Mass Effect 3 preorder bonus question...

Blaan

CAGiversary!
Ok, so I'm trying to decide whether or not I should preorder the regular edition of Mass Effect 3 or the Collectors edition.

I'm only interested in the collectors edition for the bonus character and extra mission. I don't care about the case, DVD, and whatever else comes with it. I do care that Amazon has a $10 credit on the standard edition. And if it's just a matter of buying the DLC, then I'd prefer to do that.

So my question is, has there been any indication on whether or not that DLC will be made available on the first day? I'm a PS3 player and I didn't preorder the last game, but did play that mission with the thief chick and I can't seem to remember if that was included or I bought that separately.

Thanks in advance.

Posted this to your other thread, then I saw this one...

Tough to say. The CE DLC from Mass Effect 2 was never made available for a separate purchase on XBLM. It was available on PSN, but there was no CE for PS3 so it wouldn't have been available at all otherwise. And, that DLC was only a weapon and armor set, not a whole character.

If I had to guess I would say that it probably will be available for separate purchase, eventually. A whole extra squadmate is a lot for them to keep exclusive to the CE forever. But I wouldn't count on it being available right away.

Bah! That's what I was thinking. But $20 bucks is a lot to lay down for a character and mission.

I just know that if I don't have it when I'm playing it initially, the chances of me going back and getting it after I've finished the game are extremely limited. I'm going to preorder the CE, and if more information becomes available, maybe I'll switch it to the standard edition.

It's just a $30 price difference. Bah.

If you're a big mass effect fan, I'd say get the ce and sell whatever you don't want. If you get it from gaemstop (online only at this point) you will get dlc armor and weapon that you can sell off, again helping to recoup the cost of the CE.

Hey guys-

I did read via a twitter response from a BioWare developer that the DLC character & mission will be available for download to those NOT buying the CE edition....(I will edit this response with the link when I find it).

HOWEVER with the CE you are getting....

A weapon pack, a robotic dog, the Bonus DLC mission and character, some alternate crew outfits, N7 in-game hoodie and all the ME-related actual schwag (and the Argus rifle for pre-ordering). With the weapon pack and character pack you are really pushing around 15 bucks anyways...You have no idea how much these could be charged for later on. There is at least $15 worth of DLC included from what I can tell.

I would rather have it all on Disc as well personally. But wouldn't be surprised if there was just a digital code included. Either way...I am saying Yes to the CE. I think if you want to go all out on ME then this is probably the time to do it. They will have DLC later on but who knows what will be deemed necessary after the main story.

ALSO- Remember that on Tuesday you all ought to download the Kingdom of Amalur DEMO for your FREE ME3 ARMOR and gun I believe...This addded with the DLC stuff and pre-order gun makes it all seem worth it.

bread's done
Back