Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $13.50 USED at Gamestop.com

OOS on the online site, but still if you can find this in store B&M that is a hot deal. I already have one without the manual, i would prefer to get one with the manual.

thnx for the heads up tho

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']What's the price on the XBox or Dreamcast version at Gamestop?[/quote]

$34.99 for XB
$37.99 for DC

but they're both backordered

crazy price drop for the PS2 version

link

Grab this deal by the horns and fuck it up the ass, I got this game last summer for 40 bucks, played it everyday after work with my buddies, best 40 bucks I ever spent.

I got it from Gamestop. Theres many scractches everywhere, but it was complete, and it works fine. I just wish people would take better care of their discs - mine are in perfect condition (and this is no lie).

Thanks for the post, I have been looking for this at a reasonable price! It was backordered but I did the search and ordered it from there. Hopefully I will get it.

Sweet deal - thanks, OP! I don't have high hopes that my order will be fulfilled, but it did go through and I got a confirmation e-mail.

I already own the DC version of this but I figure it might get more play on the PS2. Plus I have a stick for PS2.

Thanks again!

you can buy a replacement manual from Capcom for around $5.
[more information should be on their site]

[quote name='dracula']OOS on the online site, but still if you can find this in store B&M that is a hot deal. I already have one without the manual, i would prefer to get one with the manual.

thnx for the heads up tho[/quote]

The only problem I have wiith ordering used games from gamestop is that on a few ocassions I've received games that were incomplete (no case or manual). But I bit the bullet and ordered this anyway because it's a helluva deal.

While we're on the subject though, if anyone knows where I could get a case and manual for silent hill 2 (ps2) a pm would be appreciated.

I cant seem to find this game i check like 10 gamestop and they said it is rare and they dont have it. and now gamestop have it on back order. Any other place that have it.

Maaaannnnnnn.........If only EB had it @ this price.

I saw 2 complete copies @ a store in my old hometown last week. Oh wells.....

That's a good price for such an awesome game. But anyone ever noticed how the sound in the ps2 version is kind of off compared to the other versions? It sounds muffled and not as sharp. Stiill a good game to play on those sweet SF Anniversary controllers/stick :D

[quote name='Burrito']you can buy a replacement manual from Capcom for around $5.
[more information should be on their site]

[quote name='dracula']OOS on the online site, but still if you can find this in store B&M that is a hot deal. I already have one without the manual, i would prefer to get one with the manual.

thnx for the heads up tho[/quote][/quote]

Huh? where?

I have an xbox one that I got sans the instructions...I would like to complete it though.

[quote name='Matarick']Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I was too late :([/quote]

Probably the "lurkers" that lurk and buy all the stock for ebay. God I hate them.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Well, now in my orderstatus, it says backordered. I'll tell you if it arrives.[/quote]

My order says the same thing, at least we got in at the low price.

OP did you find this using the CAG-O-Matic. It didn't show up on it, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']so if it's available at a B&M store, is it the same price? there's one not ten miles away.[/quote]

I think it depends. I went to GameStop last night to get one, and it still had a 34.99 sticker on it. I took it up to the cashier, and it rang in at 39.99 (?!).

[quote name='pimp tyranny']so if it's available at a B&M store, is it the same price? there's one not ten miles away.[/quote]

I checked. Didn't change B&M.

My B&M also had a complete mint copy and when I took it to the counter it rang up $39.99. The funny thing is it was marked $34.99 and the guy would not adjust the price down to the $34.99, if I was going to buy it.

My order status changed from backordered to shipped! Thanks OP and the guys who told us how to get around the backordered status and order it anyway!

[quote name='ajh2298']My B&M also had a complete mint copy and when I took it to the counter it rang up $39.99. The funny thing is it was marked $34.99 and the guy would not adjust the price down to the $34.99, if I was going to buy it.[/quote]

That's illegal -- it's a clear bait and switch. You can actually have the cops force him to sell it to you for the stickered price. That's why you can't just put a sign out front that says "Everything's free!!" and then say "just kidding" when everyone rushes in.

[quote name='outkastx']I ordered two last week when they were still $34.99. They both came disc only ;([/quote]

Call about your situation and send them back. I have ordered several "rare" games and kept sending them back until they finally sent me complete copies.

Edit: Also, you guys might want to know this:
I called today and asked why they send so many people disc only and apparently it is actually their policy to only send discs to save on shipping.
This is even if they have the case!

I already have a case and manual for MvC2, so disc only would be fine for me. If I get an extra case/manual, I'd trade it for another case/manual that I need.

Also, there are a lot of ps1 games in stock that usually aren't. I'm about to order Star Ocean 2nd Story and MvC2 with the 25% off through BN.com.

[quote name='onikage']Edit: Also, you guys might want to know this:
I called today and asked why they send so many people disc only and apparently it is actually their policy to only send discs to save on shipping.
This is even if they have the case![/quote]

Really? I have yet to get a game disc-only from them and I have ordered some rare games and a few at once for some titles (for local friends). Hm.

[quote name='wannabepunktony'][quote name='onikage']Edit: Also, you guys might want to know this:
This is even if they have the case![/quote]

Really? I have yet to get a game disc-only from them and I have ordered some rare games and a few at once for some titles (for local friends). Hm.[/quote]

I asked specifically why they have sent out so many disc onlys and that's what I was told. I have received the case once out of 17 orders, mostly PS2 and PS1 games.

Example:
MGS2S(PS2) 3 orders, all disc only, one crushed!
TOD2(PS1) 2 orders, both discs only

Have you ordered anything recently and had it come complete?

I got mine today finally and it was complete. The cd holder was cracked but at least it had the cover and instructions! Thanks again OP.

[quote name='onikage']Have you ordered anything recently and had it come complete?[/quote]

I ordered three MGS 2: Substance, received last week, all three were complete - case and manual. Sounds like I either have awesome luck or someone out there has crappy luck. ;P Still waiting on my MvsC2 though, so maybe that's where the luck runs out....

[quote name='wannabepunktony'][quote name='onikage']Have you ordered anything recently and had it come complete?[/quote]

I ordered three MGS 2: Substance, received last week, all three were complete - case and manual. Sounds like I either have awesome luck or someone out there has crappy luck. ;P Still waiting on my MvsC2 though, so maybe that's where the luck runs out....[/quote]

I ordered a few times from GS.com. 60% of the games are complete. 40% of the games are disc only!!! The worst thing I have ever encountered is that they sent "Not for Sale" disc to me. Is that legal???

bread's done
Back