How many points does each WU represent?[/quote]

Varies. I've seen ones on the PS3 go from about 200-380 or so.

I'm in. I'm not sure how to read all of this stuff, but I'm going to give it a shot. I signed up through the CAG group, but had to use the name munchph.

And what does this mean:

fold.jpg

It looks like this is taking forever, no?

ouch. You got one thats 5000 frames. I've got 3 computers on it, and I've got 1500, 1500 and 250, and I'll barely finish one project on each before the deadline I think.

I wonder if you can restart and get a project thats not so big.

Well, it has changed to finishing the WU by tomorrow night, so I guess that's ok. Is the contest the person who finishes the most WUs or points?

I'm in. Using the console version because I like walls of text; no idea when I'll finish, but iirc a 5mil step protein took me around 2-3 days. woot Athlon XP 2500+?

[quote name='ragez0r']Im in. How much faster does a PS3 fold in comparison to a PC?[/quote]

My PS3 did about 150000 steps in the same amount of time it took my desktop to do 80000.

I'm in. Still confused as how this works..do I just leave that F@H display open and is there a way to make it faster? Are frames the same thing as points? Sorry for all the questions..just new to this. I've heard of this but never tried it.

Well, after about 30mins, I got 50/5000 frames complete. Is that fast, medium or slow?

I tried to use my iBook to do this and it about exploded. The heat shot up to about 73 degrees in 5 minutes. I decided to just leave it to my PC.

this is so stupid. it takes me 20mins to do a frame? this is on a 2.8ghz intel pentium 4. I have no chance of winning. (i don't have a PS3) And how come im not listed in the group yet? I have a 250 frame project. Plus, if I turn off the computer while it was working, does it save it's progress?

[quote name='nikelecious91']Wth? Why do I not see my username in the CAG group?[/quote]

You have to finish a WU first and then stanford has to update the page. Sometimes it can take a little bit.

[quote name='nikelecious91']How do you guys Fold on more then one computer and get it to go to the same stats? Or can you not do that?[/quote]

Yes you can just put the same name and group number that you used on the other computer when you signed up.

Well, I just joined the folding team earlier this week (and am already moving up the leaderboard), so I guess I'm in. Thanks for the cool contest! :D

[quote name='Mars10']Yes you can just put the same name and group number that you used on the other computer when you signed up.[/quote]

Sweet thanks for the help!

bread's done
Back