Marvel vs. Capcom 3: SE (PS3) back instock (3/25) at Amazon

I just played this at MicroCenter. I didn't realize it kept the 2D plane and thought it was going to be more like SF4..it was pretty fun for the 5 mins I played, and this is one of the SEs that is 'rare' unlike the others that flood the market. I saw 2 copies at a Fry's, didn't pick them up, gone the next day when I had made up my mind to purchase..

edit: yeah just ordered it :D figured what the hell, plus I got the nice case edition for MvC2 on the PS3, so this will go well with it.

[quote name='VaultDweller']msrp[/QUOTE]
Try to find it even at that price. Excellent finding OP. Thanks

[quote name='token2k6']I just played this at MicroCenter. I didn't realize it kept the 2D plane and thought it was going to be more like SF4..it was pretty fun for the 5 mins I played, and this is one of the SEs that is 'rare' unlike the others that flood the market. I saw 2 copies at a Fry's, didn't pick them up, gone the next day when I had made up my mind to purchase..

edit: yeah just ordered it :D figured what the hell, plus I got the nice case edition for MvC2 on the PS3, so this will go well with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and seeing as the 2 DLC characters are 5 bucks a piece this is like a free SB upgrade (and a pretty one at that) plus a fun little comic.

I'd like to see more CEs like this.

[quote name='decon']How limited is the SE?[/QUOTE]

Not really sure, but the only place I've seen them since launch is Amazon. I've been to quite a few Gamestops, Targets, and Best Buys looking for friends and haven't found one. And that was a week- 2weeks after launch.

This is the dumbest thing ever. I'm still trying to get rid of my X360 copy and somehow retailers keep pulling more stock out of their ass :/

It is a really good CE in any case. The steelbook is amazing and yeah, $10 in DLC so if you were willing to buy the game at MSRP anyways, the SE is the way to go.

[quote name='rpnguyen']dammit all gone[/QUOTE]
According to Amazon, more will be due in stock March 25th.

Man, I should have bought that 360 copy at Target when I had the chance.

[quote name='VaultDweller']im gonna wait for a price drop, $70 for a fighting game is too much, unless it came bundled with a fightstick the i woulda bite[/QUOTE]

you could easily sell this for at least $85

[quote name='VaultDweller']im a gamer not a reseller/flipper[/QUOTE]

lol. but its still a good collectors item. but if you just want to play the game then yeah wait for a price drop

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']you could easily sell this for at least $85[/QUOTE]

If you sell it for that much on ebay you're looking about about $7-8 in fees for an auction and even more if you use their "Buy It Now" feature. The most recent auction are typically ending around $75-80. It doesn't leave a whole lot of room for profit.

[quote name='VaultDweller']im gonna wait for a price drop, $70 for a fighting game is too much, unless it came bundled with a fightstick the i woulda bite[/QUOTE]

Hmm... then what game would be worth $70? :whistle2:k

Hmm...own the Xbox360 version..I wonder if it's worth buying the PS3 version as well?? How big is the fighting community on the PS3??

I think many people are just waiting for the Gold (or whatever they are going to call it) version that is sure to be released before Christmas with all the DLC included. Capcom has been doing that pretty regularly recently so I am sure they will be doing it again with MvC3.

[quote name='Owen']I think many people are just waiting for the Gold (or whatever they are going to call it) version that is sure to be released before Christmas with all the DLC included. Capcom has been doing that pretty regularly recently so I am sure they will be doing it again with MvC3.[/QUOTE]

GOTY/ Ultimate Editions / Gold editions are great value but they don't have the collectibility that people who would want this version is looking for.

It annoys me I bought the regular edition a week after launch because my friends loved it and now the SE keeps popping up everywhere :lol:.

Either way yes this is MSRP but I believe the game is good enough that it warrants it.

[quote name='ivos']Try to find it even at that price. Excellent finding OP. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Its readily available around me. I've found almost a dozen copies in person so I doubt this is "rare" unless I just have lazy gamers around me not searching.

I'm hoping for the PH/Gold editions as well.

Anyone who wants the Collector's Edition can have this. But I think I'll wait for a more "complete" version down the road.

[quote name='[email protected]']I didn't realize it kept the 2D plane and thought it was going to be more like SF4.[/QUOTE]

Didn't play much of SFIV, but wasn't that just a 2d fighting game with 3d character models?

I recently returned my SE to Amazon for a full refund. I ordered it the last time they had more stock but I received it with a nasty dent on the front top of the case and the top lining. So whoever bought from this batch, one person could be receiving the copy I returned (unopened).

[quote name='confoosious']I think he's waiting for one with a gold case.[/QUOTE]

Or one that makes you a sandwich when you're hungry.

is this game doable without a stick? (no puns intended)

Never was much of a fighter fan myself, but have a brother whose room is color-coded according to Blanka.

Been meaning to pick up a copy of MVC3 to practice and hopefully get to know him better through the fast-pace button mashing frenzy.

It's a four button layout, so a standard controller isn't impossible to play with. If you want an improvement you can always pick up fightpad to make the game easier to handle. Either way, it's doable with just the controller if it's your only option.

[quote name='popaloo']is this game doable without a stick? (no puns intended)

Never was much of a fighter fan myself, but have a brother whose room is color-coded according to Blanka.

Been meaning to pick up a copy of MVC3 to practice and hopefully get to know him better through the fast-pace button mashing frenzy.[/QUOTE]
Your brother's room is orange and green? LOL

dpad is certainly doable, although a stick makes many actions easier. i always found it hard to consistently do DP motions on a pad (plus i would get blisters) and xfactor requires you to hit all four attack buttons.

bread's done
Back