Mass Effect 3 PC Thread! Am I the only one playing it on PC lol

koalak

CAGiversary!
The xbox 360 and PS3 Mass Effects thread have tons of activity

but seems noone is playing it on PC except me? lol

so post here if you are one of the select few who prefers to play this on PC and not Xbox

because like everyone I know plays it on the xbox 360

there MUST be more...

Also some resources:
Wikipedia Page

Character Creation

Official Site

Story Recap

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't find any good deals on the pre-order for PC, so I'll just wait till it gets down to the $30-40 mark. I still have to replay my ME1 and ME2; stuck on ME1 right now and forgot why they didn't keep the mako for ME2... hehe

I don't have the problem with Origin as others do, tho I'd expect that I'll be waiting for this to go down to $5. Maybe by then I'll have ME1 and ME2 finished. Maybe.

I'm waiting for it go freeware and/or I get a free copy. Got ME 1 for free and played 2 at a LAN so there goes that.

I'm playing on PC...I just use the 360 thread for most ME3 talk...for multiplatform games like this, there's little reason to have three separate threads.

I do plan on playing, but I'm waiting for it to drop in price (and for some probably much needed patches). Also wanted to play ME2 again and try out some of its DLC.

From what I've been reading and heard, it's not the strongest game in the series. The MP looks like fun, but I can wait until Fall/Winter.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I do plan on playing, but I'm waiting for it to drop in price (and for some probably much needed patches). Also wanted to play ME2 again and try out some of its DLC.

From what I've been reading and heard, it's not the strongest game in the series. The MP looks like fun, but I can wait until Fall/Winter.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I'm doing. I replayed the first ME a few weeks ago and am just now starting ME2 again. I'll finish ME2 some time this month and hopefully find a deal on ME3 while I wait.

[quote name='SEH']This is exactly what I'm doing. I replayed the first ME a few weeks ago and am just now starting ME2 again. I'll finish ME2 some time this month and hopefully find a deal on ME3 while I wait.[/QUOTE]

Ha, how was replaying ME1? I thought about doing that, but then I remembered the elevators, the super slow walk/run speed and the clunky inventory. I decided not to and sold my retail copy.

It's definitely dated. The elevators were still just as annoying as I remember, but it was still enjoyable to play through again.

I picked up a copy from the GMG deal. It's been pretty fun in the few hours I've had free to play it. (Now that I'm working again, I can afford mah video games, but I no longer can stay up late playing them except on the weekends. Quite the conundrum.)

I found I had nasty stuttering problems unless I disabled "Enabled Origin in Game" in Origin. Thanks EA, I'm glad to know that your required software has to be disabled in game for your own game to run properly. (A decently new core i5/GTX 560 box should not stutter on character creation screens and the opening cut-scenes of a game).

Also, the fact that you apparently cannot manually holster your weapon (as you could in ME1 and ME2) is really, really bugging me.

Otherwise, I'm having a blast.

I beat it the other day on pc. really enjoyable game but it felt a level to short

this probably is my 1st title that i did a full let's play for youtube too

the main problem i have with the game is no xbox 360 controller support. it's 2012 and that type of stuff shouldn't even be an issue anymore. i mean skyrim of all titles even has support+UI support for a controller :)

I have it on the 360 but was planning on picking it and ME up on the PC at some point. I have ME2 on the PC from when my 360 died on me. I didn't like the mouse and keyboard on ME2 much and have been planning on getting a 360 controller for the PC. If ME3 on the PC does not support it then that kills it for me.

[quote name='sendme']I have it on the 360 but was planning on picking it and ME up on the PC at some point. I have ME2 on the PC from when my 360 died on me. I didn't like the mouse and keyboard on ME2 much and have been planning on getting a 360 controller for the PC. If ME3 on the PC does not support it then that kills it for me.[/QUOTE]

ya it sure doesnt and even witha great rat 7 mouse i much rather just sit back and use the controller for a game like this. it's a direct port from the xbox and from what i see people post in the forums about it, EA actually went out of their way to not have controller support in this game because the controller files and ui are there but it's encrypted

[quote name='Bloodbooger']The more I think about it, I may pick it up for cheap on the 360 and totally cut-out the forced spyware.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. Some poor kid was trying to show the game off to some of us at my store on his 360 and entire time the characters were blinking in and out of visibility. Some of the cut scene were pure comedy since all you saw was the weapons people were holding..he rebooted...same thing happened again and again.

Weeee for high production value games.

Got a copy for free ended up giving it right back to the person (thanks anyway :) ) I've seen way way way too many glitches in this game from other people at the LAN and among friends and family.

I'll say, I beat the game last night and during my entire play-through, encountered one glitch (and it was easily fixed by loading my last save).

Not sure about the PC version but on the 360 I had it lock up on me twice but that was after hours of play. I did have some issues with the controles but didn't notice any bugs.

I saw an entire conversation with Shepard and floating guns.

Nmes attacking and all you see was their attacks.

7 x crashes both on 360 and PC.

Characters embedded in the walls.

The worst one has to be coming out of inventory/stat screen and falling through the map.

Playing through on PC here. Shelved it for a bit after release until someone modded it to work better with 3D vision. That happened, and now I am 15 hours in or so.

I actually had 100% of achievements in ME1 and ME2 on 360 since I had started the series there due to the first game coming out quite a bit earlier on 360 than PC. Played through both on PC to get ready for ME3 PC over the last few months, however.

Enjoying it quite a bit, just haven't had the time to pour into it lately. And I've already either considered myself to be the luckiest gamer in the world when it comes to bugs (or that the internets blow everything way out of proportion) ,but no bugs/crashes here.

Playing a Sentinel; something I hadn't done before. Pretty neat. And I've played as FemShep Paragon from the get go. I suppose I should play through as DudeShep Renegade sometime to see the other side of things.

umm i had no problems with me3 here, the game is on a SSD drive tho =p. sometimes you see afew pauses here and there between cutsceens but thats just a skipped dialog part the game cuts out or soemthing and has been seen in past games like that.

okay i lie not no problem but one issue i did come across while making a 140 part playthrough for youtube my pc did restart twice but i think that was due to new recording software i got to record the game with. i changed the codec and worked fine after that. i dont have any problems playing this game online and junk :)

Have to say the multiplayer is pretty fun. you know those people that do nothing but play starcraft online vs the puter or horde all day in gear of war 3. ya that's who it's aimed at :)

I picked this up not to long ago for the PC for $30. Haven't played SP yet, saving that when I finish ME1 and ME2 playback again; I find MP a fun, mindless co-op to be nice while I watch discovery channel or something. Wished they added more MP modes.

bread's done
Back