Marvel's Avengers PS4/Xbone $9.97 Costco YMMV

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
While shopping I saw this on clearance. I did see the Xbox version listed  as $19.97 on some of the cardboard placeholders and found one for $9.97 but I'm pretty sure they are all $9.97. I got a PS4 copy for myself and an Xbone for someone else. Gamestop TIV is $17 so go crazy.

PS4       1473396

Xbone   1473416

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up the last xbox copy at the Wayne, NJ Costco. The employee at the electronics section said they sold out of the ps4 version earlier in the day.

Did you ask in the area by the cage? or by the office?
I asked an employee by the electronics section who then walked me to the office. Another worker pulled a small box from the office that had their remaining inventory of games: multiple copies of ps4 avengers, 1 copy of xb1 avengers and 1 copy of ps4 cod cold war. This was in Bridgewater, NJ on Monday.

The Costco near me (Shelby Township, MI) has reduced these down to $5.  They only had a few Xbox One versions left.  Mine rang up at $9.97 but a supervisor was able to override to the marked down $5 price.

I'm really surprised that they are still going through with releasing DLC for this.  At what point do they just consider this a complete loss and move on?

I'm really surprised that they are still going through with releasing DLC for this. At what point do they just consider this a complete loss and move on?
I enjoy the game for $10. The mindless grinding is nice. It would've been nice for this release closer to End Game, but with WandaVision out, I'm kind of back into the MCU. The DLC so far is lame in my opinion, but the Solo Campaign is definitely worth $10. Once you set aside hollywood actors from this game, it's pretty fun and Iron Man's humor is on par.

I enjoy the game for $10. The mindless grinding is nice. It would've been nice for this release closer to End Game, but with WandaVision out, I'm kind of back into the MCU. The DLC so far is lame in my opinion, but the Solo Campaign is definitely worth $10. Once you set aside hollywood actors from this game, it's pretty fun and Iron Man's humor is on par.
Agreed. The solo campaign (which I haven't finished) is solid thus far. Kamala Kahn is a likeable character, and the writing (IMHO) is very good - on par with what I'd expect from a Marvel film. Even as one who would not buy "Internet required" games, I did with this one based on positive feedback I got about the solo campaign, and I agree with those.

Too bad the game isn't all on-disc. You have to download a mega patch to clear out a host of bugs. Had SquaEnix just let Crystal Dynamics finish the game so that it didn't suffer from all the bugs at the beginning, Avengers may not have been doomed.

I'm not sure they can turn the ship around at this point. May be a "soft" reboot on PS5 can get a new audience onboard.

It's too bad, though. Avengers is a good solo-player game ... now, at least, but the title has been messed up through a rushed release (which makes even less sense given it was never going to come out in time to align with the movie), accompanied by the deserving poor reviews (then) and thereafter, mishandled PR.

bread's done
Back