Mass Effect 2 (PS3) $29.17 on the EA store

[quote name='Marauder7']Good price but still have this game unopened when I bought it on release day for the 360. Would buy but s&h and a huge backlog that won't be done until end of the year. Just finished Bulletstorm, Homefront, and Killzone 3 and moving on to MvsC3.[/QUOTE]
Holy Shit! Dude, I think you're on my friend's list. I had no idea that you were a CAG.

[quote name='GoatPervertor']Holy Shit! Dude, I think you're on my friend's list. I had no idea that you were a CAG.[/QUOTE]

Hey small world :)

It's cute how people defend shitty money-grubbing tactics with "hey companies need to make money too!"

It's kinda like a gas station in the middle of the desert charging $20 to use the restroom. If you really don't want to take a shit behind a cactus you'll pay up, but you sure as hell aren't going to buy anything else from them in the future.

Likewise, selling a recycled map pack for $15 that the companies know you'll buy so you can keep playing with your stupid friends, is shitty. How can a recycled map pack ever be worth 1/2 of what I paid for the original game? Its price will also never go down, and I can't even resell it when I'm done with it. Most gamers have contempt for companies like Activision and EA for these kinds of things.

I think all people are asking for is fair pricing. If a sp DLC is going to be $10 it needs to last longer than 30 minutes, two new maps should never be more than $5, etc. The companies could even make more money in the long run because more people would be inclined to buy it.

[quote name='Masterkyo']it'll dropping down $20 or less very soon ;)[/QUOTE]

I doubt, not until a year.
There probably will be a sale near December before ME3 gets released (should be Dec of '11)

[quote name='d3ting']I doubt, not until a year.
There probably will be a sale near December before ME3 gets released (should be Dec of '11)[/QUOTE]

Looking at how poorly ME2 sold on the PS3, I'm pretty sure it will drop well before a year. It's no different than Bioshock which was released late with very little value-add. We all know how fast Bioshock dropped. ME2 is an awesome AWESOME game, but there really is no excuse for EA to charge what they charged.

Like people have already said, the game brand new on 360 + the DLC is still cheaper than what ME2's MSRP on PS3 is. Now add on to that the fact that PS3 only owners had to wait an entire year to get what, a dumb comic that is a poor substitute for ME1's rich plot? EA is trash.

[quote name='jling84']Now add on to that the fact that PS3 only owners had to wait an entire year to get what, a dumb comic that is a poor substitute for ME1's rich plot? EA is trash.[/QUOTE]

The first Mass Effect can't ever be on the PS3 because of exclusivity. It was either the comic or nothing.

[quote name='miguel2003']mmm... almost $40 after taxes and $6.99 shipping, submitted to amazon for price match....[/QUOTE]

How do you submit to amazon to price match? I looked at their FAQ and it clearly states they don't price-match. is there a special section somewhere or do you need to send an individual email?

[quote name='kube00']Time to use my $15 off coupon[/QUOTE]

did yours work? its not applying for me :( (but is on the other games in cart)

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How do you submit to amazon to price match? I looked at their FAQ and it clearly states they don't price-match. is there a special section somewhere or do you need to send an individual email?[/QUOTE]

I usually just submit them an email through customer service. If Amazon determines it would be in their favor to drop their price they will, but not always.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How do you submit to amazon to price match? I looked at their FAQ and it clearly states they don't price-match. is there a special section somewhere or do you need to send an individual email?[/QUOTE]

There is an option towards the bottom of the page when you click on an item that basically says "know of a lower price?". If you click on that, you can input some information, including the URL of the better deal, the price, the shipping, etc

A good price for one hell of an awesome game. The DLC it comes with is short but I am glad I bet it since I have a feeling it could have a big impact on mass effect 3.

Also I been waiting for the final DLC to come out to finally finish this fucker on PS3. Can't wait :D

There is a link under the "Product Details" section that asks:

Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?

[quote name='Arakias']did yours work? its not applying for me :( (but is on the other games in cart)[/QUOTE]

As a side note, mine didn't work either. It was dropping the $15 off other items in the cart, but not ME2.

caved and ordered it, didn't want to miss on the deal even though they charge shipping and tax. After my credit reward program i am picking it for $36 shipped and i feel that is good deal for PS3. Maybe i will be wrong but i loved Mass Effect and i know i'll enjoy this one just as much.

bread's done
Back