Marvel: Ultimate Alliance & Call of Duty 3 for 360 only $40 at CC

baronofhell

CAG Veteran
Wow, nice. Now I wish I would have held off on MUA, but I guess it's a good time to pick up COD3, thanks.

But, actually I guess you can get both of these games cheaper right now off of buy.com with GCO

I saw those this morning too but figured speedy covered it in the weekly ad, apparently they were missed. Being on the back page probably didn't help.

[quote name='Morph06']Wow, nice. Now I wish I would have held off on MUA, but I guess it's a good time to pick up COD3, thanks.

But, actually I guess you can get both of these games cheaper right now off of buy.com with GCO[/quote]

Buy.com is charging about $5-$6 on shipping so unless you have a free shipping coupon, I would rather just drive out to CC and pick em up.

Shit. I just traded off my Gears Of War for CoD3 too. If I would have waited a few days, I woulda just bought it at this price. :roll:

FYI, the online mulitplayer portion of CoD3 has *major* connection issues for a lot of people who are using a router. If you're planning to play on Live, you might want to rent it first to make sure you can get connected to matches before you drop $40 on it.

[quote name='norkusa']Shit. I just traded off my Gears Of War for CoD3 too. If I would have waited a few days, I woulda just bought it at this price. :roll:

FYI, the online mulitplayer portion of CoD3 has *major* connection issues for a lot of people who are using a router. If you're planning to play on Live, you might want to rent it first to make sure you can get connected to matches before you drop $40 on it.[/quote]

A patch is expected to come out to resolve this issue in a couple of weeks. That's at least what Treyarch has said. They're working around the clock beta testing it and then it should just need quick approval from Microsoft.

Oh and everybody grab CoD3 for sure. The game works great on multiplayer, especially on Player matches. Single player is great as well.

And at $40 you simply can't pass up on Marvel Ultimate Alliance any longer for 360.

Thanks Op! Took a chance on the local CC, even though online it said "not available in store." They had about 12 copies of each! A real stockpile for CC!! Picked up Marvel, gonna wait on COD3.

The Marvel game is amazing on 360, I've played through it twice already and plan on a third go. It is easily worth $60, you'd be a fool not to pick it up for $40.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']A patch is expected to come out to resolve this issue in a couple of weeks. That's at least what Treyarch has said. They're working around the clock beta testing it and then it should just need quick approval from Microsoft.

Oh and everybody grab CoD3 for sure. The game works great on multiplayer, especially on Player matches. Single player is great as well.[/quote]Damn, I was wondering what the hell was going on with that game. Every time I tried to jump online, it'd sit there searching for games and would only show one game and that was full. I've still yet to try the game online because of it.

You must COD 3! @ that price, its a no-brainer. While you are there, help support the HD DVD cause and pick up the 360 HD DVD drive :)

[quote name='norkusa']Shit. I just traded off my Gears Of War for CoD3 too. If I would have waited a few days, I woulda just bought it at this price. :roll:

FYI, the online mulitplayer portion of CoD3 has *major* connection issues for a lot of people who are using a router. If you're planning to play on Live, you might want to rent it first to make sure you can get connected to matches before you drop $40 on it.[/quote]

Well that shouldnt be an issue at least i have had the game since the week after and no problems, im using a D-Link router and i got the PAL version of the game *THANKS PLAY-ASIA*. keep in mind that a patch will be coming to fix that. Sucks that u traded GoW though.

GOOD POST OP.

Yeah wish i woulda held off on MUA but it is a great game. I'll wait for COD3 to drop more, too many games to play anyways.

God, this really tempts the hell out of me. I've been waiting for a price drop on CoD3 and I've been thinking about MUA, but I guess I'll just wait a while longer.

With a deal like this, I'll wait until there's a lower price, or they release CoD4.

EDIT: Agreed, lol @ getting CoD3 for GoW.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']A patch is expected to come out to resolve this issue in a couple of weeks. That's at least what Treyarch has said. They're working around the clock beta testing it and then it should just need quick approval from Microsoft. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard that they're working on a patch to fix it but nobody said anything about when it's coming out. Going by how long it took Treyarch to release the patch fixes for CoD2, it could be months until we see one for CoD3.

It's too bad that the multiplayer is messed-up. I love the game and had a blast playing on Live with the few games I managed to connect too. It's just a pain to deal with, so I don't even try playing online anymore.

[quote name='anomynous']LOL at getting rid of GoW for CoD3[/QUOTE]

Ehh, I didn't care for GoW. Blow shit up, take cover, run to the next checkpoint, repeat. Got boring after only playing for a couple hours. Only spent $45 on it at CC last week anyway.

Saw the sale in the CCity ad this morning and I ran to get 2 copies of COD3 for sys link play. Don't know if Marvel is for me. Good deal anyway for those who want it

[quote name='Ub3rChief']God, this really tempts the hell out of me. I've been waiting for a price drop on CoD3 and I've been thinking about MUA, but I guess I'll just wait a while longer.

With a deal like this, I'll wait until there's a lower price, or they release CoD4.

EDIT: Agreed, lol @ getting CoD3 for GoW.[/quote]

Man you are patient. How much longer can you wait for COD3, how much lower do you think you'll get it then 40 bucks. Good luck!

There was a post on this in Speedy's uber thread, but I dunno if he added to the OP there ever. Anywho, these didn't sell as well as Gears did last week. I figure we would've sold out of CoD 3 today, but there was at least a dozen copies left at the store when I got off work. It's a kickass price too, just wonder if people are missing because it's on the backpage or something.

[quote name='purduealum91']Same here. Just got back from BB. Double reward zone points and 12% off coupon.[/quote]

What coupons?

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']There was a post on this in Speedy's uber thread, but I dunno if he added to the OP there ever. Anywho, these didn't sell as well as Gears did last week. I figure we would've sold out of CoD 3 today, but there was at least a dozen copies left at the store when I got off work. It's a kickass price too, just wonder if people are missing because it's on the backpage or something.[/QUOTE]
it didnt sell because CoD3 sucks

I LOVED X-Men Legends I

I liked X-Men Legends II but stopped playing it a few hours before the end and decided it wasn't even half as good as Legends I

I tried Marvel on PS2 [before getting my 360] and HATED IT [sold it the first day]

My major complaints were: sound muffled and ear grating, graphics terrible, and loading times huge

Should I give the 360 version a shot?

[quote name='prmononoke']Couldn't one pm this at BB and use the GGC?[/quote]

Yes, probably

[quote name='sarausagi']I LOVED X-Men Legends I

I liked X-Men Legends II but stopped playing it a few hours before the end and decided it wasn't even half as good as Legends I

I tried Marvel on PS2 [before getting my 360] and HATED IT [sold it the first day]

My major complaints were: sound muffled and ear grating, graphics terrible, and loading times huge

Should I give the 360 version a shot?[/quote]

I dont know how you could hate XML2.... it was the same as 1 but better. I didnt notice different load times between 1 or 2 (or 3 for that matter) Graphics are smooth on the 360 version, give it a shot.

[quote name='sarausagi']I LOVED X-Men Legends I

Should I give the 360 version a shot?[/quote]

So all of your complaints were technology based and not gameplay based. Then of course the 360 is definitely worth a shot.

I might buy COD3 considering how long COD2 took to drop in price. I'm sure COD3 will drop faster since it's out for all three systems, but this price is still pretty good.

I hate when a bunch of good deals all hit at once and you can't jump on them all..

I want both of these, but I've only got enough now for Zelda TP and possibly MUA. CoD3 will have to wait.. guess it's not that big of a deal though since I just got CoD2 and probably wouldn't have time to play it anyway.

[quote name='norkusa']Yeah, I heard that they're working on a patch to fix it but nobody said anything about when it's coming out. Going by how long it took Treyarch to release the patch fixes for CoD2, it could be months until we see one for CoD3.

[/quote]

Treyarch did not develop CoD2. That was Infinity Ward.

It's too bad that the multiplayer is messed-up. I love the game and had a blast playing on Live with the few games I managed to connect too. It's just a pain to deal with, so I don't even try playing online anymore.

Ehh, I didn't care for GoW. Blow shit up, take cover, run to the next checkpoint, repeat. Got boring after only playing for a couple hours. Only spent $45 on it at CC last week anyway.

I hear what you're saying about CoD3 though, but there are some workarounds to get into matches. Sometimes it depends on server status and availabilty. For instance I've noticed that if I try to get on around 10 PST that it is relatively easier; it only takes a couple of minutes to connect and then after that everything is a breeze. That's the other thing that I have read that is one of the issues with CoD3 is that somehow they didn't expect the server load that they have been experiencing with games selling and getting off the shelves in America and especially in Australia and the UK.

[quote name='Kendro']What coupons?[/quote]

Reward Zone members (liek myself) got a few coupons in the mail, one for double reward zone points, one for 12% of select items,a nd one for 10% off select items. The 12% should cover the tax and a little bit more, which is pretty sweet.

hrms... this is tempting, but i have so much spare games to play and not enough time.... but which one is better? CALL OF DUTY 3 or MARVEL???? also what does it ring up to after taxes in CA?

[quote name='born2win413']hrms... this is tempting, but i have so much spare games to play and not enough time.... but which one is better? CALL OF DUTY 3 or MARVEL???? also what does it ring up to after taxes in CA?[/quote]

I am thinking the same thing. I really want both for this price, but with x-mas coming up I don't have much to spend on myself. I am leaning toward COD 3 though, it seems to have gotten better reviews and is a little less buggy than UL.

[quote name='abhinav']Yes, probably

I dont know how you could hate XML2.... it was the same as 1 but better. I didnt notice different load times between 1 or 2 (or 3 for that matter) Graphics are smooth on the 360 version, give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

Umm, let's see..

Take out Beast, Jubilee, Psylocke, Magma, and Emma Frost [all which happen to be some of my favorite X-Men characters: especially Beast and Jubilee, and four of them happen to be female as well]

Get rid of the huge, explorable, wonderfully detailed mansion, replace it with a tiny little lair..

Underpower GREAT characters [come on, Colossus and Storm in the first one were unbeatable, Cyclops was half way decent as well]

My real problem was all the new characters weren't really needed. Bishop? Gambit, Cyclops and Jubilee more than enough took care of the energy/projectile role. Juggernaut? Colossus, Beast, and Wolverine all have the same play mechanics. Scarlet Witch? Psylocke, Jubilee, Emma Frost. Sunfire? He's a lot more popular and fleshed out than Magma. So why in the world does he not play even half as well as Magma..?

Other than that, it's the same. If anything, the real problem is that I was hoping for more characters, but not the villains: Havok? Angel? Dazzler? Kitty Pride/Shadowcat? Polaris? Cable? Banshee? Why in the world were they not in there?!

And putting Iron Man in was just low, I can name five Marvel characters more deserving of being in an X-Title than Iron Man, and those characters are Captain America, Spiderman, The Hulk, Thor, and The Punisher. Mr. Fantastic would have been a good choice too.

I'm getting MUA on 360 again hoping widescreen, dolby digital 5.1, and next gen graphics make it a lot better for me, especially since 5 out of 6 characters I listed are on the roster and I probably just didn't give it good enough a chance.

[quote name='jrutz']Activision always has those annual B2G1F deals, so I'm holding out. I want MUA, CoD3 and P8.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except it's almost the same price..B2G1F for those is $120 for all three games.

Just the same as $40 plus $40: $80 total and you can get them now.

I'm sure Tony Hawk will drop price WAY before MUA or COD will.

[quote name='Millertime27']Both are really $35 with the Next Gen Buyer's Guide @ CC.[/QUOTE]

You can't use those coupons when the game is already on sale. I tried it with GoW last week when it was $45. They said the register lets you only do one deal, not both.

[quote name='InuFaye']how accurate are those in store locator things? It says both of my stores are out of stock.[/QUOTE]
I've had somewhat iffy results. Try calling as well.

the store locators are inaccuarate. i told my friend about it about 3hrs ago and he was like he asked for it and they said it was $60. i was like that isnt right because i was in there earlier and it was in the ad for 40. so i went online to check again and said it was out of stock, yet he was just able to get one. and he eventually got it for $40

bread's done
Back