marvel vs capcom 2 now 59.99 on gamestop when it comes in stock

According to the online store locator, one of my local EBs has the PS2 version of MvsC2 in stock, but they really don't. When I got to the store and asked, they guy said "Oh, that database hasn't been updated in like 3 months."

[quote name='organicow']According to the online store locator, one of my local EBs has the PS2 version of MvsC2 in stock, but they really don't. When I got to the store and asked, they guy said "Oh, that database hasn't been updated in like 3 months."[/QUOTE]

Happens all the time. about 10 stores in my vicinity "have" Castlevania SOTN, called them all and they say they don't. Either that or I just tipped off 10 greedy clerks.

anyway, $60 is crazy.

[quote name='organicow']According to the online store locator, one of my local EBs has the PS2 version of MvsC2 in stock, but they really don't. When I got to the store and asked, they guy said "Oh, that database hasn't been updated in like 3 months."[/QUOTE]

lol, that database is updated every day, or every other day.

That dude just had it in the drawer for himself.

[quote name='Roufuss']lol, that database is updated every day, or every other day.

That dude just had it in the drawer for himself.[/QUOTE]
That's not really a suprise, since those dudes at that location are such turds.

[quote name='organicow']That's not really a suprise, since those dudes at that location are such turds.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they'll use an insane explanation like that, because if they said "We don't have it" someone would counter with "but it's on the locator".

Then if they said it's on hold for themselves, some people make a fuss. They figure by lying, the average customer dosen't know how EB / GS works and they'll just drop it right then.

Honestly, I probably would have complained more if I didn't already have a copy for XB. I'd honestly rather sell my XB copy since I like the PS2 con for 2D fighters better. Oh well.

FYI, Goatstore has MvC2 for dreamcast complete in stock for $35.00, and VGUG has the Dreamcast version of MvC2 complete in stock for $19.99.

[quote name='Apossum']Happens all the time. about 10 stores in my vicinity "have" Castlevania SOTN, called them all and they say they don't. Either that or I just tipped off 10 greedy clerks.

anyway, $60 is crazy.[/quote]

I'd rather pay $60 for a top-notch fighting game (the best there is) than some overhyped Xbox 360 title.

Ah...I remember when I picked this up for $15 at a pawn shop...nice day that was. I didnt even know it was rare at the time, I just wanted it because it had Jill in it and I was obsessed with Resident Evil at the time :p

[quote name='Rozz']I'd rather pay $60 for a top-notch fighting game (the best there is) than some overhyped Xbox 360 title.[/QUOTE]

that's a great point (only doa4 has been worth it to me so far...fuck Oblivion and its olde english nonsense and boring fetching...yeah, I said it) and I did just pay $55 with the more card for a surface marked copy with no instructions :p

They might as well jack up prices on rare games. It would prevent employees from purchasing them to sale online. But if they are going to charge that much for a copy it needs to be complete.

[quote name='kjauburn']They might as well jack up prices on rare games. It would prevent employees from purchasing them to sale online. But if they are going to charge that much for a copy it needs to be complete.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed the $60 price tag discourages employees ALOT more now... one store I called the guy told me "Geez, it's the same price as a 360 game, that seems kind of a rip off, it dosen't even have the manual!!"

I've got one on hold right now at a local EB, this one I think I'm actually going to keep and play and sell my DC version... I'm excited.

BTW, this game appears in like 2 stores every week or so in a 30 mile radius... it's not that rare if you keep checking everyday.

$60 now, they keep rasing the price.

fye/strawberries sells both versions new and used for under $50. In my experience it comes in stock at there B&M stores every so ofen.

If you see a new one, drop me a PM. I'll buy it.

[quote name='Big Vato Man']let me ask one Q how can this game cost $60. wat is so special about game?[/QUOTE]

Out of print, and it is probably the one game that dosen't stand a chance to get reprinted, as Capcom has no interest in the Marvel license it seems... to reprint the game, they'd have to go through EA, who currently holds the rights, and it's too much effort for anyone to bother with.

It's $60 in Gamestop because the game is getting $100 on Ebay... I'm surprised GS didn't jack the price up to $70.

Many people feel it's one of the best fighters out there, and I think that price on Ebay will keep going up like it has.

[quote name='Roufuss']Out of print, and it is probably the one game that dosen't stand a chance to get reprinted, as Capcom has no interest in the Marvel license it seems... to reprint the game, they'd have to go through EA, who currently holds the rights, and it's too much effort for anyone to bother with.

It's $60 in Gamestop because the game is getting $100 on Ebay... I'm surprised GS didn't jack the price up to $70.

Many people feel it's one of the best fighters out there, and I think that price on Ebay will keep going up like it has.[/quote]

haha yea, i bought one with the disc and case and no manual off of gamestop.com's buy 2 get 1 free deal last november. saw that they were getting roughly 70 on ebay at the time. placed my copy 2 weeks ago thinking id get around 70, end price ended up being 100...not bad.

Quite crazy. I was in a local Gamestop and saw it listed for $60.00 used for Xbox. Funny to think that this is the going rate for a new 360 game :hot:.

[quote name='Big Vato Man']let me ask one Q how can this game cost $60. wat is so special about game?[/quote]

I have this, but DEFINITELY don't understand why it fetches that much. It's got some of the worst music I've ever heard in a fighting game ("Gonna take you for a ride" won't go out of my head), and the character sprites are simply rehashes from the other Capcom/Marvel titles.

What IS appealing, however, is the large roster to pick from. True, there are two versions of Wolverine and War Machine is only a different colored Iron Man, but the list is sizeable. The appeal has to do with the exaggerated combos you can pull off and the matches you thought you'd never see (Venom vs. Megaman, Dr. Doom vs. Jill Valentine).

I'd easily pay $20-25 because it's a fun fighter, but $80-$100 is reserved for the SERIOUS collector only.

Why not get Capcom vs. SNK 2? The roster is just as crazy and I picked it up off Ebay for $18 + shipping. Totally worth it and more.

Just my two cents.

A.

[quote name='Example']I have this, but DEFINITELY don't understand why it fetches that much. It's got some of the worst music I've ever heard in a fighting game ("Gonna take you for a ride" won't go out of my head), and the character sprites are simply rehashes from the other Capcom/Marvel titles.

What IS appealing, however, is the large roster to pick from. True, there are two versions of Wolverine and War Machine is only a different colored Iron Man, but the list is sizeable. The appeal has to do with the exaggerated combos you can pull off and the matches you thought you'd never see (Venom vs. Megaman, Dr. Doom vs. Jill Valentine).

I'd easily pay $20-25 because it's a fun fighter, but $80-$100 is reserved for the SERIOUS collector only.

Why not get Capcom vs. SNK 2? The roster is just as crazy and I picked it up off Ebay for $18 + shipping. Totally worth it and more.

Just my two cents.

A.[/QUOTE]

MvsC2 and all the other "Marvel" branded capcom games will never get re-issued as Capcom no longer has the licence. I suspect the MvsC2 will be the most valueable PS2 game (in time) as it will never get a re-print, it is a good game, and most gamers like it. It has very complex licening issues and there is no way Game Quest Direct will be able to re-print it.

bread's done
Back