Martial arts/self defense

ClydeShebang

CAGiversary!
So I got mugged last night. Really want to learn something to feel more confident about myself so what do you guys recommend?

I live in a small town in the UK so not sure how much variety I will have but having an idea will be a start.

Just+Chuck+Norris....+https+www.facebook.com+fiveatatime+like+the+Facebook+page+for+a_803098_4588126.jpg

So I got mugged last night. Really want to learn something to feel more confident about myself so what do you guys recommend?

I live in a small town in the UK so not sure how much variety I will have but having an idea will be a start.
Mugged, like those guys in Attack the Block?

Usually, the best recourse is to RUN no matter what and let the cops handle it. If you do learn martial arts, it can't hurt to go to the local gym and see what options there are. But most likely of all, you should learn how to avoid confrontations and how to escape. Beating somebody up most likely gets your ass kicked faster now, or incur some kind of revenge. This is especially true since you just said you live in a small town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Krav Maga & Brazlian Jiu-jitsu are two of the most practical martial arts you can learn. If you can find a dojo/gym that teaches them and start there. If you can try and stay away from Tae kwon do, karate or anything "belt based". Belts are bullshit. I know Jiu-jitsu is belt based but the the style very efficient.

bread's done
Back