Mass Effect 2 - Xbox 360 - $19.99 @ Amazon

Using your AI partners on PC made the game miles better than the console, and personally put it up there with Mass Effect 2.

[quote name='typical guy']i got me1 at launch and beat it. then i bought dlc for it but never played it. thats why i am waiting for me2 ph or goty. besides, its nice not to install it since my hdd is low on space and im not buying new hardware for a system that is nearing the end of its lifecycle.[/QUOTE]

It's got at least 2-3 years left.

[quote name='pholly']It's got at least 2-3 years left.[/QUOTE]

exactly why i am not upgrading my hdd. the last 2-3 years out of 7-8 is what i would call NEARING the end.

regardless, it makes sense to alwayse wait for the ph or goty versions since those save you money. i an still waiting on fallout 3 goty to go down to 20 dollars.

[quote name='kennistond']Also, I work at Target and ME2 got a price cut to $19.99 today also. So if you'd rather go to a store, it should be that price everywhere since it's not a clearance or sale price.

You might want to add the the OP and/or title.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That might be a better option than adding a $5 filler to Amazon to get FSSS. I hate not having Prime.

Uh, in case this hadn't been said enough already, this game was already a steal at $60 so $20 is downright ridiculous. A single playthrough takes about 30 hours but you won't just play it once.

ME2 is pretty awesome, nice to know it's also available at Target for the same price. Thanks for the heads up.

I love this game, though I'm hesitant to say I enjoyed it more than the original Mass Effect. It's about even, honestly, as there are things in ME2 that I enjoyed more than in ME (combat, no Mako, inventory system, etc.) but there are also things in ME I liked more (no refueling, leveling up, more ways to make money, variety of armor/weaponry, more of a "RPG" feel). Regardless, Mass Effect has become my favorite series. :) I got ME2 at K-Mart way back in June when they had it for this price.

[quote name='kennistond']Also, I work at Target and ME2 got a price cut to $19.99 today also. So if you'd rather go to a store, it should be that price everywhere since it's not a clearance or sale price.

You might want to add the the OP and/or title.[/QUOTE]

Was just about to post this, just got back from Target and noticed it was the same price

[quote name='ChernobylCow']ME2 DLC goes on sale next week. Check out the XBLA deals thread.[/QUOTE]
I'll just post the info here:

http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/10/05/coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-oct-5.aspx

Overlord and Kasumi - Stolen Memory will be discounted to 400 from 560 during the Deal of the Week October 11th. It's not that great of a deal, but a lot of people who are picking up the game now will probably have been grabbing them anyway. Also you won't have that weird 80 points left over, if you're OCD. Grab those two and Shadow Broker, then you'll only need to drop another 800 points to qualify for the "Spend 2400 Get 800" promotion.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Contemplating selling my CE for 40-60 on eBay and rebuying this, then getting DR2 with the profit ;)[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't sell that me2 ce just yet. The me1 ce was selling for $150 used and well over $200 new when me2 was coming out. Glad I still have both in mint condition.

A question about the ME2 CE. When does the CE download voucher(s) expire? If it does expire, wouldn't it diminish the value of the CE?

[quote name='eau']A question about the ME2 CE. When does the CE download voucher(s) expire? If it does expire, wouldn't it diminish the value of the CE?[/QUOTE]

Simple answer: it doesnt.

[quote name='Draken Zero']Simple answer: it doesnt.[/QUOTE]
Good to know.

I heard the God of War III CE has download vouchers in it that are going to expire at the end of 2010. That prompts me to think vouchers in other LE/CE would expire too.

I don't think this is really a deal anymore, since Target dropped the price permanently too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a universal price drop before long.

I bit at Blockbuster for $10 on their last copy. Is the Cerberus stuff worth taking it back and buying a new copy? Is it purchasable?

[quote name='shorj998']I bit at Blockbuster for $10 on their last copy. Is the Cerberus stuff worth taking it back and buying a new copy? Is it purchasable?[/QUOTE]For $15 / 1200 MSP, sure.

[quote name='Draken Zero']
Simple answer: it doesnt.[/QUOTE]

I happen to still have my armor code card from the ME2 collectors edition and it says in small type at the bottom "code expires January 1, 2012". Given that this is a code for EA's website, and not xbox live, I don't think you can rely "oh, xbox live codes never expire" approach with this. Maybe it won't, but EA has never been shy about pulling the plug on online servers for games over a year old and on other content, so I don't see them putting an expiration date on something and then not bothering to enforce it.

[quote name='shorj998']I bit at Blockbuster for $10 on their last copy. Is the Cerberus stuff worth taking it back and buying a new copy? Is it purchasable?[/QUOTE]

It is a bit complicated, but the trade in value on amazon for ME2 is still $15.50 at the moment...if you have the cover, manual and the game disks are in OK shape, you can trade it at amazon and then buy ME2 new for $20...so you would get pristine disks and the Cerberus code for only $4.50 more

[quote name='shorj998']I bit at Blockbuster for $10 on their last copy. Is the Cerberus stuff worth taking it back and buying a new copy? Is it purchasable?[/QUOTE]

I would make sure to get the Cerberus code because you get an extra character and an extra mission I believe.

Sold out on Amazon right now but I guess that is a good think for me. I was going to get the discounted DLC and play through it again but I am in the middle of Demon's Souls right now.

With Fallout New Vegas in a couple weeks, then Fable 3 the week after, then Gran Turismo 5, and then Black Ops followed a month later by Cataclysm I have no idea when I would have time to replay Mass Effect 2.

Buying the 360 version and the DLC is going to be cheaper than buying the PS3 version even if it does come with all the DLC as Amazon is listing it for $60.

bread's done
Back