Mass Effect 2 - $19.99 @ Best Buy

Idx86

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted anywhere on the front few pages, but Mass Effect 2 has also dropped at Best Buy to $19.99. Available both in-store at online.

FYI - The BB I was at still had price stickers showing $29.99, but it rings up at $19.99.

[quote name='Idx86']Yep, the trick though with buying used is whether or not you get the Cerebus Network code.[/QUOTE]

Mine came with the Cerebrus code from warehousedeals, and it was unused, so not a hard trick there.

I never played the first game but did play the PC demo of ME2 & loved it.

I want to pick this up, but then again I might wait until it comes out for PS3 w/ some of the story added in from the first one since I plan on getting a PS3 by January.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I never played the first game but did play the PC demo of ME2 & loved it.

I want to pick this up, but then again I might wait until it comes out for PS3 w/ some of the story added in from the first one since I plan on getting a PS3 by January.[/QUOTE]

Are they adding stuff from the first game to the PS3 version? I haven't heard anything like that

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are they adding stuff from the first game to the PS3 version? I haven't heard anything like that[/QUOTE]

According to Joystiq it seems they are. The wording EA used sounds a little fishy though. Do they mean it's going to be on the disc or that all the DLC on the 360 will be on PSN from day 1?

When the PS3 comes out, you will be dabating whether to play the $19.99 360 version, or the $59.99 PS3 version with little added features. Of course, you can always wait another 9 months after the PS3 version comes out for a price drop. But by that time, Mass Effect 3 will probably be out already.

I don't understand why EA need to drop the MSRP so deeply so soon when they still have a PS3 version coming. A lot of games are still near full price 2 years after released - especially big IP like this.

$17.96 @ Amazon. Of course, that doesn't include shipping, though, but it would still be cheaper because Amazon doesn't add tax.

[quote name='afredmiller']$17.96 @ Amazon. Of course, that doesn't include shipping, though, but it would still be cheaper because Amazon doesn't add tax.[/QUOTE]

Yup and I still have some coupons laying around :cool:

[quote name='rpg']im waiting for the ps3[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish the PS3 version would launch at $20. Or more realistically $40. But EA.com lists it as $60. Brutal.

[quote name='miriamleo']
I don't understand why EA need to drop the MSRP so deeply so soon when they still have a PS3 version coming. A lot of games are still near full price 2 years after released - especially big IP like this.[/QUOTE]

probably to milk the dlc purchases as much as possible before releasing goty editions

bread's done
Back