Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) - $15 at FYE ($13.50 with backstage pass)

chuckstaton

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Went to FYE today to check on their video game liquidations (25% off new stuff only - which means nothing great).
But came across Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) for $19.99. Add 25% off to that and it brings it to $15.00. Backstage pass members get an additional 10% off, which brings it to $13.50.
Go check out your FYEs!

At least you get 25 percent off for a game that comes 80 percent complete. Hahaha.

Good deal though if you were waiting for the drop. :)

[quote name='riddler']Do the FYE's on the west coast sell games?[/QUOTE]

i'm in CA, and every FYE i've been to sells games

[quote name='advanced']At least you get 25 percent off for a game that comes 80 percent complete. Hahaha.

Good deal though if you were waiting for the drop. :)[/QUOTE]
I have this game along with the DLC which I grabbed back when it was available. You aren't missing much without the DLC unless you just want to play for achievements/trophies only. The new characters and challenge rooms don't add much to the game at all. I still think the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance was much better.

Not sure, i was at one FYE that had crap-tons (Like hundreds of) PS2/Gamecube/Xbox games at super clearance prices, and went to another that barely had 20 or 30 newer/new games at MSRP

In my experience, this is definitely YMMV. My FYE hardly runs the deals I see on CAG and if they do, quantities are extremely limited to non-existent or there are various additional restrictions on the deal.

Also keep in mind that Activision recently removed some or all of the DLC character packs for this game because I think they lost the license to produce any more Marvel games.

I work at an F.Y.E./Sam Goody/Suncoast/Transworld/whatever you want to call it, and according to my manager, only the better performing stores will continue selling games. The majority will be liquidated in stores, but a lot of the first-party stuff that will sell at full price elsewhere (controllers, systems, etc.) have already been shipped back to corporate. Only one F.Y.E./etc. in Tennessee still sells games at full price, as far as I know- and from what I've heard, yes, the other stores have clearance-priced games, too.

I made more than one thread about this as I found out more, but nobody really seemed interested then. The game liquidations started around November at my store, and at this point, there are still games that are 75% off. There are definitely deals to be found at other stores. Some games and prices that come to mind (that were at my store, and are likely YMMV) are:

Pokemon Pearl: $9
Pokemon Platinum: $18
Devil May Cry 4: $8
Dragonball Z: Burst Limit: $8
Soul Calibur IV: $8
Hotel Dusk: $5
Mirror's Edge: $10
Halo 3: ODST: $30
Saw: $30
Rogue Galaxy: $5

For those interested, these are on new games ONLY. Used games are usually even more expensive than the new ones that are on sale. PS2 games are particularly cheap- though strangely, GC, Xbox, and GBA games ring up at full price at my location.

Just call or drop by, guys. These sales are really great, and it's surprising so many CAGs are oblivious to them.

Jackie -
in your understanding, are the rebates (like the Halo 3 Limited Edition, $30 rebate) available at every store?
Because I called my local one to check, and the gal said it's not on her list of games that qualify for rebates.

[quote name='advanced']At least you get 25 percent off for a game that comes 80 percent complete. [/QUOTE]

Would you please elaborate on that? How it's only 80% complete for those of us who don't know.

I found out Assassin's Creed 2 was missing sequence 12 and sequence 13; and it's being released as 'not free DLC,' so I was fairly pissed.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']Would you please elaborate on that? How it's only 80% complete for those of us who don't know.

I found out Assassin's Creed 2 was missing sequence 12 and sequence 13; and it's being released as 'not free DLC,' so I was fairly pissed.[/QUOTE]

You'll be forever missing 5 or 6 characters, around 20% of the (full) cast. It was really just me being a smart ass. I'm still upset for everyone about it. Its fucked shit to split the community that way.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I work at an F.Y.E./Sam Goody/Suncoast/Transworld/whatever you want to call it, and according to my manager, only the better performing stores will continue selling games. Only one F.Y.E./etc. in Tennessee still sells games at full price, as far as I know- and from what I've heard, yes, the other stores have clearance-priced games, too.[/QUOTE]

Jackie - is it the West End store that is still selling at full price in Tennessee? Given the area of town it seems like they could still sell at full price.

Just to clear up how the game is "incomplete":

The DLC Mission Pack is no longer available, which means you can no longer play as the characters Psylocke, Carnage, Magneto, Black Panther, and Cable. But seeing as how they never showed up on your character selection screen pre-DLC release, no big.

The DLC also had several COMPLETELY RUBBISH sim missions that all sucked and were probably written by Joe Quesadilla himself cuz they smacked of his usual "quality".

Now the BIG loss here is the achievements, as the 360 DLC did add an extra 1250 to the game's total score. So if you're a completionist and you buy this, you'll be stuck looking at 1000/1250 for the rest of your life (or the rare possibility the DLC gets re-licensed and re-released). No idea how the trophy side of that in the PS3 world works.

[quote name='reapersaurus']Jackie -
in your understanding, are the rebates (like the Halo 3 Limited Edition, $30 rebate) available at every store?
Because I called my local one to check, and the gal said it's not on her list of games that qualify for rebates.[/QUOTE]
Once the games went on sale, the rebates for them disappeared in my store. That probably means the store you called is liquidating them.

It's stupid, though. The Halo 3 LE was $10 after the mail-in rebate (which is a FANTASTIC deal), but once all the games were sales-priced (IIRC), it was on sale for $30- and there's no option of buying it at full price with the mail-in rebate. :/ So in short- all stores that aren't closing have MIRs, especially for new movies. But as far as games go, YMMV.

[quote name='harrymcback']Jackie - is it the West End store that is still selling at full price in Tennessee? Given the area of town it seems like they could still sell at full price.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure the only store in TN that still sells games at full price is in Nashville. They're usually #1 in the district, so I think that's why. I could be wrong, though- I'm literally at the bottom of the totem pole at my location, so everything I know is from asking coworkers. >_>;

The FYE a couple blocks from my office is closing and selling off all their games, I've already made a pretty tidy profit on flips though it's mostly picked clean now.

[quote name='eau']All the FYE and affiliates in Pacific NW seem to sell used games only.[/QUOTE]
This is where all the stores clearing out the new games are supposed to be going, as far as I'm told. The only thing is that I've been told to tell customers since November that we were clearing out the new games for Christmas, and after Christmas, we were shipping them back to corporate- that after that, we would only deal in used games. Well, here it is, February 16th, and here I am, hauling game stuff to another side of the store because my manager thinks it "looks bad where it is." :/

I guess we'll ship it all off eventually... But the weird thing is that we've made no efforts to only deal in used games. In fact (and before I say this, MAJOR YMMV), the store I work at is having B2G1 on all used games. I'd imagine this is because we're going to stop dealing in games altogether at some point, as we don't buy back used games any more, either.

*Sigh* I could go on a rant about this, but I'll refrain for now. All points I've posted here, like I said before, are just what coworkers have told me. If I were in a higher-up position/worked full time, I could probably give more accurate descriptions of what's going on. Sorry, guys.

Just got back from the FYE in Merrillville, IN at Southlake Mall. No MUA2, but they do have the 25% off signs up for new games and accessories.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Just to clear up how the game is "incomplete":

The DLC Mission Pack is no longer available, which means you can no longer play as the characters Psylocke, Carnage, Magneto, Black Panther, and Cable. But seeing as how they never showed up on your character selection screen pre-DLC release
[/QUOTE]

WHAT? That sucks, the main reason I wanted the DLC (and MAU2) in the first place was to play as Psylocke. Why did they stop allowing people to download it? Is it one of those things to keep people from buying it used?

I wonder if they'll release it as a "Gold Edition" like they did with the first one.

[quote name='jello44']WHAT? That sucks, the main reason I wanted the DLC (and MAU2) in the first place was to play as Psylocke. Why did they stop allowing people to download it? Is it one of those things to keep people from buying it used?

I wonder if they'll release it as a "Gold Edition" like they did with the first one.[/QUOTE]

Acti lost the license to sell the DLC bundles for both MUA1 and MUA2 over the internet. What that means for anything else is up in the air. Around Christmas, they removed the DLC, including the compatibility packs. It probably won't go back up. As for a Gold Edition? It still seems like it 'might' be a possibility from what we know as consumers.

I was able to pick up the last copy at a store today. The employee was just in the process of doing markdowns and hadn't even marked it down yet but then found the new sticker and rang it up for the $20 (pre-25% off).

bread's done
Back