Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (360) @ Newegg.com 46.99 w/ FS

Hello everyone, I wanted to share this deal I found on newegg.com The price of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 for XBOX 360 is I believe $46.99 with free shipping. I hope this helps, enjoy.

Best deal on this game imo would be to buy it from gohasting as part of the buy 2 get 1 for a dollar sale.

Thanks for the update. I am tempted but I think I will hold off for now. For some reason I have a feeling that this game will drop in price quickly.

I am shocked that the Juggernaut character is selling for that much. I actually got two of the codes by accident and I guess I might have to sell my spare. :)

That person that is bidding is probably one of the seller's alt accounts to simulate competition in bidding.

This game while it does have better graphics than the last one is much shorter and kind of a dissapointment. Really should wait for it to drop to $30. Good co-op fun but too short to really hype.

[quote name='3rdbass']This game while it does have better graphics than the last one is much shorter and kind of a dissapointment. Really should wait for it to drop to $30. Good co-op fun but too short to really hype.[/QUOTE]

This. Also, the RPG elements have really been stripped down. The game feels like one step forward (graphics) and two steps back (less RPG stuff, shorter campaign), and should've been released at no more than $40 MSRP.

SIDE NOTE: Amazon is giving $39.50 for the trade-in of the PS3 version.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Holding out for Gold edition as well.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.

[quote name='Kamelot']That person that is bidding is probably one of the seller's alt accounts to simulate competition in bidding.[/QUOTE]

That's always a possibility, but there have also been numerous buy-it-now listings purchased in the $40 price range... this thing is legitimately selling for an insane amount.

[quote name='AwRy108']This. Also, the RPG elements have really been stripped down. The game feels like one step forward (graphics) and two steps back (less RPG stuff, shorter campaign), and should've been released at no more than $40 MSRP.
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the reason I'm not buying it, and I really enjoyed the first one (was my first next gen game, actually, bought it at release with my PS3). This is the sort of game I have no issue waiting and picking up for $10 in a couple of years.

those that can wait will be justified. it's not worth full price. 'better' graphics is relative considering you can't tell the difference between your characters and those of the enemy for half the game. Also poor camera control and no on-screen map option.

would be nice if dlc included another mission

hm amazon brought it down to $47 today as well. after using the last of my triple eca codes it would cost $33...wonder if it's worth it or if i should just hold out until black friday/christmas sales?

one question I had was on the force feedback when you're playing. one thing i was disappointed in the original was when i was knocking down villians, there was none and it didn't really "feel" like i was beating them up.

did the second change that?

[quote name='icedrake523']Good deal, but I'm still going to hold out for the Gold edition.[/QUOTE]
Care to enlighten me as to what the gold edition is?

[quote name='uhoh_evo']Care to enlighten me as to what the gold edition is?[/QUOTE]

About 6 months after the game first came out on 360 two DLC packs were released: one for Heroes and one for Villians. Each added 3-4 characters and cost 400-500 points or so. About a month after that there was a retail re-release of the game at the $60 price point (by this time there was some retail discounting of the original) with the two DLC's included as the "Gold" edition. I do not believe there was any additional content in the Gold edition beyond what was already released via XBLM. I can't comment on the PS3 version, but that's where Wikipedia comes in.

I didn't consider this a screw job since I played the hell out of the original and didn't think the handful of characters in the DLC were worth yet another run-through. I just think that Activision has gotten in the habit of doing re-releases with minimal new content even on consoles to keep the retail price up. I've stopped buying most Activision titles at launch for this reason since I'll either get more for the money or at least pay less.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']HOLY SHHHH... I have a spare Juggernaut code. Now the question is, Is it worth the energy to list it. Could it go higher?[/QUOTE]

I would say it's worth listing it. I'm not sure how much higher it'll go, but some extra cash is always good.

bread's done
Back