Mass Effect 3 N7 CE PS3/PC back up at GameStop

FreedomChemist

CAG Veteran
Last edited by a moderator:
That link isn't working; try this one for the 360 CE.

Thanks for the update anyway--I'm good for ME3 CEs with one preordered at GS and through BBY.com for in-store pickup, but this is good for anyone else. :D

Hmmm, do I dare cancel my Best Buy one to pick up this one with the extra (though surely pretty useless) DLC the Gamestop one comes with?

[quote name='Raccoon2117']Hmmm, do I dare cancel my Best Buy one to pick up this one with the extra (though surely pretty useless) DLC the Gamestop one comes with?[/QUOTE]

you can usually resell those codes for anywhere from $10-$20 on average.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=282899@Raccoon
That useless dlc code will probably go for alot on ebay if you decide you don't want it.

@Steve
I couldn't find any shipping coupons so I gave up and just preordered the 360 version since it will be the first to sell out. I was torn between 360 and PC but in the end decided to go 360.

@iNFiNiTE
I doubt that you will still be able to preorder the CE on any platform in store.

Strange... first BBY sold out but then put it back up and then sold out again, and now GS sells out, puts it back up and.. who knows what happens next?

I'm not sure who to trust anymore. GS should be very reliable in a case like this so I'm guessing, guessing, they're the safer bet.

So now I've pre-ordered at 4 different places. Hopefully one of them sends me a copy.

EDIT - NVM, decided to cancel because my brother doesn't want to wait 2 weeks for it.

[quote name='Vinny']Strange... first BBY sold out but then put it back up and then sold out again, and now GS sells out, puts it back up and.. who knows what happens next?

I'm not sure who to trust anymore. GS should be very reliable in a case like this so I'm guessing, guessing, they're the safer bet.[/QUOTE]

You know what I think it could go either way with BestBuy or Gamestop in terms of who is more reliable. My Dark Souls CE order from GS was cancelled but they did give me a $10 credit. When I went to pick up my Starcraft 2 preorder from BB they gave me the regular edition.

What made me go with GS is the dlc code which if you don't like can easily sell on ebay.

[quote name='kevgret']Add $10 for shipping and processing.. and there is no $10 gift card..

GS is the worst.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, I used the $10 credit they gave me for Dark Souls and it came out to about $86.00 with overnight shipping. I could have went with a cheaper alternative but ground is $6 I believe and I did not want to roll the dice with "value" shipping.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']you can usually resell those codes for anywhere from $10-$20 on average.[/QUOTE]

I'm more worried about Gamestop not honoring the pre-order.

But I wouldn't like to have two pre-orders on my card for the Collector's Edition.

Dont complain about shipping if you are pre ordering now, shoulda got it way earlier like a year ago through Amazon.

The late bird gets crapped on so deal with it

[quote name='merchie89']Dont complain about shipping if you are pre ordering now, shoulda got it way earlier like a year ago through Amazon.

The late bird gets crapped on so deal with it[/QUOTE]

Free release date delivery would have been nice but the additional DLC balances it out. I should have preordered earlier but was undecided between 360/PC.

[quote name='merchie89']Dont complain about shipping if you are pre ordering now, shoulda got it way earlier like a year ago through Amazon.

The late bird gets crapped on so deal with it[/QUOTE]

Actually I already have my copy ordered...

I was just commenting on how bad GS is in general with shipping and not competing with other retailers when it comes to gift card bonuses..

[quote name='The Chop Suey']anybody else having trouble checking out? I live in California idk if that matters[/QUOTE]

I checked out just fine.

[quote name='The Chop Suey']anybody else having trouble checking out? I live in California idk if that matters[/QUOTE]

Did you get a message telling you to check your billing information and wait 24 hours before trying again after you clicked the "Submit Order" link? If so, you might be blocked from GS.com.

97 bucks later and now I'm guaranteed a collectors edition of mass effect 3 on 360. I waited to preorder and pay the price, oh well it will be worth it.

[quote name='winterlane']Did you get a message telling you to check your billing information and wait 24 hours before trying again after you clicked the "Submit Order" link? If so, you might be blocked from GS.com.[/QUOTE]

That usually means the item is now out of stock.. GS is horrible with online inventory

[quote name='kevgret']That usually means the item is now out of stock.. GS is horrible with online inventory[/QUOTE]

I just placed an order so it is still in stock. Geez $91....

Just preordered. Total came out to $91 but the only other game I intend on picking up new is RE:ORC until November when RE6 comes out. There aren't any other must have games for me between then.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I just placed an order so it is still in stock. Geez $91....[/QUOTE]

And it could get cancelled... it's happened to alot of us before.

Just preordered with some credit I had. $37 with 2 Day shipping out of pocket. What a steal! Now, I just have to decide if I should cancel my BB order or not...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Just preordered with some credit I had. $37 with 2 Day shipping out of pocket. What a steal! Now, I just have to decide if I should cancel my BB order or not...[/QUOTE]

I would keep it just in case. You can always return one copy if you get both.

Thinking about canceling my BestBuy preorder. It seems likely this is not going to be that rare after all, meaning I can probably get it half price in a few months. I have no plans to play this right away anyways, since I haven't even played ME2 yet.

for some reason it wont let me order from them i have tried both firefox and IE but it keeps looping me back to billing address and its filled out 100% getting very annoyed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']does this mean I can go pre-order in store or no? anyone know?[/QUOTE]

As Freedom said above, I doubt you can either.

The other day I traded in some games to take advantage of that 30% extra TIV toward select pre-orders and I tried to pre-order Raccoon City SE. It was on the list, but they told me I would only be able to pre-order the regular edition. Yet, I'm still able to pre-order the SE on their site. It doesn't make sense, but I think it's because they need to submit their pre-orders by a certain date so the specified amount can be shipped to their store in time.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Thinking about canceling my BestBuy preorder. It seems likely this is not going to be that rare after all, meaning I can probably get it half price in a few months. I have no plans to play this right away anyways, since I haven't even played ME2 yet.[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt it will be half price anywhere. Check ebay listings, people are already selling the CE for over $120. The weapon DLC is selling upwards of $40 by its self.

Has anyone gone to a B&M and seen if perhaps they are taking more preorders now as well?

*edit*

Figured I would at least buy it on here and then check in store tomorrow but they are all gone online, it will not let me add it to the cart, looks like the 360 deal is dead again.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Random question guys but if my power up rewards membership expires will all my point be gone too or will try still be there?[/QUOTE]

can someone please answer this question. Thanks!

[quote name='Ruahrc']Thinking about canceling my BestBuy preorder. It seems likely this is not going to be that rare after all, meaning I can probably get it half price in a few months. I have no plans to play this right away anyways, since I haven't even played ME2 yet.[/QUOTE]Don't plan on that happening.

The only times people found 360 ME2 CEs after the preorder process was very random places and not any company-wide clearances as we've seen with numerous other CE & LE titles.

Besides the MGS Collection PS3 LE, I can't think of any other CE/LE that was not pre-orderable a few weeks before release.

I don't think anyone should plan on finding this one clearanced multiple months after the fact. The only ones that tend to be clearanced like that after release are the large-sized CEs like Gears of War 3 Epic Edition, Uncharted 3 CE, Skyrim CE, Infamous 2 CE, Arkham City CE, Dead Space 2 CE, Bioshock 2 CE, and other non-standard sized ones. Mass Effect 3 CE isn't a oversized CE because it doesn't have some large statue or other item like it in the package.

eBay has never ever been a reliable indicator of what something is actually worth and/or available. That retards are paying $120 for a preorder says nothing.

I got my mass effect 2 CE for $40 from GS like 4 months after it came out. You also have to factor that the more sequels a game gets the more more overproduced the CEs are. Look at your list, how many 2s and 3s or greater do you see?

I may just keep the BB preorder and then use the 30-day return window to decide.

gohastings.com has it for 360... just ordered mine. I have no clue why I waited so long to begin with... Oh yeah thats right, I've been blacklisting EA for the past 10 months. I'm a hypocrite.

bread's done
Back