Mass Effect 2 Game of the year Edition?

Maybe in 2011? It just came out a month ago.....

Edit: All of the DLC to this point had been free anyway

As the other guy said, the game just came out (I think it was the end of January) and all DLC has been free so far, the first paid DLC comes out in a couple of weeks I believe.

If you want it, I suggest getting it now, you can get it for $30 from a few places this weekend.

The first "paid" dlc is a costume pack (Thane, Garrus, Jack) coming March 23 for $2. Odds are, it'll be the first of four costume packs. There's also a new character/character loyalty mission due out in early April that will cost at least $5, $10 if we're unlucky. As for DLC released after that, no one knows.

Hey Homerun, how did you add your steam thingy in your signature bar? It looks cool and I'd like to do that.

Remember that the "free" DLC so far is all Cerberus Network, which you need a new copy of the game to have, otherwise you have to pay (what I think is but not entirely sure) $15 for access. Like the others, I'd just suggest getting it now, as I think there'll be less paid DLC than Dragon Age and the wait probably won't be as worth it.

I think you are all right. I ordered the game from gamestation (UK based) for 14.98 pounds (new) equivalent to less then 25$. Great price for a great game! Cheers all.

Greatest Hit copy included "Bring Down the Sky" though.

What happened to the ME2 PC thread? Anyone know if there's any way to buy the DLC with money instead of Bioware points?

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Greatest Hit copy included "Bring Down the Sky" though.

What happened to the ME2 PC thread? Anyone know if there's any way to buy the DLC with money instead of Bioware points?[/QUOTE]

Bringing Down the Sky is free for all ME owners, just need to go to Biowares site to DL it.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Greatest Hit copy included "Bring Down the Sky" though.

What happened to the ME2 PC thread? Anyone know if there's any way to buy the DLC with money instead of Bioware points?[/QUOTE]

Specific game threads often die in the PC subforum. As for the DLC, as for now, the only way to buy the DLC for the PC is to use the Bioware points or buy the particular version of the game that might come with the DLC.

Unfortunately, for ME2, no such version exists, unlike the Collector's Edition with Dragon Age: Origins which came with the DLC Stone Prisioner, Blood Dragon Armor, and Warden's Keep. For now, I think you are stuck with Cerberus Network or else buy some points =/

[quote name='kilm']Specific game threads often die in the PC subforum. As for the DLC, as for now, the only way to buy the DLC for the PC is to use the Bioware points or buy the particular version of the game that might come with the DLC.

Unfortunately, for ME2, no such version exists, unlike the Collector's Edition with Dragon Age: Origins which came with the DLC Stone Prisioner, Blood Dragon Armor, and Warden's Keep. For now, I think you are stuck with Cerberus Network or else buy some points =/[/QUOTE]

It doesnt matter anyway, all the DLC for the game isnt worth a shit, even the stuff people paid for.

Friend of mine got the paid one and hated it because he said it was boring, way to short and it just didnt seem to fit into the game. Said it felt like it was shoehorned into the game just to take up space.

Doesnt surprise me though, the free DLC I played on ME2 was uninteresting and boring. And I had the pc version of ME1 so I got that paid DLC on xbl free and it took me about 40 minutes to complete and was just very sterile and generic.

[quote name='gargus']It doesnt matter anyway, all the DLC for the game isnt worth a shit, even the stuff people paid for.

Friend of mine got the paid one and hated it because he said it was boring, way to short and it just didnt seem to fit into the game. Said it felt like it was shoehorned into the game just to take up space.

Doesnt surprise me though, the free DLC I played on ME2 was uninteresting and boring. And I had the pc version of ME1 so I got that paid DLC on xbl free and it took me about 40 minutes to complete and was just very sterile and generic.[/QUOTE]

That's a really cool story and does nothing to answer the question

Anyone know if there's any way to buy the DLC with money instead of Bioware points?

They just announced another DLC coming in September so I'd say either end of year Holiday we might see a GoTY or early next year.

I'm hoping sooner then later since I won't buy it unless I get all the DLC included.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Sorry to thread jack but I figured it was relevant enough, does the PC version have the one time use card or is that console only?[/QUOTE]
Im guessing you mean the key for cerberus.
When I pre-orderd it at steam I got: Cerberus Key, Game Key & Pre-order key.
All new copies gets the cerberus key but if you are buying it used and dont care about the "free" stuff from cerberus I can tell you that you dont really miss anything.

You get a character + his mission and another one which you just run around collecting 20 something items... and thats it.

[quote name='freddy_']You get a character + his mission and another one which you just run around collecting 20 something items... and thats it.[/QUOTE]

You forgot about the Hammerhead pack (Play as a Hovertank that has platforming sections...wooo) and the assorted weapons/armor you get. It's not like they really help the Cerberus Network's value...it's still $15, and the only redeeming quality was the character + his loyalty mission.

If you haven't played the game yet, you might as well just wait for a GotY edition to come out. Including the upcoming Liara DLC, the cost for just the mission addons will be ~$24. That's just a few bucks shy of what the game itself will cost you.

[quote name='Salamando3000']You forgot about the Hammerhead pack (Play as a Hovertank that has platforming sections...wooo) and the assorted weapons/armor you get. It's not like they really help the Cerberus Network's value...it's still $15, and the only redeeming quality was the character + his loyalty mission.

If you haven't played the game yet, you might as well just wait for a GotY edition to come out. Including the upcoming Liara DLC, the cost for just the mission addons will be ~$24. That's just a few bucks shy of what the game itself will cost you.[/QUOTE]

Good call, I had started working my way down the waiting list for ME2 on Goozex but I'll probably pull myself off of it.

Maybe the wrong forum but if I buy a disc version of ME 2 and activate it with steam can i buy the DLC and play it after the eventual steam sale?

bread's done
Back