Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC Removed Early Again?

SoulEdgeVII

CAGiversary!
So I got a PSN card for Christmas and went to download the MUA2 DLC before its removed forever on December 31, 2010 and its been REMOVED BEFORE THE DEADLINE AGAIN!

Its still listed on the PSN website
http://us.playstation.com/games-and...e-alliance-2-character-compatibilty-pack.html

and available on Xbox Live.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Marvel-Ult-Alliance-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024156082f

Am I just not finding it or has it been removed? Hopefully this is just a glitch like that time MKII disappeared and it will be back in next week's update before the December 31, 2010. Activision specifically said the DLC would be up 'til December 31, 2010.

http://oneofswords.com/2010/12/time-is-running-out-for-mua2-dlc/

I noticed the same thing a few nights ago, just as I was contemplating buying it before the deadline. *sigh* Oh Sony... shall I again be denied the power of MAGNETO?

You guys have had months to buy it and so you wait till a week before the deadline to get it? You should have bought it back then.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys have had months to buy it and so you wait till a week before the deadline to get it? You should have bought it back then.[/QUOTE]
If they had said after, this post would be fine, but as it stands, you're just being a dick.

PS Ultimate Alliance 1 was way better
PPS cant believe I missed the "Moron" title underneath your name :D
PPPS where's my Xmen Legends 2 HD version

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys have had months to buy it and so you wait till a week before the deadline to get it? You should have bought it back then.[/QUOTE]

Point taken but it was taken down TWO weeks early and I got a PSN card for Christmas so I was going to use it on that. Apparently its because PSN gets a two week break for the holidays and the deadline would have passed by the time of the next update. Dammit, times like this make me want to get an Xbox. Time to follow Amazon warehouse deals...

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Wait, why are they removing it again?[/QUOTE]

Something to do with the contracts with Disney. Disney recently bought Marvel and it changed everything.

No I think it was off PSN before the Disney purchase, and returned around the time Disney bought Marvel. I think it had to do with Marvel gaming properties going to another developer.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Something to do with the contracts with Disney. Disney recently bought Marvel and it changed everything.[/QUOTE]

you are partially right, marvel had a few contracts going on for years and they all ran out right after mua2 came out. these are also what kept us from getting marvel vs capcom 2/3 until now. they are also why certain characters werent in mua or 2 and also cause issues with characters having to be part of dlc (this is the contract that is making the dlc go away) which basically boiled down to having to pay other devs for the rights to certain characters and when the contract ran out the first time it went away, they reupped it to get people who were complaining to stop and gave them a time limit to get them stating when it would run out again.

maybe if you make enough noise it will cause them to reup it one more time

I am glad I got the DLC back when it was available before waiting for the last minute to by it. Still it sucks that it got removed before the deadline for those who didn't buy it.

bread's done
Back