Mass Effect Newegg in stock @ 53.99

I ordered just now as well, the charge went through. People who ordered them a few days ago from Newegg said their orders were shipped.

Sounds good to me! If they do ship, which they 99% will, we'll be playing it by the end of the week!

I ordered several days ago too. I contacted Newegg today and to roughly paraphrase what the customer service rep and her "supervisor" said:

The game will be shipped out to UPS within 24 hours, it will be held until November 20th, on either the 20th or 21st UPS will deliver the package.

In other words, UPS is holding the game until the release date, so it should not arrive early.

Based on that, you probably shouldn't have paid extra for expediated shipping as I don't think it will help at all.

That info was nowhere in my order. And they already charged my CC - which they shouldn't if they have not shipped yet. The website says in stock and has a different status for preorders...

If they don't ship by wednesday I will cancel the order.

[quote name='Shragen']That info was nowhere in my order. And they already charged my CC - which they shouldn't if they have not shipped yet. The website says in stock and has a different status for preorders...

If they don't ship by wednesday I will cancel the order.[/quote]
I just spoke with them on the phone and they said they are shipping tomorrow if you place an order today- they gave no mention of a hold being placed on arrivals with UPS. If they do put a hold on it, though, they'll be getting hell from me (as they didn't say that anywhere on the site and I was already charged).

I'm still on the fence with this i'm pretty sure i can get this on Friday(a game store by me gets hot games early) and if i order now i won't get this till Friday or Monday the earliest:whistle2:k

Ok, I just called Newegg again, and the representative ASSURED me that they will not have UPS hold its shipment. I ordered my copy less than an hour ago and it was already sent from their warehouse- the rep stated that I would definitely receive it within 3 or so business days.

Don't hold your breath on this one. They held Halo 3 on me when it showed as shipped in my account. My package was even date marked for the right day and they called to hold it. Newegg is too tech savvy to break street dates

Oh and I still haven't been able to get my overnight refunded like they said I was going too. Beware of trying to break street date at newegg, only time I have ever gotten bad customer service from them.

Add:
Dang my desire for this STILL got the better of me. Ordered it with UPS 2nd day, hopefully they won't freeze this one on me.

I ordered Halo 3 through Newegg and it was the worst experience ever I used overight shipping since it was in-stock the week before it caemout. Customer service told me they charged my credit card and it would be shipped like 6 times. They never shipped it and said they couldnt cancel my order. I bought the game in Mid-September didnt get a refund until mid October terrible website. They made me refuse delivery and if you cant refuse delivery you need to drop off the game at a local UPS.

CANCEL ORDER WHILE YOU CAN.

It took me about 6 hours worth a complaining to get my refund which lasted for a month...

This is the only website Ive ever ordered from that I would never order from again.

I've chatted with customer support from Newegg... here is the transcript:
chatinfo.gif
Please wait while we connect you to a Newegg representative.
chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Evy. How may I assist you today?
Ricardo: I've placed an order today that has 2 business day shipping
Ricardo: it is order 6914xxxxx
Evy: Let me take a look into that...one moment please.
Evy: The order has been charged and scanned by the warehouse waiting to be shipped out. A confirmation e-mail will be sent momentarily with the tracking number provided.
Ricardo: perfect. I was reading on a website today that orders were being held at the warehouse
Ricardo: until the 20 of november
Ricardo: please confirm that there is no hold on the order
Evy: There is no hold on the order.
Ricardo: thank you very much... and have a good day

You know I wonder if Newegg outsources their CS reps to some place like India. That way they could claim some sort of deniblity.

Bottom line, if I was the smart kind, I'd start a nice big paper trail. Get recordings of conversations, copies of transcripts with Reps and if Newegg drops the ball, you can bring up a whole load of evidence that they violated some sort of consumer protection law (for the states that have laws protecting consumers).

Granted I bet their response is something like we can't break the street date with out excessive fines, then the rebuttal would be well I shouldn't be able to order it if you can't break the street date. There should have been a pre-order instead of an order option. And so forth.... man I wish I was a tort lawyer...

Knew I should have gone off to law school...

[quote name='rooter']There's no hold on the order, but there will be on the package.[/quote]

My question was directly about holding the game at the warehouse... my CC was charged which shouldn't happen if they are not ready to ship yet.

but again if they don't ship for wednesday I will cancel and notify my CC company about the scam, my CC company is more than happy to help me out with this kind of problem they have been very good in the past.

be ready for a ton of drama... atleast with halo they have a limited return policy meaning you can only return if the item is broken for the same item. NO RETURNS or cancelled orders... if mass effect is street dated dont anticipate getting this game before the street date.

Newegg just told me its not shipping until "the 20th or the day after" - via live chat. I had placed the order saturday night, and had been charged the same day.

They also let me cancel the order.

[quote name='MeanMuenster']Newegg just told me its not shipping until "the 20th or the day after" - via live chat. I had placed the order saturday night, and had been charged the same day.

They also let me cancel the order.[/quote]

I can confirm that... and have also cancelled the order. Maria the CSR person I talked to has told me in no uncertain terms that they have it and will hold it until the 20th - UPS will place them on hold on their warehouse.

After I told them all of my previous conversations she basically told me they will not break the street date.:bomb:

[quote name='Shragen']I can confirm that... and have also cancelled the order. Maria the CSR person I talked to has told me in no uncertain terms that they have it and will hold it until the 20th - UPS will place them on hold on their warehouse.

After I told them all of my previous conversations she basically told me they will not break the street date.:bomb:[/quote]

Well it looks like we have conflicting information then. I spoke with a CS Rep named Evy via live chat and she (I assume it's a she) stated that it would be shipping tomorrow and that Newegg does not have a policy in place for holding orders after they've been placed.

Should be interesting to give them a call tomorrow with the evidence in hand.

Which is why the lesson learned here is a) always tape/record conversations with CS reps and b) Newegg won't break street dates.

UPDATE for anyone who purchased through Newegg: We got screwed. Newegg has now decided not to ship until the 20th since they received so many orders. I've been talking with a supervisor, and there isn't anything they can do if your CC was already charged. If it hasn't, you can ask for a refund, but otherwise, you have to wait until next week. She did state, however, that the item will most likely arrive on the 20th or 21st at latest

Again, this is different than what the phone service stated both times I called- for some reason, online support has a complete different ideology about this situation.

I ordered this last week on Tuesday, had my credit card charged, and then called Wednesday to confirm shipment, which I was told should happen. When it didn't, I called on Thursday and asked what happened. The person told me it had shipped but didn't have a tracking number she could give me yet. Still later with no update to my order, I called again and asked what was happening, when the person told me that "The game doesn't release until the 20th, so we can't ship it yet." I cancelled my order at that point.

Why the hell do they list the goddamn game as in stock if they're not going to ship it out immediately?, I know the game is street dated but shit.....don't trick buyers like that.

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Why the hell do they list the goddamn game as in stock if they're not going to ship it out immediately?, I know the game is street dated but shit.....don't trick buyers like that.[/quote]

Well I think the problem lies in Newegg's policies. Apparently they don't have a "pre-order" option as state on faq. (type in pre-order under search faqs).

The funny thing is that I just got off the phone with a CS rep along with another live person rep as well and both said that the game would ship tomorrow for me.

I tried to sound very concerned and got the names of all of them. Should be a fun conversation tomorrow or thursday.

And so now it's a waiting game.... one difference though, I picked FedEx over UPS. I wonder if FedEx has a hold option compared to UPS (as UPS has something called UPS Intercept).

After what happend with Halo 3, why would anyone here order with them again thinking they will break the street date and then bitch and moan about it? I learned it during Halo 3. So I didn't order Mass Effect from them.

[quote name='spachi12']Well I think the problem lies in Newegg's policies. Apparently they don't have a "pre-order" option as state on faq. (type in pre-order under search faqs).

The funny thing is that I just got off the phone with a CS rep along with another live person rep as well and both said that the game would ship tomorrow for me.

I tried to sound very concerned and got the names of all of them. Should be a fun conversation tomorrow or thursday.

And so now it's a waiting game.... one difference though, I picked FedEx over UPS. I wonder if FedEx has a hold option compared to UPS (as UPS has something called UPS Intercept).[/quote]

That's weird since they have the Rock Band bundles up for pre-order.

[quote name='nycxandy']That's weird since they have the Rock Band bundles up for pre-order.[/quote]

Ok so I take back the part on "pre-orders". I guess Newegg's hasn't updated their faqs in a while then.

[quote name='y2julio']After what happend with Halo 3, why would anyone here order with them again thinking they will break the street date and then bitch and moan about it? I learned it during Halo 3. So I didn't order Mass Effect from them.[/quote]

Well I luckily didn't get Halo 3 from Newegg, but hey now that some of us are (unfortunately) committed, we might as well see how things unfold this time around. Who knows, what if (and it's a big if) newegg caves in on this one and actually ships (whether intentionally or not) Mass Effect to some folks (and not others)?

Either way it should make for a good blog topic, news reel, or even a posting on Kotaku!

Well, either way the vast majority of folks have to wait until the proper release date anyway, so those of us who are commited to Newegg really can't complain about saving ~8 bucks.

My only hope is that the game ships before the release date so it arrives on Tuesday.

[quote name='wilsonr']I ordered several days ago too. I contacted Newegg today and to roughly paraphrase what the customer service rep and her "supervisor" said:

The game will be shipped out to UPS within 24 hours, it will be held until November 20th, on either the 20th or 21st UPS will deliver the package.

In other words, UPS is holding the game until the release date, so it should not arrive early.

Based on that, you probably shouldn't have paid extra for expediated shipping as I don't think it will help at all.[/quote]

It looks I was probably right. Although, like the prevoius poster reiterated, it is cheaper to buy from Newegg for many of us, so if the game arrives on time, no worries.

Unfortunetly I didn't catch this thread before I went ahead and tryed to take advantage of this, and the customer rep confirmed it:

chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Alice. How may I assist you today?
Mike: I ordered Mass Effect (my sales order # is ---------) today and it has already charged my credit card. It didn't say pre-order, it said Buy Now, or the like. However, I have read on some forums this game will be held in the warehouse until Nov. 20th
Alice: I am sorry for this. Actually, the manufacture will not release the game untill 11/20.
Alice: If you would like to keep this order, I would like to make an exception to credit you $10.00.
Mike: That would be great, actually. Is there any way to increase the shipping to one-day at this time or no?
Alice: I am sorry since it has been charged, I am unable to change the shipping method to you.
Mike: Ok that is fine, thanks for the help.
Alice: You are welcome. When you receive the package, please feel free to contact us, we will process the credit for you.

But hey, at least I get $10 off and NewEgg usually gets their stuff out pretty quick.

If you're getting it from UPS just refuse the delivery when it arrives. They will send it back and you will be refunded cost + shipping. I did this on Halo 3 from Newegg and the credited my card after a few days.

lol.. are any of your truly stupid enough to believe you'll get this shipped this week? Didn't we learn anything from the halo fiasco? Just because it says "in stock" does not mean "shipping today"

[quote name='ByeByePoopy']Unfortunetly I didn't catch this thread before I went ahead and tryed to take advantage of this, and the customer rep confirmed it:

chatinfo.gif
Thank you for contacting Newegg. My name is Alice. How may I assist you today?
Mike: I ordered Mass Effect (my sales order # is ---------) today and it has already charged my credit card. It didn't say pre-order, it said Buy Now, or the like. However, I have read on some forums this game will be held in the warehouse until Nov. 20th
Alice: I am sorry for this. Actually, the manufacture will not release the game untill 11/20.
Alice: If you would like to keep this order, I would like to make an exception to credit you $10.00.
Mike: That would be great, actually. Is there any way to increase the shipping to one-day at this time or no?
Alice: I am sorry since it has been charged, I am unable to change the shipping method to you.
Mike: Ok that is fine, thanks for the help.
Alice: You are welcome. When you receive the package, please feel free to contact us, we will process the credit for you.

But hey, at least I get $10 off and NewEgg usually gets their stuff out pretty quick.

[/quote]

Wow...

That is some nice piece of ass.

[quote name='mattgreene']If you're getting it from UPS just refuse the delivery when it arrives. They will send it back and you will be refunded cost + shipping. I did this on Halo 3 from Newegg and the credited my card after a few days.[/quote]Um, so you are telling the above poster to refuse a copy of Mass Effect for $40 something bucks? You have issues man. I would rather wait 2-3 days after release date if I can get a game for less.

Well I wasn't familiar with the Halo 3 mess and I wanted to play this NOW!

But I just got off chat and the rep confirmed for me they "just got new information" about this release and it won't be shipping to anyone but "should" arrive by the 20th. He did let me cancel though.

Well, no matter how this goes down, it was $54 at Newegg so nobody is "dumb" or "stupid" for buying Mass Effect from them. They have some good prices on alot of games, so even if we don't get the game till the 20th, we got it for less that most retail sports.

I just called to cancel and the girl told me something on the lines of "it has already been sent to warehouse and about to go out"

She told me once it is in that state I can no longer get a refund. I told her to try anyways because I knew it would be released until next week.

She said "I will try to send an email to the warehouse to cancel it."

[quote name='DaBadGuy']I just called to cancel and the girl told me something on the lines of "it has already been sent to warehouse and about to go out"

She told me once it is in that state I can no longer get a refund. I told her to try anyways because I knew it would be released until next week.

She said "I will try to send an email to the warehouse to cancel it."[/quote]why cancel? 54 bucks is good.

I took "advantage" of the situation with Newegg because I didn't get to live the H3 issue (I've just bought my xbox 360 5 days ago). I already had a preorder somewhere else (and got the preorder bonus disk).

I canceled my order with Newegg (doesn't reflect that in my order status yet), but I fear they will ship nonetheless. So this is what I will do:

a) If on the 20th Newegg delivers first, I will accept delivery and use my preorder in the other store for something else.
b) If they don't deliver on the 20th, I will get my preorder at the other store and refuse delivery.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Well, no matter how this goes down, it was $54 at Newegg so nobody is "dumb" or "stupid" for buying Mass Effect from them. They have some good prices on alot of games, so even if we don't get the game till the 20th, we got it for less that most retail sports.[/QUOTE]

defensive. I said "are any of your truly stupid enough to believe you'll get this shipped this week?" Not that you are "dumb" because of buying at newegg. I just think it sucks for a company like newegg to have to deal with people refusing shipments because they assumed they would be getting something before a release date. I said it for the halo "deal" and I'll say it again, they aren't going to risk any potential problems it would cause by shipping before street date.

I sould've known better and not ordered from Newegg. I wasn't aware of the whole Halo 3 fiasco, but it seems clear that Newegg is doing the same thing for Mass Effect to garner more sales.

I called up to cancel and at first the lady wouldn't cancel saying that it's in the process of being shipped and it was to late. I then firmly pointed out that she just told me the game would not be shipped out until the 20th. She then cancelled the order.

I'll buy Assassin's Creed for now and just wait another week for ME.

I cancelled my order yesterday and it's still not showing up as cancelled on their website, I may have to call back and bitch at them.

Regardless of everything mentioned here, I feel this is a very shady business tactic by Newegg. There should be a disclaimer on the page stating the release date of the game. I would look at it and think the same thing....Its in stock, ready to ship out and I should have it in a few days..... Shady....

[quote name='Apostle22']Regardless of everything mentioned here, I feel this is a very shady business tactic by Newegg. There should be a disclaimer on the page stating the release date of the game. I would look at it and think the same thing....Its in stock, ready to ship out and I should have it in a few days..... Shady....[/quote]Newegg is not doing any shady business tactics.

Well I just got off the phone and apparently now everyone at Newegg's CS department is aware that Mass Effect will not ship from Newegg till Nov. 20th/21st.

And on top of that they've changed the status on the website to reflect "pre-order" instead of "in-stock".

They supposedly also canceled my order and refunded my credit card. But it hasn't reflected on the live order status screen. Fun times! And now to craft an "executive CS mail bomb" letter (which is not an actual bomb but rather a mass mailing to the executive branch of the CS division).

I called to cancel my order today because of everything listed in this thread, however the customer rep assured me that this was not a pre order and that the order has been processed and sent to the warehouse. She said I will get a confirmation today that it should ship. I told her others were mentioning that this was a pre order not shipping till the 20th and she said those that got there order in before 11/9/07 the order would ship this week, anyone ordering after 11/9/07 would have to wait till the 20th. Who knows if she knows what she was talking about but im going to wait another day or two before i cancel my order in hopes it really does ship

bread's done
Back