Mass Effect Collector's Edition

$250? I see $125 on Amazon ... still not a great price, but I don't know where you're seeing it go that high. It's a nice CE ... but probably not worth over MSRP to be honest. The artbook is small, the additional DLC is somewhat unnecessary (the outfit it gives you is kinda cool but the fact that you can't see facial expressions with it on really takes away from the in-game conversations). So yeah, with the discounts on the standard version and upcoming free DLC for the cerberus network, you might be wiser to go that route.

[quote name='etcrane']$250? I see $125 on Amazon ... still not a great price, but I don't know where you're seeing it go that high. It's a nice CE ... but probably not worth over MSRP to be honest. The artbook is small, the additional DLC is somewhat unnecessary (the outfit it gives you is kinda cool but the fact that you can't see facial expressions with it on really takes away from the in-game conversations). So yeah, with the discounts on the standard version and upcoming free DLC for the cerberus network, you might be wiser to go that route.[/QUOTE]

Although I agree, I think he means Mass Effect 1, not 2. :)

[quote name='advanced']Although I agree, I think he means Mass Effect 1, not 2. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, you are correct, my bad. Although, with that said, outside of the pure collectible value of having something rare ... total waste of money for the ME 1 CE.

Everything besides the tin case is included in the Platinum version ... it's actually a great value for $20.

Seriously ... buy the Mass Effect Platinum hits version and grab a copy of the Artbook/ Strategy guide combo, save a hundred or two ... you will thank me later and actually get more from those two items than from a copy of the CE.

Especially since the Platinum Hits version comes with a REAL Premium Theme. Most of the themes on the CE were pre-NXE.

bread's done
Back