Mass Effect 2: Buying USED vs. NEW

bunck

CAGiversary!
I just bought a used copy of Mass Effect 2 for $10.80 and I am definitely a CAG and rarely ever spend more than $12 on a game (usually my limit is 3 $20 games at Gamestop with b2g1 and 10% off) but I will sometimes get the DLC if it's on sale and the content seems worthwhile but I forgot that you can't get the DLC with a used copy unless you spend the $15 to get the Cerberus code and I would obviously just exchange ME2 back in the next 7 days for something else and buy the new copy instead of paying the $15.

I'm wondering if you think it would be worth it for someone as cheap as me to spend the extra $8 just so I could get access to the DLC which I hear is pretty good although fairly short? Or is it longer than I think? Thank you for your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
off the top of my head none of the cerberus stuff is really rememerable. You get 1 free mission pack that is basicly just a demo of the overlord and deffeneitly isn't worth $8, but you do get some wepons. So if you want a few little goodies then yes the $8 is warrented but if you can live without a few weapons and a 20-30 min mission pack then there's no need.

the mission pack is basicly, again, a demo of the overlord. you use a hovercraft and either shoot stuff or collect stuff. Though the few missions are fun it deffenitly isn't worth $8 alone.

however im pretty sure walmart or target has the game new for ~$11 but i'm not sure if it's still that price, deffeneitly check that out though.

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Cerberus_Network

This states you don't need the Cerberus Network to get the paid DLC. You do get to do the Zaeed mission, and you won't be able to get him in your group if you don't have the Cerberus Network.

I would say the other DLC is definitely worth it, and I'd wager you'd get a few extra hours of Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker. I haven't tried the new DLC, The Arrival, but I read that it was pretty generic, and not Bioware's best effort. The Kasumi mission is fairly short, you get to recruit and use her throughout the game afterward.

Thanks for the replies guys, I was under the impression that I did have to get the Cerberus pack to get any of the dlc packs. Your answers were very helpful.

bread's done
Back