Mass Effect 2 DLC On Disc?

Spoilerific if you're trying to avoid finding out who the recruitable characters are.

And I'm not surprised about the DLC possibly being on the disc, EA is making a big push to combat used game sales. They did it with Dragon Age and they're doing it with Mass Effect. Still gonna buy the game Monday night though :cool:

I personally buy my games new so this doesn't really bother me. If they'll give it to me for buying it new then so be it. It's their prerogative to try to make money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a great idea. They make their money on new sales and get nothing from used copies being sold. I know it made some of my friends buy Madden 2010 new when they found out they would have to pay an extra 10 bucks to be able to play franchise mode online if they bought it used, like they normally do.

If people want to buy used, that is fine, but it is also fine for publishers to try to reward those that buy new and actually contribute to their profits.

SoulCailbur IV, Darth Vader and Yoda say hello. Unfortunately nothing new about this practice. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

[quote name='Ziv']SoulCailbur IV, Darth Vader and Yoda say hello. Unfortunately nothing new about this practice. It shouldn't happen, but it does.[/QUOTE]

It is a bit different than the SC IV situation but more importantly, why should they not be able to do this?

I don't mind companies having DLC on the disk as long as it's free, or it's free to people who buy the game new.

Including free DLC with new copies is actually a pretty good way to combat second hand sales.

bread's done
Back