Mass Effect 2 PS3 $39.99 at Gohastings (DEAD)

lutz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
115 (100%)
I don't know if this is a price drop, but it looks like Mass Effect 2 PS3 is finally becoming more reasonable. With all the DLC and Mass Effect 1 comic series, it's very tempting at that price :applause:

The seller on Amazon is "gohastings", and unless you have Amazon credit, then you may as well just buy it on gohastings.com since shipping is $2.28 instead of $3.99 (Amazon)

~$25 after the 40% discount (if it works)…. so tempting…. no, must clear out some of the backlog! Sigh… I will probably end up picking this up after ME3 comes out…

40% discount is for used games only…. right?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karyadi']Why's the PS3 version way more expensive?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, both versions cost around the same when you factor in the DLC.

Got it on release day for $12 through a gameshare. Amazing game, in my top 5 for this gen

I do intend to buy the disc version when it drops to $25 or less though

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']~$25 after the 40% discount…. so tempting…. no, must clear out some of the backlog! Sigh… I will probably end up picking this up after ME3 comes out...[/QUOTE]

Are you guys sure the 40% code will work for this? I thought it was only supposed to be for used games.

[quote name='cobra-05']Are you guys sure the 40% code will work for this? I thought it was only supposed to be for used games.[/QUOTE]

Woops, sorry I didn't actually try the code - I was just doing the math and trying to convince myself not to buy anything

EDIT: doesn't the code activate on the 15th? again, I'm not sure

EDIT #2: The code should be for used games only. Sorry, I obviously wasn't thinking very much. Unless there's a different 40% discount going around?

I want to get this but I still haven't even finished the first on the 360 and I bought ME2 a while ago for $25 (and of course haven't played it at all). Definitely want to get the PS3 version for the graphic improvement but I believe with how slowly I'm playing this series, I can wait until it's $20. :p

The ps3 version is way buggier than the other versions. Like other bioware games it is a bad port. I really hope they optimize me3 cause my pc is almost dead :(

[quote name='Orangekun842']The ps3 version is way buggier than the other versions. Like other bioware games it is a bad port. I really hope they optimize me3 cause my pc is almost dead :([/QUOTE]

There was only one major bug in the game which they patched. The game runs perfectly fine. It is NOT a "bad port"

This would be a sweet deal if that GH code applied. Considering you can get a used copy for the 360 for around $10, I'd say there's still a considerable difference between versions. I gave up early on the original game but ME2 satisfied due to improvements in terms of interface mainly... There's plenty to do w/o any DLC as well. Just try not to advance the main plot unless you have to (can't stress this enough) and you'll have plenty of time to explore and level your Shepard.

[quote name='Wolfnix90']one of the buggiest port i've played on the ps3.

stick to 360 or pc if you have the choice.[/QUOTE]

What bugs did you run into and was this before the patch or after? I played through the entire game before the patch and it was fine, didn't encounter any problems

I heard that the PS3 version is the best version of the game. It's running the more advance ME3 engine. Didn't see anything about bugs in all the reviews out there. I'm sure the patch covered anything important.

Only thing that sucks is since you can only input a select few key choices via the genesis comic you miss out on some side missions which are only available if you did certain missions in ME1 (which is impossible for the PS3 version since there was no ME1). I wouldn't care that much but one of those is an assignment to lower the prices at one of vendors on Illium.

Jb hifi has this for $29 but shipping from Australia's over $8. It does speak to a price drop, though.

Even on 360 (which is the system I have it on) there are bugs. Only one I personally ran into was the "floating elevator" where my character would duck behind cover and magically float and get stuck. Annoying, but not game breaking. Either version you're getting a great game!

Most of the bugs were fixed and it's only minor things now if that. Sure you can't choose every mission's outcome in the comic, but I don't think those side choices impact the story more than a little conversation of thank you and such.

The only real shame here is it doesn't include The Arrival DLC which costs $8.

bread's done
Back