Mass effect 2 pc $49.99 steam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mr Dude65']Can you download it early? It's kind of a deal then, but if not, then I agree with the other posters.[/QUOTE]

I think Dragon Age offered preloading (correct me if I'm wrong), so it's possible Steam will have it for ME2 as well.

Thank you Amazon prime trial. $3 off retail, $10 VG credit, free release date delivery, trumps Steam quite handily. Now if you don't have prime, you might find this better than waiting for FSSS to play Day 1 but still, this is just paying full price (besides no sales tax outside of WA).

This is why I don't understand the biggest supporters of digital distribution. Except for weekly sales, prices are pretty much always higher than getting a physical copy of the game.

[quote name='Reikon']This is why I don't understand the biggest supporters of digital distribution. Except for weekly sales, prices are pretty much always higher than getting a physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

The same could be said for retail. Aside from weekly sales, the prices are usually MSRP, sometimes worse as you have sales taxes as high as 10% in some areas. It is a matter of convenience and if you dont understand that aspect, then you may not fall into the demographic for digital distribution.

Online physical distribution, like Amazon, is a different story, but once again convenience enters into the equation. Unless you have Prime, normal shipping is 4-7 days. In most cases Amazon is about 5% cheaper than the MSRP, so it comes down to whether you want to drive to the store and pay full price + tax, buy it via DD for full price and be able to download instantly or buy it via Amazon and pay less but wait a few days before you can play it. As I said, each choice generally works for different people, so if you dont understand it, then you may not be one of the people it is designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back