Mass Effect Newegg in stock @ 53.99

No one in this thread is going to get Mass Effect early from Newegg. They will never get any pre-release earlier than the official street date.

[quote name='y2julio']Newegg is not doing any shady business tactics.[/QUOTE]
I concur. If anything, the folks at Newegg are simply being stupid about how they list videogames w/o release dates. They really should follow the preorder method that other retailers use, or at least post a disclaimer regarding release dates.

[quote name='wolve']I concur. If anything, the folks at Newegg are simply being stupid about how they list videogames w/o release dates. They really should follow the preorder method that other retailers use, or at least post a disclaimer regarding release dates.[/quote]Well Newegg's official policy is that they don't do pre-orders.

[quote name='y2julio']Well Newegg's official policy is that they don't do pre-orders.[/QUOTE]
Really? Apparently they list some upcoming movies for preorder. For example, Live Free or Die Hard (blu-ray).

Is their policy not to allow preorders on videogames specifically?

[quote name='y2julio']Well Newegg's official policy is that they don't do pre-orders.[/quote]

Based on the conflicting information available to their customer service representatives and anecdotal evidence in this forum, I think it is apparent that Newegg doesn't have an official policy when it comes to street dated video games.

Nonetheless, for all of those bashing newegg, this situation aside, it is a fantastic company when it comes to computer hardware and software. Their RMA program is one of the most forgiving in the industry, which is why I use them almost exclusively when working on new builds.

And like several "helpful" posters have pointed out, we should have known better.

[quote name='y2julio']Newegg is not doing any shady business tactics.[/QUOTE]

Listing an item as in stock, charging your CC, yet not shipping your order iimmediately after is shady.

What is "shady" is offering expediated shipping options when they are apparently unnecessary in this case, or at least in regards to getting the game on the release date.

I just had to cancel mine. I called a rep and asked why they just didn't have it for pre-order and she claims she was told that they were going to continue taking orders on it.

I'm guessing so they can drive up traffic to there site considering this isn't the first time they've done this.

Also It wasn't even hinted at that I would get a discount/booby prize of any kind for my trouble so meh.

not that I expected one, I once called to get the free newegg shirt that came as a combo deal with a product I bought and forgot to add to my order and the rep said he couldn't because I had already been charged. go-figure

[quote name='Damion']
I'm guessing so they can drive up traffic to there site considering this isn't the first time they've done this.

[/quote]

I think it has alot more to do with driving up sales figures than site traffic. Newegg is a very well known online retailer of computer hardware and software. It's only been in the last few years that they started selling console games, gaming consoles and accessories. When most people think of buying something from Newegg, games are usually the last thing that drives them there. Spend some time in any computer-geek forum and you'll see just how often Newegg is mentioned as the place for parts.

Glad they canceled my order I was able to find a copy locally today. Keep your eyes out stores already have them on the west coast

[quote name='empyrium']Glad they canceled my order I was able to find a copy locally today. Keep your eyes out stores already have them on the west coast[/quote]

where are you on the west coast?

For those of you that canceled, did it show up as canceled in your account now? When I called, the girl said she would "try" to have it canceled and I would get an email. No email and order status is still at stage 3.

[quote name='coalhalo']I think it has alot more to do with driving up sales figures than site traffic. [/QUOTE]

lol

yep, either way still a shitty way to do either.

[quote name='DaBadGuy']For those of you that canceled, did it show up as canceled in your account now? When I called, the girl said she would "try" to have it canceled and I would get an email. No email and order status is still at stage 3.[/QUOTE]

no not yet :(

[quote name='-GoodFella-']Listing an item as in stock, charging your CC, yet not shipping your order iimmediately after is shady.[/quote]

You being a fucking moron and trying to purchase something you're not supposed to have yet is being shady.

Newegg is the best retailer on the net. Don't get mad because lil timmy couldn't get his paws on a game before he was supposed to. Shame on the retards for not being patient.

[quote name='ranker']You being a fucking moron and trying to purchase something you're not supposed to have yet is being shady.

Newegg is the best retailer on the net. Don't get mad because lil timmy couldn't get his paws on a game before he was supposed to. Shame on the retards for not being patient.[/quote]

While I agree that Newegg is one of the best net retailers, I think they are partly to blame for the situation. Mainly I feel that they shouldn't list a product as "In Stock" when they can't sell it until a certain date. They should have a "Pre-order" button listed for that product until they are allowed to ship it. Futhermore I agree that you should not be charged if they're going to hold your shipment for over a week, Newegg should only charge your creadit card once they are ready to ship the item to you.

I was able to cancel my order no problem and Newegg reps pretty much agreed with everything I said above that's why the Mass Effect product page now shows a "Pre-Order" button.

[quote name='ranker']You being a fucking moron and trying to purchase something you're not supposed to have yet is being shady.

Newegg is the best retailer on the net. Don't get mad because lil timmy couldn't get his paws on a game before he was supposed to. Shame on the retards for not being patient.[/QUOTE]

So..I guess everybody that got the game early @ Kmart is a shady individual huh?

What part of "In Stock" and "Pre-Order" do you not understand???

I just went ahead and ordered it at Newegg. Even if they don't ship it until the 20th, it's still a good price! :) And I'll be busy with other stuff anyway... I don't have to have it immediately. That said, it'd be rad if they shipped it before it's "out". It said "in stock," nothing about pre-orders at all.

[quote name='coalhalo']I think it has alot more to do with driving up sales figures than site traffic. Newegg is a very well known online retailer of computer hardware and software. It's only been in the last few years that they started selling console games, gaming consoles and accessories. When most people think of buying something from Newegg, games are usually the last thing that drives them there. Spend some time in any computer-geek forum and you'll see just how often Newegg is mentioned as the place for parts.[/quote]Yup, All of my PC's that I have built have been from parts I bought @ newegg.com

[quote name='demented1']I just ordered it yesterday too. Reguardless of when it ships it is still a great price![/quote]yup!

bread's done
Back