Marvel vs Capcom 2 PS2 Gamestop $79.99 NOW OUT OF STOCK

I don't know if I'd do it if I didn't have it already. Not just because of the price, but because you aren't guaranteed a case/manual.

The DC version is a much better arcade-true port of the game and it goes for a lot less.

Why don't those dumbasses reprint the game? It won't cost them anything to develop it, and they would make a killing at $50 a pop.

Square should do the same thing with FF7.

[quote name='Capitalizt']Why don't those dumbasses reprint the game? It won't cost them anything to develop it, and they would make a killing at $50 a pop.

Square should do the same thing with FF7.[/quote]

Because those dumbasses no longer have the rights to the Marvel license. Square should never reprint FF7 because they already sold untold millions of copies of the title and given it's a PS1 title, the economics of reprinting it on a mass scale is simply not worth it.

Sometimes developers don't want a legacy to be tarnished with millions of unsold copies ending up in a dollar bin.

First off I dont see why people are all about the DC version. I own it and I want the PS2 version because the DC controller is HORRIBLE! Second though id love to see them rerelease it for Xbox Live Arcade or PSN. They would make a freaking mint if they released it to one of those 2 for like $10-$15.

But ya I guess they would have to work something out with liscensing.

[quote name='SumDumRetard']Square should never reprint FF7 because they already sold untold millions of copies of the title and given it's a PS1 title, the economics of reprinting it on a mass scale is simply not worth it.[/QUOTE]

I disagree, while I don't think they should reprint it by itself, I think with FF7 they should make a final fantasy 3-pack for PS2, like they have been doing so much of lately with other titles, and include FF7 with 2 other titles and including a ps1 title with a 3-pack isn't too far fetched since they did so with the metal gear 3-pack already.

[quote name='thetoxicone']I disagree, while I don't think they should reprint it by itself, I think with FF7 they should make a final fantasy 3-pack for PS2, like they have been doing so much of lately with other titles, and include FF7 with 2 other titles and including a ps1 title with a 3-pack isn't too far fetched since they did so with the metal gear 3-pack already.[/QUOTE]

If they are looking for fans....ya not a bad idea. From a money stand point it would be a better stand alone rerelease for something like the downloadable services and charge a pretty hefty price.....then after everyone has purchased it they announce the PS3/PSP remake and really cash in.

This game will never be reprinted, Marvel is a household name now and Capcom has plenty of their own IP's they could be making money off of.

[quote name='dan13l858']i have to agree the DC version is hands down the best.[/quote]

i remember gettin my DC copy for 7 bucks. I still play it to this day!

[quote name='MSI Magus']First off I dont see why people are all about the DC version. I own it and I want the PS2 version because the DC controller is HORRIBLE! Second though id love to see them rerelease it for Xbox Live Arcade or PSN. They would make a freaking mint if they released it to one of those 2 for like $10-$15.

But ya I guess they would have to work something out with liscensing.[/QUOTE]

That what the dreamcast arcade sticks are for. Also, "The Dreamcast version is the closest of the three home console ports to the arcade version, due to its hardware being similar to that of a NAOMI, and at the same time it is the cheapest due to a higher number of copies produced." i pulled this quote from the wikipedia Marvel vs Capcom 2 page. i Totally agree, Dreamcast version looks better than the ps2 and xbox versions.

[quote name='MSI Magus']First off I dont see why people are all about the DC version. I own it and I want the PS2 version because the DC controller is HORRIBLE![/quote]

The DC controller may not be the best, but the D-pad is much better than the dualshock D-pad. Plus, as was said earlier, thats' what the DC Agetec stick is for.

Chris

Should this even be mentioned anymore? I mean "Hello" website is called Cheap Ass Gamer. How is this even considered a deal. If people just stop paying this price on this game then price will drop and then one day it will be sold for a more reasonable price.

Dreamcast Version > all.

Closest to Naomi arcade version.

If you really need/want to use another controller just get a decent (Innovation) converter.

[quote name='Shimrra']Should this even be mentioned anymore? I mean "Hello" website is called Cheap Ass Gamer. How is this even considered a deal. If people just stop paying this price on this game then price will drop and then one day it will be sold for a more reasonable price.[/quote]

It's basic supply and demand. People want this game and there aren't enough of 'em around. If people "stopped paying this price," it only indicates that the game is no longer coveted. This would happen with a less popular game, but probably not this one. It goes on eBay for $90, so if you want to get technical, it could be a deal, especially with online coupons involved.

[quote name='Xfactor4']Website shows OUT OF STOCK and backordered. Maybe OP should update thread.:)

Xfactor[/quote]

This was my first thread created. How do I update it? What do I have to do? I will try to figure it out. Thanks.

Update: Figured it out. Updated thread.

bread's done
Back