Mass Effect 3 Collectors Edition (PS3) in-stock at Amazon

So much for these things being hard to find. All well, I am happy with my N7 from launch. For any fans that may have some how not bought the game yet, I think that the extra $20 is well worth all the in game content and little bonus items you get with the N7 version.

[quote name='shivan128']time to return my extra copies hoping it was a limited print.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Thank god for Silver membership, still got plenty of time to return it (going to the 21st since BBY is next to ToysRus and I heard they are restocking on skylanders on weds).

[quote name='technicalstylez']539 left, although at this point i think everyone is too bitter about the ending to even care.[/QUOTE]
At least ME3 had an ending, all I got was a "to be continued" for xiii-2. :whistle2:(

OP should put price in title instead of "same price."

[quote name='htz']At least ME3 had an ending, all I got was a "to be continued" for xiii-2. :whistle2:(

OP should put price in title instead of "same price."[/QUOTE]

Given the ending, I actually would've preferred a "to be continued"...

Damn, oh well, I got mine because I wanted it, so I'm not complaining. I really do urge everyone to pick one of these up, maybe not the collector's edition, but at least the vanilla version. I don't know much about the ending, but as far as the story goes leading up to it, I'm loving every moment of it.

I think they were probably just cancelled orders or returns. If they were printing more they would get a lot more than 500 in stock.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']waiting for around $30, there is no such thing as limited editions with these blockbuster games now[/QUOTE]

Let me know how that goes

Everyone who pre-ordered got one. There have to be more than 5000 out there. Maybe 10000+. But that doesn't make it a bad investment if demand for these stays high, especially if you never crack it. It's a popular series.

In the end, few limited ed's are worth more than their full retail price. Very few.

[quote name='ianoid']Everyone who pre-ordered got one. There have to be more than 5000 out there. Maybe 10000+. But that doesn't make it a bad investment if demand for these stays high, especially if you never crack it. It's a popular series.

In the end, few limited ed's are worth more than their full retail price. Very few.[/QUOTE]

5-10k? I guarantee the number is WELL beyond those figures. The first Mass Effect game probably had LE numbers around 5-10k. With how popular this game series is and with how popular LE versions have become, I am betting they had at least 100k copies made.

[quote name='xmaaaan4']how many are there now on amazon?

these are not limited at all... :([/QUOTE]

There's just under 300 left at amazon. If anybody has extras that they planed to sell you're probably going to have to wait a couple of years to make a good profit.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']There's just under 300 left at amazon. If anybody has extras that they planed to sell you're probably going to have to wait a couple of years to make a good profit.[/QUOTE]

yea, the reviews don't help either.

Well...I sold my second copy on Ebay for about $130 shipped a week and a half ago...Looks like it was as good as anytime to sell. This thing does not look like it will be as rare as the first or second ME Collectors Ed. I see buy it now listed for as low as $91 new.

Argh, need the PC version. My pre-order got screwed up in shipping, so I want to go with amazon this time around. Hope they get some in soon.

im so torn on this. ive got a ton of credit, but im halfway through the game already from gamefly, and i JUST saw how awful the reviews about the end are. im loving it so far, can anyone that has used the in game codes and crap vouch for this being a worthy purchase? is the MP fun at all or add to story? i dont think ill play through again until all dlc has come out so im leaning towards no...

despite the ending, i would rather own this game than uncharted 2 or 3.

imo, had more fun with this then arkham city, and arkham city was best game of 2011. amazon now at 187 copies. it will probably be sold out by tomorrow or thrusday.

[quote name='bajingo']im so torn on this. ive got a ton of credit, but im halfway through the game already from gamefly, and i JUST saw how awful the reviews about the end are. im loving it so far, can anyone that has used the in game codes and crap vouch for this being a worthy purchase? is the MP fun at all or add to story? i dont think ill play through again until all dlc has come out so im leaning towards no...[/QUOTE]
Buy now, return later if you change your mind. Instead of wait now, and when you want to buy its out of stock. You can always keep the DLC voucher and sell off the rest of the collectors edition on eBay, then wait for the standard ME3 to drop in price.

[quote name='Murderstorm']Man this collectors got super rare just like everyone insisted![/QUOTE]

i don't think it did. retailers getting it in stock again.

Quick question if I buy used can I buy an online pass in the game menu since I just checked xblm on the dashboard and no online pass is listed ?

[quote name='VISCO']Quick question if I buy used can I buy an online pass in the game menu since I just checked xblm on the dashboard and no online pass is listed ?[/QUOTE]

Yep. I paid 800 points at the in game menu to play MP. I wasnt a fan of the MP though.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yep. I paid 800 points at the in game menu to play MP. I wasnt a fan of the MP though.[/QUOTE]

I posted this same question on the bioware forums and ended up canceling my order due to all the people telling me not to buy it in till the ending is fixed

[quote name='kellte2']These already have terrible value. Good thing I am not in the flipping business.[/QUOTE]

Even to this day I'm still selling these for over $100. How is a game selling for more then MSRP during the time when games value typically tank ( a few weeks after release) qualify it for having "terrible value".

I'm not seeing this come in and out of stock at any retailer other then Amazon.

Also I'm starting to feel like the PC version is the most limited; which is odd because the PC version of ME2 CE is worth next to nothing

[quote name='GBAstar']Even to this day I'm still selling these for over $100. How is a game selling for more then MSRP during the time when games value typically tank ( a few weeks after release) qualify it for having "terrible value".

I'm not seeing this come in and out of stock at any retailer other then Amazon.

Also I'm starting to feel like the PC version is the most limited; which is odd because the PC version of ME2 CE is worth next to nothing[/QUOTE]

If you're selling on eBay or Amazon, after they take their cuts, you're really not making much. Take into account the risk of getting scammed, and it doesn't seem worth it. More power to you if you're making it worth it.

Yes this is true. It is all about risk vs reward.

But imagine someone amassed 50 copies. Lets say they sold 30 prior to release at the inflated costs they were going for ($140+). Enough profit will be made off of those 30 that as long as the rest of don't have to be dumped for a lose then the reseller is sitting pretty. And I do still believe that at some point the value of these will rebound.

Now I don't resell for profit but I am a compulsive collector. My intent was to be able to get all three version of the CE (PC, PS3, 360) and not have to pay much OOP after I sold off my extras. Right now I'd say I'm pretty damn close.

Hmm, I think the 14 copies I have in my house are enough. Im constantly back and forth about returning them, but would rather lose big than miss out on an opportunity. Ill let you guys know where these are at in 6-12 months. On a side note, (possibly) losing money on these will never hurt as bad as buying that stupid Socom 4 buddle with the sharpshooter >_

[quote name='PDJ']Hmm, I think the 14 copies I have in my house are enough. Im constantly back and forth about returning them, but would rather lose big than miss out on an opportunity. Ill let you guys know where these are at in 6-12 months. On a side note, (possibly) losing money on these will never hurt as bad as buying that stupid Socom 4 buddle with the sharpshooter >_

Aaaand ... still available.

People who picked these up from eBay for $160 are feeling even dumber now than the day they dropped $160.

That's to say, pretty damned dumb.

[quote name='confoosious']does anyone remember what the Target.com preorder bonus was? They never sent me my order but still sent me a code.[/QUOTE]

It's probably the M-55 Argus Rifle. I believe every retailer had the same bonus except GS.

[quote name='Kylearan']Aaaand ... still available.

People who picked these up from eBay for $160 are feeling even dumber now than the day they dropped $160.

That's to say, pretty damned dumb.[/QUOTE]

Yea true, but it did look like this was going to be hard to find with almost every retailer selling out of pre-orders at some point. People just panicked. I'm guessing it will be rare in the future though.

bread's done
Back