Mass Effect Infiltrator for 99 cents (Android)

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']So .99 cents comes out to... < 1 penny? :cool: Thanks for the head's up![/QUOTE]

Yeah I should change that.;)

Thanks! I saw this yesterday as well. Just upgraded to a RAZR MAXX from a Droid X and it looks really nice on it. Also NBA Jam is .99 cents as well (down from 5 bucks). Unfortunately it's not supported on my phone.

[quote name='Namerson']It's also made by the guys who made Dead Space (mobile version) it's an alright game.[/QUOTE]

I'm still new to mobile/android gaming, is this a third-person like the Dead Space mobile game?

By the way, this seems to be part of the "Longest Day" (aka Summer Solstice) sale. There are other games on sale too. Most notably GTA III.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_2012_06_20_LongestDayDeals

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmm.. I might get this for my HP Touchpad. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you get it would you (or anyone else with a Touchpad who might have this game) report back on how it run? I know some of the past EA Games for Android had issues on the Touchpad and in particular with the CM9 ROM.

Damn, I picked this up for $5 just a couple of weeks ago. Even at that price I'm not disappointed, however. Really is one of the more outstanding phone games ever made and looks and runs outstandingly on my Motorola Atrix. If you like Mass Effect or you like shooters, picking this up for $1 is an absolute no-brainer IMO.

I just played the first couple minutes of this on my new DROID RAZR, performance was great and it seems like a pretty solid game. I've heard it compared unfavorably to Dead Space (which I played on iPad), but I could never quite get the hang of the controls in that game and I already feel like Infiltrator is more natural.

Like Dead Space, this apparently doesn't work on the Evo 4G LTE. NBA Jam works great, but it's a shame this one doesn't.

[quote name='HaloGX']Like Dead Space, this apparently doesn't work on the Evo 4G LTE. NBA Jam works great, but it's a shame this one doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Is NBA Jam any good? I'm debating if I should get it.

Man, it doesn't work with my galaxy tab 10.1? Does not seem that this works for many people... I cannot even see the link on the sale page to this game.

Huh, I didn't even know this was on Android now. Go figure that it apparently released a week after I finished Mass Effect 3, and might have actually bought it if it was available then just for the galactic readiness boost (which turned out to be ultimately worthless, so I guess it worked out in the end). This game seems decent though for 99 cents, here's a video review if anyone was debating it:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/14/mass-effect-infiltrator-video-review

[quote name='ZeTeny']Is NBA Jam any good? I'm debating if I should get it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is. There's a single player campaign, quick play, and multiplayer with tons to unlock. It controls surprisingly well for a touchscreen (though a couple times the controls 'locked up' on me, but it didn't affect the game really) and the graphics/presentation is pretty much spot on to the console version. For $5 it's a good deal, but at $1 I'd say definitely.

It's a LOT of space... I'm gonna have to delete some stuff

holy crap... it needs 900 MB on your SD card. I don't have that kind of space :(

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone have an experia play that has gotten this or NBA Jam? I have never purchased a game before. Just gotten the free stuff. Wondering how it will run.

[quote name='Edge']Huh, I didn't even know this was on Android now. Go figure that it apparently released a week after I finished Mass Effect 3, and might have actually bought it if it was available then just for the galactic readiness boost (which turned out to be ultimately worthless, so I guess it worked out in the end). This game seems decent though for 99 cents, here's a video review if anyone was debating it:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/14/mass-effect-infiltrator-video-review[/QUOTE]

So this IS the same thing that was on the iOs system? Meaning this will let me skip the rubbish Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?

^yea- my question is if I tie it to my EA account where I already played the iOS version, what happens? Can I get double credit? Or will it screw everything up?

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']So this IS the same thing that was on the iOs system? Meaning this will let me skip the rubbish Mass Effect 3 multiplayer?[/QUOTE]
The "Mass Effect Datapad" app is the one that lets you do missions to raise your Galactic Readiness, and that's only for iOS. As far as I can tell, you can check your Readiness in this game, but you can't raise it.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Works fine on my touchpad. Controls take a little getting used to, but it's fun so far.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, just bought it was started to wonder if it would work on mine. Running CM9 Alpha 2 with nightlies :)

Regarding people having issues getting this game (or others like Gameloft stuff for example) to run, most Android games can be made to work on most devices if you are willing to do some hoop jumping like build.prop edits and possibly using Chainfire to emulate a difference graphics chip.

Gameloft and EA seem to be the worst offender of this whole works on a few devices but not most with a lot fiddling around scenario. Most other Android games generally work on most devices.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The "Mass Effect Datapad" app is the one that lets you do missions to raise your Galactic Readiness, and that's only for iOS. As far as I can tell, you can check your Readiness in this game, but you can't raise it.[/QUOTE]

The link in the OP says:

"IMPACT YOUR MASS EFFECT 3 EXPERIENCE
Gather valuable intel and upload it to Galaxy at War to boost your Galactic Readiness Rating in Mass Effect 3. Complete the game to increase your War Assets. Improve your chances in the final Mass Effect 3 battle – on the go!"

So it sounds like the Android version will let you do it too.... if anyone can confirm I'd be eternally grateful!

[quote name='Motoki']Regarding people having issues getting this game (or others like Gameloft stuff for example) to run, most Android games can be made to work on most devices if you are willing to do some hoop jumping like build.prop edits and possibly using Chainfire to emulate a difference graphics chip.

Gameloft and EA seem to be the worst offender of this whole works on a few devices but not most with a lot fiddling around scenario. Most other Android games generally work on most devices.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, yes. Those 2 companies' games are atrocious for not working with CM9(obviously, not their fault)! Gameloft, at this time, is the best phone gaming device developer, to me! I need to do some 1,000 year late updates to my CM9. My procrastinating azz. Particularly, the 1 to get HD video working.

This guy is good! Just gotta search through the vids!:

http://www.youtube.com/user/reverendkjr?nomobile=1

[quote name='Night Wolf']Thanks! I saw this yesterday as well. Just upgraded to a RAZR MAXX from a Droid X and it looks really nice on it. Also NBA Jam is .99 cents as well (down from 5 bucks). Unfortunately it's not supported on my phone.[/QUOTE]

aww NBA Jam doesnt work on the razr maxx? i was gonna get it too =(

For those playing NBA Jam on their touchpad, did you have any trouble updating the game? I'm running CM9 using the latest nightly build, and whenever it gets to the updating prompt (where it downloads the necessary files), it gives my some eamobile.com/countrygate error. Did you guys do anything to the build.prop file out of curiosity?

thanks op! this game is great!! this and nba jam work great on my CM9 kindle fire

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nesmaster75']For those playing NBA Jam on their touchpad, did you have any trouble updating the game? I'm running CM9 using the latest nightly build, and whenever it gets to the updating prompt (where it downloads the necessary files), it gives my some eamobile.com/countrygate error. Did you guys do anything to the build.prop file out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

Dead Space for Android does the same thing on my Touchpad (error 5002) - on both CM7 and CM9. There's something screwy going on, and I haven't figured it out yet. Unfortunately, most forum solutions for fixing the game amount to "pirate it".

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmm.. I might get this for my HP Touchpad. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Please explain. I have a touchpad too and was curious if you have added android to it and how it was working for you.

[quote name='nwaugh']Dead Space for Android does the same thing on my Touchpad (error 5002) - on both CM7 and CM9. There's something screwy going on, and I haven't figured it out yet. Unfortunately, most forum solutions for fixing the game amount to "pirate it".[/QUOTE]

I know with some of the other EA games what worked for me and for others was to install them on a phone or other Android device, let it download the data, then find the directory where that is store and copy that over to the Touchpad.

It's annoying but I seemed to only have to do it the first time around, then other subsequent downloads seemed to work okay.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Please explain. I have a touchpad too and was curious if you have added android to it and how it was working for you.[/QUOTE]

It works really well. There's a ton of info on it on the Touchpad forums on Rootzwiki and XDA.

bread's done
Back