Marvel vs. Capcom $9.99

Should just wait for UmVc3 to get to 20. This game really has no redeeming features if you get UmVc3 eventually.

[quote name='Gosha']Should just wait for UmVc3 to get to 20. This game really has no redeeming features if you get UmVc3 eventually.[/QUOTE]

Except Capcom nerfing some mid tier and buffing some high tier... >>

But yeah, I agree wait for it, the new characters make it worth it...

was there any difference between ps3 and 360 versions of this game? or the ultimate version? i heard something about 1 system getting more characters the other did not.. true?

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']was there any difference between ps3 and 360 versions of this game? or the ultimate version? i heard something about 1 system getting more characters the other did not.. true?[/QUOTE]

One system might get patched a bit faster than the other, but I don't think there are any real differences other than that.

Street Fighter x Tekken was the one that had exclusive characters.

This is really an obsolete game now that UMVC3 came out. I mean you can enjoy it for what it is but it's like (can't really think of a better example) playing Madden 2011 when Madden 2012 has come out.

It's really a shame that Capcom didn't make this game cross compatible.

it trades in to best buy for $7, and they sometimes have a 50% bonus and 10% unlocked bonus making it trade in for $11.20

so if you play it fast its a free net rental allowing a buck for gas money to get to best buy.

Probably the only Capcom fighting game I feel I made a mistake in buying for full retail. I never even liked the MvC series. DOH!

How many people suspect that the third iteration of this is going to get announced at E3? I have zero faith in Capcom to stop after two iterations.

It makes it difficult for me to get interested in MvC at all until the final game is out -- although to be fair, this is a really good price for people who want the first game only and have no interest in the extra characters....

[quote name='keine']What a lurid price tag. I guess Amazon is eager to clear out stock.[/QUOTE]

Nah, they're just matching the Gamestop sale prices.

You may want to edit the title to show that this is 3 Vanilla. There actually is an original Marvel v. Capcom that could have been $10...
Unlikely, but one can dream.

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']this game isnt even worth $10[/QUOTE]

I disagree, I just bought it from gamestop and so far its awesome.

[quote name='apterous']it's already back to $20[/QUOTE]

It's still $10, but shipping is listed at 2-5 weeks.

Ulimate was released the same year as this one cause capcom was going to lose either the contract or parntership with marvel. It was a business decision, but a messed up one. Umvc3 is worth 40 if you li ke the series. I would bet a billion dollars that a 3rd release doesnt happen.

ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3x.jpg

I'm absolutely terrible at fighting games, but I love Marvel. $10 isn't too bad. My estimate delivery date is Friday April 20, 2012 - Monday May 7, 2012. I'll probably forget I ordered it and randomly received it in the mail.

[quote name='Gosha']Should just wait for UmVc3 to get to 20. This game really has no redeeming features if you get UmVc3 eventually.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even wait for UMVC3 to hit 20. I'd wait till they make UMVC3X or a complete edition with the DLC.

[quote name='chopper']How many people suspect that the third iteration of this is going to get announced at E3? I have zero faith in Capcom to stop after two iterations.[/QUOTE]

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3X is in GS computers, now, I believe. Supposed to be like Arcade Edition.

Edit: Beat to it.

Which characters are not in this version, but in the other one?

I'm not a major fighting game player, mostly interested in this to play around with Amaterasu. :)

Even at $10, I can't buy a MvC game without Mega Man. Guess I'll be sticking with my PSN MvC 2. Thanks for the post though, I was tempted.

[quote name='JSD']Which characters are not in this version, but in the other one?

I'm not a major fighting game player, mostly interested in this to play around with Amaterasu. :)[/QUOTE]

Jill and Shuma.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']While "that" may be fake, I'm sure they have something up their sleeves. fans want Mega Man, Gambit, and Gene, so I'm sure we'll see something in the next year.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The poster may be fake but at the same time Capcom is not required to confirm/deny rumors. They can say whatever they want and change their mind. Nor do they have any incentive to announce a new MVC3 title... Right now alot of retailers are offering sales for UMVC3 and it just came out on Vita, if they announce that UMVC3X is coming out no one will buy anything. On top of that they will piss off everyone.

[quote name='Naramie']I agree. The poster may be fake but at the same time Capcom is not required to confirm/deny rumors. ... On top of that they will piss off everyone.[/QUOTE]Right, the last thing they need to be doing is lying and dealing with even more PR backlash than they already are from SFxT and UMvC3.

Even if the rumor is true, it mentions "Expand" which would suggest the new content is going to be DLC. If there is another disc made, it'll probably be the same as SSF4AE where it's just the previous version bundled with the DLC.

[quote name='spedmunki']Did the price go up? I see it listed as 19.99[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing it as 19.99 (PS3) and 19.96 (360), sold by Amazon.

Deal over, yo.

No sane person would buy this game even at $10 when the ultimate version is available with 12 more characters and 8 new stages. This game will be at $5 eventually, and sooner rather than later for those who just want to have a casual fighting game. Just be warned that if you happen to like the characters and stage designs, you'll be wanting the ultimate version as well, so save your $5.

no sane person? I mentioned that it trades in to best buy for over a dollar more than the cost during their promos that happen often. which makes it a free rental if you hurry before trade in price drop.

question, do the Trophy awards in regular differ than in ultimate? if they do, may pick this up at $5.

[quote name='Diad']question, do the Trophy awards in regular differ than in ultimate? if they do, may pick this up at $5.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read they are different.

[quote name='KidInTheHall']From the topic title I came in hoping it was the Dreamcast version.[/QUOTE]

Haha, me too. I was hoping someone found some OOS and didn't realize how much it was worth...

bread's done
Back