Marvel vs Capcom 2

loca

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I want this game to relive the awesomness that is Marvel vs capcom 2, but I have looked on ebay and amazon and the sellers want an arm and a leg for the game. I know this game is no longer printed, but I was wondering if fellow cheap asses know where to find this game for at least less than 60$. Thanks to anyone that can point me in the right direction.

It's said that if it were released on the Marketplace, it would have the same issues the game has from the actual disc. 360 users report various glitching and artifacts on the screen throughout gameplay, anywhere in the range of mild to moderate and can ultimately lead to it being unplayable in the worst cases thanks to the issues. Wasnt the first game 2-D game to report such issues either. BC seems very hit and miss with old Xbox titles.

Good luck on spotting this game cheaply, as its been quite expensive for most people to get their hands on. I'd almost recommend a cheap Dreamcast and the game personally, as it was among one of my fav ports from the arcade.

Another option might be WinKawaks, as I believe it ran MvC2 from the arcade rom. However linking to such isn't an option here.

Good luck!

For PS2 or Xbox? PS2 comes out to $56 after 20% off coupon + EDGE at GS and the xbox version comes out to $42. That's your best bet for cheapness.

If you can't a find a copy at a local Gamestop to use a coupon on, buy a Dreamcast and get a copy of the superior console version. It will probably cost you the same (or less) as buying a copy for the PS2 or Xbox on eBay or Amazon. Plus, you could always get some other cheap Dreamcast games, as well.

Just wait for it to come to Live/PSN. If it does suck as a download, used copy prices would probably trend downwards too.

Yeah I heard that it was coming to XBLA maybe, but I just enjoy owning the actual disc. Perhaps buying a dreamcast and buying the game would be nice. As for buying it form GS I looked at gamestop.com and they only have it for xbox. I want it for PS2. Also they might not include the manual and original case.

[quote name='loca']Yeah I heard that it was coming to XBLA maybe, but I just enjoy owning the actual disc. Perhaps buying a dreamcast and buying the game would be nice. As for buying it form GS I looked at gamestop.com and they only have it for xbox. I want it for PS2. Also they might not include the manual and original case.[/quote]

1) When on GS.com, look for the button at the bottom that "shows/hides" items not available for sale online. You will see the PS2 version of MvC2, so you can check to see what stores near you have a copy. This is a better option than buying online, because a) you can check the condition of the game and b) you can use one of the coupons that is usually floating around (though there is always CAG16 when buying online).

2) If you do see something used on their site that you want, don't hesitate to buy it. If it comes in crappy shape and/or missing something, you can return it to any GS store.

Alright thanks for your help. I am going to check that feature out right now. Just checked and it will cost me 79.99. Ouch. Maybe I will get it regardless. This however will in turn make me sell some games.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']It's said that if it were released on the Marketplace, it would have the same issues the game has from the actual disc. 360 users report various glitching and artifacts on the screen throughout gameplay, anywhere in the range of mild to moderate and can ultimately lead to it being unplayable in the worst cases thanks to the issues. Wasnt the first game 2-D game to report such issues either. BC seems very hit and miss with old Xbox titles.

Good luck on spotting this game cheaply, as its been quite expensive for most people to get their hands on. I'd almost recommend a cheap Dreamcast and the game personally, as it was among one of my fav ports from the arcade.

Another option might be WinKawaks, as I believe it ran MvC2 from the arcade rom. However linking to such isn't an option here.

Good luck![/quote]

Some people are talking about a "REMAKE". Not remade per se but optimized for 360 and PSN not just an emulated game like those Xbox Originals

[quote name='loca']Alright thanks for your help. I am going to check that feature out right now. Just checked and it will cost me 79.99. Ouch. Maybe I will get it regardless. This however will in turn make me sell some games.[/quote]
I have a copy ps2 nr mint complete I'd sell. I bought it at gamestop with the coupon. PM if your interested

bread's done
Back