Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 - 09/15/09 - Pick your side!

I didn't play the first one, but I am intrigued. If the reviews are pretty solid I will probably grab a copy to play through with a friend when I can find a solid price on it. It does have online coop, right?

I also like that the story is based on Civil War. Not a huge "Event" comic fan, but think it would make for some cool moments in a game.

How was the first one? Any reviews up for this one yet?

you get the hulk at bestbuy and u canpick it up at midnight at gamestop

[quote name='starmask2k3']you get the hulk early at bestbuy and u canpick it up at midnight at gamestop[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Hulk is unlockable in all versions of the game via collectibles.

[quote name='Rodimus']I heard that after inputing codes the game doesn't allow you to save.[/QUOTE]

heard that was some bug in the 1st one.

I will be getting it after work today from Gamestop. I think I'm going to stick with offline co-op with friends in the beginning until I learn the controls since I never played the first one. At least repetitive button mashing doesn't scare me too much since I've gone through a fair share of Koei's "Warriors" games. :D Although I bet it's a somewhat different type of genre anyway.

Additionally to steer topic back to main question. I think I'm actually going to go with the Registration side. Most of the "villians" seem to be on the registered side by default, plus Iron Man is currently one of my favorite Marvel characters - like either #1 or #2 in my top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone play this yet?

I played the first one (on PS3) for about 20mins before the framerate made me turn it off. Is it better in this one?

[quote name='whoknows']Anyone play this yet?

I played the first one (on PS3) for about 20mins before the framerate made me turn it off. Is it better in this one?[/QUOTE]

I was going to mention that. That's the reason I didn't play the first one on ps3. I'm sure they fixed that with the second one.

never really played the first one for more than 20 minutes as that's all i could really stand of it, but I rented this one this morning and am having fun with it.

Only really gripe I have is that I don't like the camera angle, which I think really bugged me about the first game as well, and there is a little slow down when a lot is going on, but not enough to be a bother.

Definitely a button masher, no real strategy needed so far, about an hour into it. Suits me just fine though, as it's nice to just sit back and kick some ass with my favourite marvel characters. Not a $60-70 game though (but really what is these days). Might consider buying it for $30 or less. Wish I could continue playing it right now, but i gotta leave for work.

[quote name='screwkick']If you love button mashing, then this is your game. If not, steer very clear.[/QUOTE]

is there any strategy or depth to it or is it a straight up button masher?

just picked up the game from GS. The worker gave me a postcard that say's go to this website for VIP stuff. No code or anything on it, just the address www.gamestop.com/mua2vip.

you input in your receipt number and the vip access will be emailed to you and the code for the jug will be sent the day the game is released.

told him that I could have used this when I preordered since the VIP info is pretty much useless now that the game is out.

2hrs later... still waiting for them to send me the code for Jugg.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone gets an extra 360 Juggernaut code (seems like this is all Gamestop is sending out via the emails then you need to request a PS3 code) it would find a nice home with me. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Owen']If anyone gets an extra 360 Juggernaut code (seems like this is all Gamestop is sending out via the emails then you need to request a PS3 code) it would find a nice home with me. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

This is the PS3 forum, why would we get the 360 Juggernaut code?

[quote name='HuBu']This is the PS3 forum, why would we get the 360 Juggernaut code?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop sent everyone the 360 code and they need to reply to the email to get a PS3 code that is why I was asking here.

[quote name='HuBu']hahaha that's crappy, they ask you what system at the bottom of the form. still haven't gotten anything yet.
[/QUOTE]

apparently it wasn't always set-up like that. So they don't know who wanted what codes. I posted a message on the 360 forum, telling those guys to submit a request for PS3 codes and pass them along to us if they're in a generous mood.

(still haven't got my code yet).

I just received an email with the code, specifically for the ps3.

I had signed up with the receipt # for the purchase of the game. I wonder if that # is the same as the one for the preorder. Will check later on tonight.

[quote name='HuBu']I just received an email with the code, specifically for the ps3.

I had signed up with the receipt # for the purchase of the game. I wonder if that # is the same as the one for the preorder. Will check later on tonight.[/QUOTE]

It's not.

GS Receipt numbers are

5 Digit Store Number/Register Number - 3 Digit Transaction Number of the day

I got Juggernaut and his alternate costume last night while playing with my friend. I didn't get a Juggernaut code from Gamestop though... I have to thank whoever it was in the Playstation Store who messed up and put him up for DLC for $1.99. I'm still going to try to get the code from Gamestop for him as that was what was promised and it was the whole reason why I even preordered from Gamestop. And I'm feeling rather ripped off for doing so at the moment to be honest since sales tax is almost 10% here. :cry:

The game feels too short to be worth paying almost $66 for it, and the cut scenes look like they could have been done on the PS2 instead of the PS3... I even saw jaggies while they were playing out. :roll: Anyway, it is possible though that we breezed through the game because we had Juggernaut to use... his damage isn't completely overpowered, it's just the fact that he can charge through and knock down most enemies and obstacles with one move, leaving them easy pickings for your other team members.

Our static team once we got Deadpool was Juggernaut, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Iceman. We would control Juggernaut and Wolverine and melee nearby enemies while Iceman and Deadpool provided ranged attack support, although in the end I just stuck to using Deadpool myself so I could more easily keep up with my friend who was controlling Juggernaut by using Deadpool's jumping teleport. Not only was this team able to destroy stuff fast, the lines these sarcastic 4 X-men characters spout was pretty entertaining for the most part during battle as well and a great tribute to some comic moments.

I was kind of disappointed with how slow Iron Man's attacks were actually. He's a great versatile character too but at the moment Deadpool can cut an enemy down much quicker than he could... and Deadpool seems to mouth off more. Maybe if I upgrade Iron Man some more, he'll be more noteworthy in battle though.

[quote name='Logain8955']It's not.

GS Receipt numbers are

5 Digit Store Number/Register Number - 3 Digit Transaction Number of the day[/QUOTE]

This is great news then. I have an additional chance of getting another code.

[quote name='klinediscream']I got Juggernaut and his alternate costume last night while playing with my friend. I didn't get a Juggernaut code from Gamestop though... I have to thank whoever it was in the Playstation Store who messed up and put him up for DLC for $1.99. I'm still going to try to get the code from Gamestop for him as that was what was promised and it was the whole reason why I even preordered from Gamestop. And I'm feeling rather ripped off for doing so at the moment to be honest since sales tax is almost 10% here. :cry:

The game feels too short to be worth paying almost $66 for it, and the cut scenes look like they could have been done on the PS2 instead of the PS3... I even saw jaggies while they were playing out. :roll: Anyway, it is possible though that we breezed through the game because we had Juggernaut to use... his damage isn't completely overpowered, it's just the fact that he can charge through and knock down most enemies and obstacles with one move, leaving them easy pickings for your other team members.

Our static team once we got Deadpool was Juggernaut, Wolverine, Deadpool, and Iceman. We would control Juggernaut and Wolverine and melee nearby enemies while Iceman and Deadpool provided ranged attack support, although in the end I just stuck to using Deadpool myself so I could more easily keep up with my friend who was controlling Juggernaut by using Deadpool's jumping teleport. Not only was this team able to destroy stuff fast, the lines these sarcastic 4 X-men characters spout was pretty entertaining for the most part during battle as well and a great tribute to some comic moments.

I was kind of disappointed with how slow Iron Man's attacks were actually. He's a great versatile character too but at the moment Deadpool can cut an enemy down much quicker than he could... and Deadpool seems to mouth off more. Maybe if I upgrade Iron Man some more, he'll be more noteworthy in battle though.[/QUOTE]

Juggs is great for blasting through areas of the game. One part of the NYC tunnels, there's a spot in the floor and you're told to find something to bash through it.....but I had activated that area while just running around with juggs' ram power....ran right over the spot in the floor, fell straight through, couldn't get back up.

Hope I didn't miss anything up there, haha.

I got the promised Gamestop preorder code for Juggernaut as well today finally, PM me if you want it and give it a try to Download the Add-On. I have a Xbox360 code as well though I wonder if using one will void the other since they are both for my preorder.

I think that happened to us too. If you do want to replay without starting the game over there's the Simulator in HQ for going back to check for if you missed any secrets. Make sure to bring at least one flying character (I think Spiderman counts as flying, but Deadpool does not) if you are searching for some specific hidden items as sometimes they are located on high platforms that is easier for the flyers to reach.

I've also seen a lot of items stashed in the jail cells a little later on, but no breakable door to bash down to reach them, I wonder if there's a specific hero power that can be used for that. I guess this searching for items does add to the replay value at least, though my friend hates doing that stuff... he never did like doing fetch quests in RPGs. Probably why he just keeps charging through levels as Juggernaut. :D

[quote name='HuBu']just picked up the game from GS. The worker gave me a postcard that say's go to this website for VIP stuff. No code or anything on it, just the address www.gamestop.com/mua2vip.

you input in your receipt number and the vip access will be emailed to you and the code for the jug will be sent the day the game is released.

told him that I could have used this when I preordered since the VIP info is pretty much useless now that the game is out.

2hrs later... still waiting for them to send me the code for Jugg.[/QUOTE]

that link is not working it says

we tried, but we just couldn't find the page you were looking for.If you arrived at this page through a link from another website, please contact that site's administrator to report the dead link. If you were using a bookmark, it's probably outdated, so please return to our homepage and create a new one.

Gamestop's 1-800 number now says the Jugg codes are gone. screw those guys. I'm returning the copy I bought from them.

Anyone have an extra code?

[quote name='nbballard']Gamestop's 1-800 number now says the Jugg codes are gone. screw those guys. I'm returning the copy I bought from them.

Anyone have an extra code?[/QUOTE]

I should have an extra one. Once I remember my gmail password I'll PM it to you.

Thanks for the code, Salamando3000. I'll be taking my gamestop copy back tonight. I used my ECA discount to get it off amazon for about 10 dollars less. Looks like Sribblenauts will be my last gamestop pre-order- End of an era.

Anyone have an extra code? Jugg is the whole reason i got the game

and also the code should of be on the postcard not a web-site

[quote name='starmask2k3']Anyone have an extra code? Jugg is the whole reason i got the game

and also the code should of be on the postcard not a web-site[/QUOTE]

if you read my post. you would understand that the postcard points to that website, where you need to fill out a form giving them your receipt number and email. then they will send you the code.

[quote name='HuBu']if you read my post. you would understand that the postcard points to that website, where you need to fill out a form giving them your receipt number and email. then they will send you the code.[/QUOTE]

They've taken down the website- and are not issuing anymore codes.

I got an extra ps3 code.I really need the 360 code so if anyone got one of those by mistake and wants to trade it for my ps3 code please pm me.

looks like the DLC for this game is gone from the PSN... That kind of sucks since I planned on playing this next week and picking up with DLC before I started...

Does anybody still play this game?

I got this in from gamefly earlier this week and just beat my first playthrough. If there's anybody who is playing this at the moment and want to progress their character further, let me know. My guys are around lvl 33, but I don't know what the max level is.

bread's done
Back