Mass Effect 2 on PS3...Worth it if I have it on 360?

praxus07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
-1 (0%)
I've got a $25 GS giftcard burning a hole in my pocket, and I've been thinking about spending it on ME2 for the PS3. I've already played and beat it on the 360, but I've read some reviews for the PS3 version and it seems that they're saying it's a much better experience on the PS3.

So has anyone here played both versions? Is the PS3 version a worthy buy when I've already got it (and all the DLC) for the 360?

If it's not worth the $20 when I already have a 360 copy, what other $20-$25 games are worth looking at for the PS3?

Considering you already have the DLC I don't think there's any point in getting the game on PS3, any difference would be incredibly minimal for your experience.

Demon's Souls, Dead Space, Final Fantasy XIII, Valkyria Chronicles, and Dragon Age are all solid picks for around that price point.

I have it on 360 and PS3 and played them both. The only advantage the PS3 version has is that it was built with a new version of the engine. Other tweaks are changes in lighting in some places and tweaked normal maps.

The other big problem is that the PS3 version has buggy story problems if you use the interactive comic. Nothing is weirder than saving the council then being told by the council (and several others) that you let them die over and over again through the story.

Spend the gift card on something else.

I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts as well as I can pick-up the digital version for half-off thanks to other gifting stuffs.

I've actually played maybe 10ish hours in on both 360 and PS3, and while I enjoyed Mass Effect save the horrid technical issues on 360, I'm willing to gloss over a bit of that for 2 even with its less-than-stellar performance as a true RPG.

Just from a content standpoint of physical versus digital is the PSN version worth the asking price basically?

I bought it for $60...it was a fun enough game. All I have to do is to beat it in Insane, but it's really frustrating. I had fun with it though. I don't like that once you start a 'quest' you basically have to finish it to go back to town. I suppose that's the nature of Bioware games though.

[quote name='IRHari']I bought it for $60...it was a fun enough game. All I have to do is to beat it in Insane, but it's really frustrating. I had fun with it though. I don't like that once you start a 'quest' you basically have to finish it to go back to town. I suppose that's the nature of Bioware games though.[/QUOTE]

Use soldier, its the easy class to beat insane on.

(ME2 is my only plat)

me2 is easily one of best looking and most fun RPG I've ever played. However I can't recommend the game if you have the 360 versions the upgrades aren't worth it if you already own the game.

bread's done
Back