Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition 59.99 at Target.com

[quote name='Fugee']Unfortunately, GameStop has me with the Terminus Assault Armor and M-490 Blackstorm gun pre-order bonus. I truly hate how they are doing the specific in-game pre-order bonuses. Though ME2 is the only game so far that it has mattered to me.[/QUOTE]

You could just pay $5 on the Best Buy pre-order bonus, and leave it at that. I think the pre-order boxes at Best Buy have the codes for the armor in them already. So technically, you can just get the pre-order bonus for $5, and pick up the game at Gamestop, and get their pre-order bonus as well!

[quote name='ShadowX']You could just pay $5 on the Best Buy pre-order bonus, and leave it at that. I think the pre-order boxes at Best Buy have the codes for the armor in them already. So technically, you can just get the pre-order bonus for $5, and pick up the game at Gamestop, and get their pre-order bonus as well![/QUOTE]

Even if that's true, is a virtual piece of armor really worth $5? I mean, that's worse than Horse Armor :p (well, almost..)

Um, so has no one really thought to check the ASIN on this?

On Target.com:

Mass Effect 2 (Collector's Edition) - ASIN: B001TORSII

On Amazon.com:

Mass Effect 2 (Collector's Edition) - ASIN: B002VL2HA2
Mass Effect 2 (Standard Edition) - ASIN: B001TORSII

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but it's going to be the standard edition, since Amazon does Target's web order fulfillment.

[quote name='arcane93']Um, so has no one really thought to check the ASIN on this?

On Target.com:

On Amazon.com:

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but it's going to be the standard edition, since Amazon does Target's web order fulfillment.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, this is why I havent pulled the trigger on this "deal", I knew it was going to be a bunch of bullshit

[quote name='shrike4242']All the more reason not to get it from Target, if the ASIN #'s match up for the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be that Target pulls data from Amazon's website through some kind of automated feed, and the way that Amazon handles collector's vs. standard editions messes them up and causes them to pull the wrong information. Ultimately, though, it's the ASIN that matters, since that's what Target would be sending through to Amazon to get the order filled.

[quote name='arcane93']Um, so has no one really thought to check the ASIN on this?

On Target.com:

On Amazon.com:

I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but it's going to be the standard edition, since Amazon does Target's web order fulfillment.[/QUOTE]

Well there ya go. I had a feeling that would be the case, which is why I didn't want to jump on this. I'll probably just pre-order mine through Best Buy - regular price but I'll get a crazy amount of reward zone points for it.

[quote name='Warlock82']I agree, though personally I think the Best Buy/Amazon/etc bonus armor looks way better than GameStop's (Ironman!), so I'm going with them (also I really prefer to avoid GS as much as I possibly can).[/QUOTE]

Yeah... the Ironman armor does look pretty kewl. It's the gun I'm after more than the armor. I was sold after watching the trailer on Xbox Live.

[quote name='thehoweller']I still can't imagine with such poor labeling, that they aren't obligated to send the correct item.[/QUOTE]

From the Target.com terms and conditions (bolding mine):

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Web site may be mispriced. As part of our shipping procedures, we verify price before an item is shipped out.
  • If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
  • If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price we will cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation via email.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE TARGET CORPORATION BUSINESSES DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, USEFUL, TIMELY OR CURRENT OR THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.

WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE TARGET CORPORATION BUSINESSES DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY AS TO THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF EACH ITEM DESCRIPTION. ALL PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS ORIGINATE FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF THE ITEM.
So nope, they're not obligated to do anything, other than take a return of the incorrect item.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcane93']My guess would be that Target pulls data from Amazon's website through some kind of automated feed, and the way that Amazon handles collector's vs. standard editions messes them up and causes them to pull the wrong information. Ultimately, though, it's the ASIN that matters, since that's what Target would be sending through to Amazon to get the order filled.[/QUOTE]I'm sure that's what happened with the F3 GOTY situation from before and why at least one CAG ended up with the regular version. I know I'm going to be checking ASIN #'s from this point going forward with any Target.com deal that seems too good to be true.

[quote name='thehoweller']I still can't imagine with such poor labeling, that they aren't obligated to send the correct item.[/QUOTE]They might, though it would be a good point to argue. It would certainly be a reason to get them to eat a shipping label to send it back to them, though they'll likely just tell you to take it back to a Target B&M store, if there's one handy.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Tempting because that is a great price. But, I'm sticking with AMazon. A) always super easy w/ Amazon and B) release day delivery. Plus, if you up shipping to 1 day, it bumps it up to $78 (w/o code).[/QUOTE]

I'm sticking with Amazon as well. My $75 after tax includes release date delivery on said special edition. I can trust Amazon. I wish they matched this price though. Thanks for the update OP.

Hrm. Would have nabbed it, as I have a Target gift card I didn't know what to use on, but looks like the wise thing to do in this case is wait and hope Amazon gets a decent pre-order sale at some point.

[quote name='Warlock82']Even if that's true, is a virtual piece of armor really worth $5? I mean, that's worse than Horse Armor :p (well, almost..)[/QUOTE]

Touche. :applause:

On Target.com:

On Amazon.com:

With this said. I have canceled my order and I will just pre-order it at Best Buy--save me some time and hassle with Target. Does anyone know if Gamestop will have the CE. This might be a stupid question, but I do not see it up on their website. I only see the regular edition.

[quote name='ShadowX']Touche. :applause:

With this said. I have canceled my order and I will just pre-order it at Best Buy--save me some time and hassle with Target. Does anyone know if Gamestop will have the CE. This might be a stupid question, but I do not see it up on their website. I only see the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's sold out online but head to your nearest store and preorder it.

Yeah time to cut my losses at target and head to gamestop today. Hopefully they still have CE preorders. That Ironman suit looks rather cool but BLACK HOLE GUN!

[quote name='abhinav']That Ironman suit looks rather cool but BLACK HOLE GUN![/QUOTE]

Wasn't there an ability in the first game that did basically the same thing though? That's kind of what I'm figuring this is - that, in gun form. I also kind of doubt that will be the only gun that has that ability (though perhaps said in-game gun would appear towards the end of the game rather than as soon as you make your character).

In any case, it sounds neat, but I am still pissed off at GameStop for running out of Scribblenauts hats and I'd rather avoid giving them my business as much as possible :p

Edit: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Singularity
This gravitational power sucks multiple enemies within a radius to a single area, leaving them floating helplessly and vulnerable to attack. It can also attract objects from the environment, such as crates or pieces of furniture; enemies will take damage if they collide with other solid objects in the Singularity field.

Singularity will retain its availability to Adepts in Mass Effect 2. In addition to pulling enemies into the singularity that are already within range when created, any enemies who enter the event horizon after the singularity has been created will also become trapped.

The Blackstorm encases a few particles of matter within a high-powered mass-increasing field, elevating them to near-infinite mass and creating a powerful localized gravity well that draws nearby enemies and objects into itself. The rapidly-increasing gravity near the event horizon of the singularity rips the objects apart.

So yeah, it shoots Singularities :p

ah well, looks like I'm getting it at BB w/ the Power Armor. Got store credit there anyway and this is the only game coming out besides Dante's Inferno that I plan on getting for Jan.

Hate to up an old thread but here's an update.

Just got a copy of the REGULAR EDITION in the mail today.:roll: I guess I could bitch and moan to try to get it exchanged for a CE but fuckit, I need to play this game NOW.

I just looked on Target.com. The price has been adjusted to $69.99, but it's out of stock, and it says it will ship in 2 to 4 weeks. Thanks, but no thanks.

bread's done
Back