Mass Effect (PC) - $5 at Direct2Drive Cyber Monday Sale

I agree it's quite a hog, but for $5 I'll still bite. I can always uninstall after beating it if I need the space back.

[quote name='Unicorntard']You need to use 30gb to download! Not worth the $5![/QUOTE]

Damn, was tempted until I read this. 30GB, WOW!!!!

Anyone think it'll go to $5 on steam sometime soon? Also, does the EA store pinnacle station content work with the d2d version of the game?

I don't think it is 30gb. I have the game on steam. I'm pretty sure it only took a few hours on my slow 1.5 m/s internet. 30 gb would have taken a week to download.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I don't think it is 30gb. I have the game on steam. I'm pretty sure it only took a few hours on my slow 1.5 m/s internet. 30 gb would have taken a week to download.[/QUOTE]

maybe 30gb minimum free space on hard drive, I really doubt game could be more than 10gb

[quote name='earvcunanan']I thought it was 15 GB needed to install?[/QUOTE]

It says 'Hard Drive – 15 GB (30 GB for Digital Download)"

Since its a digital download... its 30gb!

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']Does this have Securom? I heard the Steam version doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Under the Minimum System Requirements it lists 'Internet Connection', so I assume this is the Securom version.

ESRB Content Descriptor: Rated M for Blood, Language, Partial Nudity, Sexual Themes, Violence.

Mass Effect Download Features

* Experience a rich and engrossing story where your choices decide the fate of a galaxy.
* Engage in emotionally charged interactions with the most realistic digital actors ever seen in a video game, using an innovative new dialog system.
* Immerse yourself in an incredible new adventure from world-famous masters of the RPG; BioWare.
* Stunning high resolution graphics for PC.
* Optimized GUI and controls for PC gamers.
* Dominate the battlefield with new individual squad member command system.

Mass Effect Download Minimum System Requirements

* OS - Windows XP/Vista (FAT 16/32 File Systems not supported for Digital Download)
* Processor – Single Core: 2.4 GHz or faster / Multiple Cores: 2.0 GHz or faster
* Memory – XP: 1.0 GB RAM / Vista: 2.0 GB RAM
* Hard Drive – 15 GB (30 GB for Digital Download)
* Video Card – 256 MB with Pixel Shader 3.0 support*
* Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
* DirectX - Version 9.0c October 2006 (included)
* Input - Keyboard, Mouse
* Internet Connection

Mass Effect Download File Size
7.16GB
Version
Publisher
Electronic Arts

Known Issues
*Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon X1300 XT or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

the space requirement is taking into account the fact that you'll need double the space for the installation. Half for the initial installation files then the other half for the installed game. Once you're done you can delete the installation file.

30gb really isnt that much, 1TB [1000gb] HDDs sell for about $100 any day of the week.

Lame. I bought it, but I can't download it because it says that they're restocking keys. So, it tells me to try again later.

You are also able to get the Pinnacle Station expansion pack from EA store for free wtih Wendy's coupon. Got the tip from SD.

I picked this up and got that free. Hopefully they work with each other.

[quote name='ruibing']You are also able to get the Pinnacle Station expansion pack from EA store for free wtih Wendy's coupon. Got the tip from SD.

I picked this up and got that free. Hopefully they work with each other.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I'm downloading finally and the manager says it 7.16gb

[quote name='ruibing']You are also able to get the Pinnacle Station expansion pack from EA store for free wtih Wendy's coupon. Got the tip from SD.

I picked this up and got that free. Hopefully they work with each other.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded Bring Down the Sky and did the Wendy's deal for Pinnacle Station. Both work without a hitch, no prob, and I even installed to my data drive rather than the OS one. At least they show up in the game menu and install correctly..I haven't actually played much yet.

Played the X360 game about 1.5 times, but this is worth it to me to try it on PC and play the DLC for free!

Sorry for the newb question, but will this run on an intel GMA950 integrated graphics chipset? I don't want to put down $5 and wait a week for it to download only to find out the hard way... :/

[quote name='Justme8800']Sorry for the newb question, but will this run on an intel GMA950 integrated graphics chipset? I don't want to put down $5 and wait a week for it to download only to find out the hard way... :/[/QUOTE]

I doubt it... integrated cards never seem to do well...

Try http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

But for $5, it's not a terrible risk...

[quote name='Justme8800']Sorry for the newb question, but will this run on an intel GMA950 integrated graphics chipset? I don't want to put down $5 and wait a week for it to download only to find out the hard way... :/[/QUOTE]
No.

Well I'm glad I checked this thread even though I already own the game. Thanks!

Heard this pack wasn't worth it but I'll give it a shot. Still need to finish my PC playthrough before ME2 comes so I can import a save (doubt this DLC will have any impact on ME2 though).

[quote name='V878']Well I'm glad I checked this thread even though I already own the game. Thanks!

Heard this pack wasn't worth it but I'll give it a shot. Still need to finish my PC playthrough before ME2 comes so I can import a save (doubt this DLC will have any impact on ME2 though).[/QUOTE]

Aye. I got it for free and did it once. Will never do it again.

BDtS however is one of the better side missions in the game and I look forward to it on my 2nd run.

This was on Steam for $10 a few weeks back, so it probably won't be on sale there again for a while. If you don't have it and can run it, there's no excuse not to buy this game for $5.

Anybody else unable to register their key code? This is a little annoying - who do I contact for help? The forum?

[quote name='nikkai']Anybody else unable to register their key code? This is a little annoying - who do I contact for help? The forum?[/QUOTE]

I can't do it either... came to this thread for the very same thing because I'm trying to download the Bring Down the Sky add-on. Yet, I haven't installed the game. I'm wondering if you we need to install the game so our keys get placed into Bioware's database so it will get recognized. I say this because D2D was getting some new keys together yesterday because they ran out due to all the downloads.

That's what I'm thinking - I installed the game already and no go. Maybe I'll just wait a day or so. No rush to start the game.

[quote name='nikkai']That's what I'm thinking - I installed the game already and no go. Maybe I'll just wait a day or so. No rush to start the game.[/QUOTE]

Ok, i can register my key now. You should try too!

Bought this, it works fine, but I didn't know it doesn't support the 360 gamepad on PCs. Probably wouldn't have bought if I had known :p

I'll give it a try, I'm just not a big fan of the keyboard + mouse configuration.

[quote name='sergioalb64']Bought this, it works fine, but I didn't know it doesn't support the 360 gamepad on PCs. Probably wouldn't have bought if I had known :p

I'll give it a try, I'm just not a big fan of the keyboard + mouse configuration.[/QUOTE]
I can maybe understand liking a controller for the user interface better, but I honestly can't understand how, given the option, someone would play an FPS with joysticks instead of a mouse.

As a matter of fact, I still remember the first time I used a "mouse look" game. It was the original Rainbow Six, and I remember it being a little difficult to aim for maybe five minutes. The first joystick FPS I played was Goldeneye, which had massive autoaim and didn't have vertical aiming at all, and that took a good two hours to get decent at.

I don't mean to bring up the whole argument here, I just assumed that console FPS players were satisfied with their control scheme, but never thought someone would turn down mouse look.

[quote name='Alkaline']EA released a deauthorization tool found here:

http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/[/QUOTE]

Only if you have access to the system/build still. If you rebuilt your rig or uninstalled without running the tool, you're kinda out of luck unless you want to pay $10 for a new key. :/

[quote name='Esoteria']I can maybe understand liking a controller for the user interface better, but I honestly can't understand how, given the option, someone would play an FPS with joysticks instead of a mouse.

As a matter of fact, I still remember the first time I used a "mouse look" game. It was the original Rainbow Six, and I remember it being a little difficult to aim for maybe five minutes. The first joystick FPS I played was Goldeneye, which had massive autoaim and didn't have vertical aiming at all, and that took a good two hours to get decent at.

I don't mean to bring up the whole argument here, I just assumed that console FPS players were satisfied with their control scheme, but never thought someone would turn down mouse look.[/QUOTE]

I found myself preferring the 360 controls. ::shrug::

Anyone have problems installing this? I get to the part where I enter my code, and it just says installation canceled.

bread's done
Back