Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion - Gen Discussion & Info - DLC RESTORED!

Rodimus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Mua2f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh marvel zombies just looking at images from that make me think its a stupid idea. Lord I hope they don't do that I'd definatly pass if it were the case :(.

When Marvel Zombies first hit the scene in Ultimate FF it was a neat idea and a great read. When it got it's own mini-series I thought "What the hell, could be fun" and it was. But when Zombies 2 came out I did feel it was getting played out. Heck, I even read Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies. How can you say no to zombie "Howard the Duck?"

howard-ash.jpg

The varient covers were nice, I have several.

I dunno I like zombies, I like marvel I'm not sure I'd like them both "together". Its like when they merged Star Wars and Transformers. Two other things I love that don't mix well together at all. I have a feeling I"d have a similar reaction to this but given a good storyline I might change my mind. I was never a huge howard the duck fan either really though that image is kinda funny :).

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']Sweet! I hope they include a few more of the cosmic characters, like Warlock, Capt. Marvel and Thanos.[/quote]

That's one of my hopes also. I'd love to see Nova, and Thanos has always been my favorite Marvel villian.

[quote name='mike.m']I hope they can do something to change up the repetitive gameplay. Gets old fairly quick.[/quote]

Not for me lol I just beat it on hard with a buddy of mines and after we beat it we went through it again its really fun only thing I hope they fix is the announcer I miss on X-Men Legends where eh would just yell COMBO!!! Now on MUA it only does it if u do the regular punch combos which nobody hardly does I do tho it builds my supers faster ;-)

I hate the way they comboed the Xtremes in MUA. Hope they fix that. Their wasn't an option to change that, was there?

While I think this is great news, is it really a surprise...Activision whores their franchises out like no other. Hopefully this one will be good though and not the first crappy one in the series.

[quote name='Rodimus']That's one of my hopes also. I'd love to see Nova, and Thanos has always been my favorite Marvel villian.[/quote]

as long as Luke Cage makes a return with the sweet 70's costume, i'll be happy

Hopefully they make the improvements needed and don't just rush it out. Would lke to see more options in the powers the characters have, better balancing (a sword does more damage then a super power?), and multiple story lines would be great additions, and more characters, of course, would love to see Doc Oc and Punisher .

As long as they dont have the same fricken characters in it that they had last time. There's hundreds of heroes/villians to choose from and it's not like we need another game with spiderman and xmen.
I enjoyed the gameplay of the first one, I hated the boring character selection. ALthough it did make choosing my team easier since I only liked about 4 people in the whole roster.

I think a marvel - DC version would be cool. Didn't they do some sort of crossover in the comics? I don't see why they couldn't do one in a MUA type game.

I'm hoping for 100 characters..though I highly doubt they will do it. I really want more than what was in the last one. Make some villains available too unlike the first one, where we had to buy them.

Also, expand coops some how. Make the gameplay a little more than running around pressing the "A" button.

[quote name='Rodimus']I hate the way they comboed the Xtremes in MUA. Hope they fix that. Their wasn't an option to change that, was there?[/quote]

I wish there was a combo for either turning it off or timing it for when you actually wanted 3-4 xtremes at one time.

[quote name='ecmazza']While I think this is great news, is it really a surprise...Activision whores their franchises out like no other. Hopefully this one will be good though and not the first crappy one in the series.[/quote]

Err...clearly you must never have heard of EA. True crappers of great series.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I fucking love Marvel Zombies, I don't care what anyone says.[/quote]

Same here. Nothing wrong with it or the comics.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']I'm hoping for 100 characters..though I highly doubt they will do it. I really want more than what was in the last one. Make some villains available too unlike the first one, where we had to buy them.

Also, expand coops some how. Make the gameplay a little more than running around pressing the "A" button.[/quote]

I just want fewer push-this-thing-around-here puzzles and actual puzzle that take advantage of the various superheroes' powers. That way, you'd actually have to use some of the more nuanced characters or switch them out more often.

Well this makes my 2008 want list. It will prolly have to be late 2008 (christmas) so let's not hope it slips to 2009. Man I wanna see some screens from this asap! Good find OP.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']As long as they dont have the same fricken characters in it that they had last time. There's hundreds of heroes/villians to choose from and it's not like we need another game with spiderman and xmen.
I enjoyed the gameplay of the first one, I hated the boring character selection. ALthough it did make choosing my team easier since I only liked about 4 people in the whole roster.

I think a marvel - DC version would be cool. Didn't they do some sort of crossover in the comics? I don't see why they couldn't do one in a MUA type game.[/quote]

Hate to break it to you but Spiderman and X-Men sell. Sure if they just want to cater to hardcore comic book geeks, but I'm positive they are just as worried about profits. And they will see less of it if they exclude people like Spiderman and Wolverine.

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']What they need is to have it be about the Civil War, where you get to choose the side to play on.[/quote]

The problem with that is if you pick Caps side you always lose.

[quote name='Rodimus']The problem with that is if you pick Caps side you always lose.[/quote]

True, but since MUA was a basic rehash of Secret Wars, you could adjust it a touch. Besides they still have to figure out how to insert Galactus back into it, considering the ending.

If the Civil War arc is used, I honestly think it'll be a small part of the story and not fill in for the main. I don't know about you but I wanna fight villains, not other heroes, and I'm sure the developers know this. If anything the Civil War would work around Galactus, not the other way around.

Oh man, I can't wait! I loved the first one to death and only stopped playing it because the DLC wiped out my save. This is most definitely a day one purchase for me. And the tought of it coming out this year is very nice as well.

[quote name='Rodimus']The problem with that is if you pick Caps side you always lose.[/quote]
But this is a video game and as such, we as players get to decide the outcome ;)

[quote name='SynGamer']But this is a video game and as such, we as players get to decide the outcome ;)[/quote]

Says who? Last time I played FFVII Aeris dies, even though I (a player) wanted her to live.

I think everyone should take the possiblity of "Civil War" being apart of Marvel UA2 with a grain of salt.

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I hope it's got Civil Wars and you can Marvel Zombies as unlockable character skins and like 1000 characters to choose from. And 32 player Marvel Deathmatches in giant destructable cities.

Yessssssssssssssssssss.

Oh and I want to keep my New Avengers team of Luke Cage, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman & Wolverine. But add Echo, Iron Fist, Sentry, etc.

[quote name='Rodimus']I posted this in the Marvel UA thread also, but thought it deserved it's own. Saw this in my Wizard magazine. Sounding good:

From Wizard:

I know the comic reading community is divided in their opinions of "Civil War" (sounds fitting) but it's encouraging to hear that they're possibly incorporating newer story arcs into the game. Guess you can't rule out "World War Hulk" or "Annihilation" either.[/quote]
Is this in issue #198? If so what page?

I too would like a Marvel Zombies game, but maybe we'll see that in MUA3? Unless they go with Secret Invasion or something else.

[quote name='Ragekod']Is this in issue #198? If so what page?[/quote]

No, it's issue #199 on page #33 (bottom right.) You may be disappointed cause it's a very tiny article. I copied it in the OP word for word.

I would want a more close up view. A god of war type game would be cool. Where you had to use say ice man to put out fires while pressing the butoon combos like on god of war. Now that would be a cool marvel game! More choices and then having set in characters would be cool too. Like certain characters have to be in your party for this mission. So you get more teams and that helps drive story lines.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I would want a more close up view. A god of war type game would be cool. Where you had to use say ice man to put out fires while pressing the butoon combos like on god of war. Now that would be a cool marvel game! More choices and then having set in characters would be cool too. Like certain characters have to be in your party for this mission. So you get more teams and that helps drive story lines.[/quote]

Gah I hate those kind of games (ie: Justice League Heroes) where you HAVE to use certain people in certain levels. I like to be able to customize my team as I see fit.

[quote name='Ragekod']Is this in issue #198? If so what page?

I too would like a Marvel Zombies game, but maybe we'll see that in MUA3? Unless they go with Secret Invasion or something else.[/quote]

I'm hoping for Marvel Zombies and/or Silent War to be include. More inhumans FTW!

Howsabout the good ole Infinity Gauntlet series? Not only do you have a plot that actively involves the entire Marvel Universe, but it includes Thanos, who is easily the best Marvel villian ever.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I'm hoping for Marvel Zombies and/or Silent War to be include. More inhumans FTW![/quote]

Agreed, Silent War was great, and so was Son of "M". Quicksilver is one the most intresting characters in the Marvel Universe. I like those conflicting characters who are good, but make wrong choices, and Peitro has fucked up a lot.

Heroes I'd like to see:
Blackbolt
Namor
Nova
Quasar (Phyla Vell)

I've been a big fan of both X-Men Legends games and MUA, so it's good to see this one is coming out sooner than I had thought. The Civil War theme is alright by me, since the 'Big Coalition' of bad guys has been played out by now I think.

It would be kind of cool if they did something where they included a couple of the storylines "Civil War" and "Marvel Zombies." And it can be a multi-branching storyline where the decisions you make affect the outcome.

Or how about the World War Hulk storyline as the main story?

[quote name='Rodimus']Heroes I'd like to see:

Blackbolt
[/quote]
That would be cool, but his Xtreme power would unbalance the game...

"Hypersonic Scream!" *whole world blows up*

bread's done
Back