Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 1 - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc LE Collector's Set)

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
51%2BxO731ovL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Pre-order Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set) today and check back on July 15 to see the unveiled Limited Edition collection with complete details. See more "Marvel's The Avengers"
Limited Edition collection includes:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Price: $153.30 & Eligible for Amazon Prime

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-Assembled-Collectors/dp/B0083SBMGW

Also available at Barnes and Noble for $186.99 and Free Shipping.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dvd...ed-robert-downey-jr/24495710?ean=786936826951

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pacifickarma']You could've saved even more by ordering from Amazon UK![/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the Blu ray set? If do, I kinda wanted to take advantage of my 3DTV.

2nak6cp.jpg

If you were one of the many, many people who pre-ordered Marvel's Cinematic Universe: Phase One Collection box set - the one that was shaped like Nick Fury's Tessaract-holding brief case from the Avengers, and which contains the Blu-rays of Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Incredible Hulk and Avengers - you know your pre-order was canceled. This was because Marvel Studios used a very specific Germn briefcase in the movie, and then kind of forgot to license the rights to the briefcase's design for the Blu-ray collection.

But the set is back, in a slightly more generic briefcase! It contains all the same things as the original did, including snippets from Marvel's up and coming features such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Ant Man. But we're most curious about the alleged "And Then Shawarma After" featurette, which we're still certain was filmed in RDJ's hotel room during the press conference for The Avengers. I guess we'll find out when the set arrived on April 2nd.

Meanwhile, Marvel has graciously provided this never-before-seen alternate ending from Thor, featuring a super hyped up Dr. Erik Selvig ordering a team of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents, while Jane Foster and sidekick Darcy to return the blonde sex god back to Earth.
http://io9.com/5962491/marvels-cine...nd-heres-a-new-thor-deleted-scene-to-prove-it

I know I'm necro bumping this thread but after waiting for so long for this item, I've decided to cancel my order of this.

[quote name='mig0']I know I'm necro bumping this thread but after waiting for so long for this item, I've decided to cancel my order of this.[/QUOTE]
why is that?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']why is that?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've waited this long, and it's like a month away now. I'm looking forward to getting mine.

What was the cheapest this was priced at? I'm thinking about ordering it for the collection and selling the individual copies but not sure if I should. If it was cheaper then 149 then I'll wait cause I assume that it will drop in price at some point.

[quote name='dagrandmastah']what was the cheapest this was priced at? I'm thinking about ordering it for the collection and selling the individual copies but not sure if i should. If it was cheaper then 149 then i'll wait cause i assume that it will drop in price at some point.[/quote]
$139.96

As cool as the briefcase and glowing cube are, I already own all the movies on Blu-ray anyway. Avengers is in a Steelbook (Hulk will be too if AmazonUK ever ships it) and I have spaces saved for Cap 2 and Thor 2. Will pass.

[quote name='mig0']I know I'm necro bumping this thread but after waiting for so long for this item, I've decided to cancel my order of this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it comes out April 2nd. It really wasn't that far away now.

I'm considering cancelling also. Anybody know how limited this will be?

I'm keeping my order.
I have the Avengers (but got it free from Amazon).
I don't own the 3d versions of any of these movies though.
Also, I never picked up Thor, Captain America or Iron Man 2.

Also: I'm a big sucker for things like this.

The price is bound to drop on this. I just wish they'd sell the extras disc on its own. We shouldn't have to rebuy a whole movie collection or look to eBay for that content.

[quote name='eastx']The price is bound to drop on this. I just wish they'd sell the extras disc on its own. We shouldn't have to rebuy a whole movie collection or look to eBay for that content,[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't sell out, that is.

I heard rumors that the extras disc in this set was the same as the disc included with 'The Avengers' at Target... does anyone know if that's true, by chance?

If it *is* true, then I have everything included in this set disc-wise plus the bonus discs for 'Iron Man' and 'Iron Man 2'... and, although the suitcase/tesseract is cool, I'm definitely not interested in this set.

[quote name='larrythefatcat']I heard rumors that the extras disc in this set was the same as the disc included with 'The Avengers' at Target... does anyone know if that's true, by chance?

If it *is* true, then I have everything included in this set disc-wise plus the bonus discs for 'Iron Man' and 'Iron Man 2'... and, although the suitcase/tesseract is cool, I'm definitely not interested in this set.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure this one will have at least one exclusive deleted scene. Those weren't on the Target extras disc, were they?

Why cancel? Those that preordered got locked in to the original, cheaper price. At the very least you could try to flip it if it does sell out.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn this is out tomorrow!? Totally lost track until I got my Amazon ship notification.[/QUOTE]
Same here, I forgot I had this pre-ordered until amazon notified me it was shipped a few hours ago.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I canceled my pre-order from last July. I would've kept it til' I saw the unboxing.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/28/marvel-phase-one-blu-ray-set-unboxing

The whole package overall just looks cheap. I think I'll risk it and wait til' it gets cheaper than what they're asking.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what's to be disappointed about other than the individual movie cases being cardboard instead of plastic. I thought the little facsimile movie props like Thor's ID and such were quite cool. And the Tesseract actually does something, which also pleases.

It looked really neat but not for $150, if you don't have any of the movies this set might be worth it if you don't own any of the movies. You could sell off the 3D disc and make some money back if you wanted to offset the cost.

Looks cheap and after the free avengers 2 disc Bluray amazon gave out to people who preordered last year I sold, plus my other 5 avengers blus last year I sold this only cost me $40.

I was thinking about rebuying the individual movies instead, but they all are around $20-25 each except Incredible Hulk which is around $10.

I'm more interested in what's going to be in phase 2. Then again, it will probably take Disney 10 years to make all the movies needed to release phase 2.

Mines on the way. I was going to cancel it but I might as well keep it. Locked it in at the $139 price and had a $10 AMZ GC so it came out to $138 which isn't too bad. I'm sure it'll go down in price in about 3 months though.

[quote name='frpilot']I'm more interested in what's going to be in phase 2. Then again, it will probably take Disney 10 years to make all the movies needed to release phase 2.[/QUOTE]

Avengers 2 is scheduled for 2015, so I doubt it.

After looking at that, glad I cancelled. Nothing wrong with it in particular but not worth the $140-150 for my justification.

[quote name='Hiro0015']Avengers 2 is scheduled for 2015, so I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

They'll probably need a few movies to make another limited edition set, so I'm guessing they'll throw in Iron Man 3 in there and maybe the first two Wolverine movies since he was in the Avengers. Pretty sure I heard somewhere that Sony owns the rights to Spiderman movies, so those are out.
Wasn't Ghost Rider part of the Avengers at some point too?

[quote name='JP']After looking at that, glad I cancelled. Nothing wrong with it in particular but not worth the $140-150 for my justification.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I rather have my current Blu Rays in plastic cases with cover art than those cheap cardboard envelopes.

I thought this was already out (saw it at Sam's Club a week ago). The case felt very cheap to me. Definitely a pass for now.

[quote name='frpilot']They'll probably need a few movies to make another limited edition set, so I'm guessing they'll throw in Iron Man 3 in there and maybe the first two Wolverine movies since he was in the Avengers. Pretty sure I heard somewhere that Sony owns the rights to Spiderman movies, so those are out.
Wasn't Ghost Rider part of the Avengers at some point too?[/QUOTE]

Wolverine is Fox, and Ghost Rider is Sony, so they're both out. They wouldn't just throw these movies in anyway; not only did they range from 'meh' to 'why, God, why?' in quality, but these sets are based on Movieverse Avengers, not Comicverse Avengers.

[quote name='frpilot']They'll probably need a few movies to make another limited edition set, so I'm guessing they'll throw in Iron Man 3 in there and maybe the first two Wolverine movies since he was in the Avengers. Pretty sure I heard somewhere that Sony owns the rights to Spiderman movies, so those are out.
Wasn't Ghost Rider part of the Avengers at some point too?

Yea, I rather have my current Blu Rays in plastic cases with cover art than those cheap cardboard envelopes.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure phase 2 will be Iron Man 3, Captain America 2, Thor 2, Guardians of the Universe, and Avengers 2.

I really wish they would just let Whedon do Avengers 2 and not bother with the individual movies. The only really good Phase 1 movie was Iron Man.

Um, Whedon IS doing Avengers 2. And the upcoming S.H.E.I.L.D. TV series. He might collaborate with the other directors to help tie them together, but Whedon will have little to do with Iron Man 3, Thor 2, or Cap 2.

Anybody who got the set, does the bonus disc include the documentary from the Target-exclusive bonus disc?

I think what he meant is why don't they skip all the lead up movies and make Avengers 2 first, which is an amazingly stupid idea in it's own right.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I think what he meant is why don't they skip all the lead up movies and make Avengers 2 first, which is an amazingly stupid idea in it's own right.[/QUOTE]

That is what I meant, but I, of course, don't think it's amazingly stupid. Coming off of Iron Man 1, Iron Man 2 was a bit of a let down for me. And seeing how trilogies rarely ever end on a strong note and the trailer left me kind of underwhelmed, I'm not too enthusiastic about Iron Man 3. I also found The Incredible Hulk, Thor, and Captain America movies to be just okay. Again, it wasn't nearly as great as Iron Man 1. I'd be down to see the Guardians of the Galaxy just to see how they handle that, but I personally don't really need another Iron Man, Thor, or Captain America movie. I'd rather them do another Hulk movie since there's actual character depth and Ruffalo was pretty good in that role.

I loved all the movies so far. My least favorite was Thor (though it was still awesome) and my biggest favorite was Captain America. Chris Evans was perfect in the role.

Just got this from Amazon today. Case isn't actually as cheap as some people say it looks in the video (I hope no one was expecting metal at this price) but I agree the handle is way too damn small. Biggest thing I have enjoyed out of this set are all the physical replicas of documents, blueprints, id cards, newspaper clippings, etc. If you have ever seen the museum style books that come with replicas like the Marvel History, DC History, etc. then you will have an idea of the type of replicas in here.

I own all the original movies but since I am a Marvel geek fanboy I feel like I got my money's worth. If you don't own the movies and don't mind missing out on the Iron Man bonus discs and digital copies for the movies, this would be a good route to go. However if you do own all the movies already, the only real bonus you are getting are all the physical goodies and maybe some exclusive behind the scenes stuff which I haven't checked out yet. The case is just something to hold it all in and the tesseract cube is pretty cheap and not much to it IMO. Kids might get a kick out of it though, I know my cat does.

Cheap as hell box. Worse then expected. Innards are even cheaper plastic. Art and extras are fantastic though. I don't own any of the movies in the set so this worked out well for me.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Just got this from Amazon today. Case isn't actually as cheap as some people say it looks in the video (I hope no one was expecting metal at this price) but I agree the handle is way too damn small. Biggest thing I have enjoyed out of this set are all the physical replicas of documents, blueprints, id cards, newspaper clippings, etc. If you have ever seen the museum style books that come with replicas like the Marvel History, DC History, etc. then you will have an idea of the type of replicas in here.

I own all the original movies but since I am a Marvel geek fanboy I feel like I got my money's worth. If you don't own the movies and don't mind missing out on the Iron Man bonus discs and digital copies for the movies, this would be a good route to go. However if you do own all the movies already, the only real bonus you are getting are all the physical goodies and maybe some exclusive behind the scenes stuff which I haven't checked out yet. The case is just something to hold it all in and the tesseract cube is pretty cheap and not much to it IMO. Kids might get a kick out of it though, I know my cat does.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my thoughts.

Still kind of amazed they couldn't be bothered to include the bonus discs for the Iron Man films though.

So what is the list of movies in Phase 2 that we know about?

- Iron Man 3
- Captain America 2
- Thor 2
- Ant Man
- Avengers 2

Does Guardians of the Galaxy fit in? Anything else been announced?

[quote name='Javery']So what is the list of movies in Phase 2 that we know about?

- Iron Man 3
- Captain America 2
- Thor 2
- Ant Man
- Avengers 2

Does Guardians of the Galaxy fit in? Anything else been announced?[/QUOTE]

Ant-Man is in phase 3. Guardians of the Galaxy is in phase 2.

My preorder from Amazon has been "shipping soon" for three days. Should I contact them to see what's going on? I'm a prime member and I've had this preordered since b4 the price jump.

[quote name='kickalillas2']My preorder from Amazon has been "shipping soon" for three days. Should I contact them to see what's going on? I'm a prime member and I've had this preordered since b4 the price jump.[/QUOTE]

Got mine from Amazon today and I was super disappointed with the way they shipped it...

They just put shipping labels directly on the item and sent it as is. No joke. No shipping box was used and now the item is beat to shit and has stickers all over it...

Contacted Amazon and they are apparently overnighting me a new one. When asked if I had any other questions, I asked if a box would be used this time, and the answer was "of course".

bread's done
Back