Marvel: Ultimate Alliance/Forza 2 $19.99 at gamestop

njufreak

CAG Veteran
I just went today to get marvel used for 12 bucks and they had a double pack with forza 2 for only 20 bucks. They are two different disks not like the old xbox console games. The box was a gamestop box and was under the marvel section but did say both marvel and forza.

Actually this is a YMMV.

I've been to a few GameStops in Florida and South Carolina since the holidays. All of them are seperating the games and selling them at their normal used price; $29.99 for Forza 2, $19.99 for MUA. In one GameStop they had actually cut the insert down the spine and put both games up seperately with half an insert.

hah, that's why i hate gamestop sometimes.

i am guessing they are selling them both as new. i hate when they do that, slap on a "NEW" tag and sell them as new even tho it has been opened.

The worst I've seen is them selling a game new when they use the generic gamestop box.

Me asking: How is that new?
Clerk: The disc and booklet is new
Me: Where's the box?
Clerk: I dono, you want it or not?
Me: I'll pass.

[quote name='Caswell']Actually this is a YMMV.

I've been to a few GameStops in Florida and South Carolina since the holidays. All of them are seperating the games and selling them at their normal used price; $29.99 for Forza 2, $19.99 for MUA. In one GameStop they had actually cut the insert down the spine and put both games up seperately with half an insert.[/quote]
Yeah, but then there's the internet and both together have been 19.99 or cheaper for awhile.

yeah.. i was there the other day...

forza 2 - 35 bucks (used)
marvel - 30 bucks (new)
marvel - 25 bucks (used)

forza 2/marvel pack... 20 bucks ?

I was like... ok this can't come with both discs ?

the gamestop guy actually said yeah man get that.. our pricing makes no sense sometimes.

[quote name='Daran']Yeah, but then there's the internet and both together have been 19.99 or cheaper for awhile.[/quote]

Link? I searched GameStop's site for "Forza 2" and didn't see the double pack.

I was lucky and picked it up the day after XMAS sale for 17.99 with Edge and bought 2 games for kids, third was free, so I figured I spend about $5 for Marvel and $5 for Forza 2, just sucks, because the irony is that my 360 is still at the service center going on 5 weeks now. I call at least twice a week and they still have not shipped it back. M$ sucks. Good thing I have 2 PS3s:applause:

[quote name='WalterKovacs']Considering that the box says "NOT PACKAGED FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE" can they really do that?[/QUOTE]

Yes. That disclaimer is not a restriction on sale but rather to comply with consumer item labeling requirements.

[quote name='pun123']I was lucky and picked it up the day after XMAS sale for 17.99 with Edge and bought 2 games for kids, third was free, so I figured I spend about $5 for Marvel and $5 for Forza 2, just sucks, because the irony is that my 360 is still at the service center going on 5 weeks now. I call at least twice a week and they still have not shipped it back. M$ sucks. Good thing I have 2 PS3s:applause:[/quote]

My defective power cord was at the service center for 2 months....

[quote name='Caswell']Link? I searched GameStop's site for "Forza 2" and didn't see the double pack.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been able to find it on the website but if you call your local stores, they might be nice enough to check on it. I have two local stores; one had two copies and the other had one, so there's a pretty decent chance of finding it. Seems like a bunch of people getting the holiday bundle aren't interested in those games (and are too stupid to trade them in as two separate items apparently).

[quote name='mkernan']I haven't been able to find it on the website but if you call your local stores, they might be nice enough to check on it. I have two local stores; one had two copies and the other had one, so there's a pretty decent chance of finding it. Seems like a bunch of people getting the holiday bundle aren't interested in those games (and are too stupid to trade them in as two separate items apparently).[/quote]
Nope.

I tried that at local GameStops (Blue Diamond and Sahara locales respectively) and was told "3 for Forza 2" and "2 for Marvel Ultimate Alliance." Even with a few dollars as a buffer, it's still way off from the prices listed in the CAG Wiki.

just picked it up myself....and while I was walking up to pay they were talking about how its crazy how gamestop can sell games marked "not for resale" and apparently this year a lot of companies are going to be making it illegal for GS to sell their games used, and if they dont comply theyll pull out of GS

a report just came out that in 2007 used games cost the VG industry over a billion

[quote name='AssaultMonkey']apparently this year a lot of companies are going to be making it illegal for GS to sell their games used, and if they dont comply theyll pull out of GS[/quote]

Got a source for that?

[quote name='chasemurata']Nope.

I tried that at local GameStops (Blue Diamond and Sahara locales respectively) and was told "3 for Forza 2" and "2 for Marvel Ultimate Alliance." Even with a few dollars as a buffer, it's still way off from the prices listed in the CAG Wiki.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds more like a handful of stores deciding to be douches than a national trade-in value to me, but I dunno. If anybody cares, trading them in as two separate games to Blockbuster/Gamerush gets you $15 for MUA and $22 for Forza 2 in credit; that's good til at least the close of business on Monday.

[quote name='uglyteradon']I'm stil waiting to get my hands on a Mavel Ultimate Gold.[/quote]

Is that download free on X-Box Live? I know they have it, I got it for PS3 (the game) but they don't offer the download on PSN. If its free I might get the bundle.

[quote name='Davestation']Is that download free on X-Box Live? I know they have it, I got it for PS3 (the game) but they don't offer the download on PSN. If its free I might get the bundle.[/QUOTE]

No, MUA Gold is basically MUA with the downloadable content already included. (If I'm not mistaken)

[quote name='AssaultMonkey']a report just came out that in 2007 used games cost the VG industry over a billion[/quote]

But how many more billions do they rake in with new sales? I'm sorry, that whine falls in line with the MPAA and RIAA bitching their retarded ass heads off saying that used sales cut them out. fuck both of them

bread's done
Back