Mass Effect Trilogy Help

raarar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (100%)
I need help. I bought the Mass Effect Trilogy for ps3 on the cheap awhile back and it's almost up in my backlog, but I have a dilemma. I have played and beaten part 1 before. But it was on the 360. I never played 2, and I beat 3 (then replaced it in my backlog with the trilogy) but still need to do the DLC. Do I start from the beginning or.......?

The experience is definitely enhanced by playing through the games in order on the same character. That said, since ME2 is the best game in the series and you've already played the others, you might want to just go straight to 2. Then after that, do an entire trilogy run on a new character. :)

I personally thought ME2 was the worst of the series, so I'd say start with ME1. I've got an unpopular opinion, though.

If you start with the second game, get the DLC "Genesis." It's a comic book format that lets you pick all the important choices from ME1 and import them.

ME1 isn't very long. I would recommend just replaying it, maybe follow a guide to run thru it quicker. I think ME2 is just marginally better than 1, but greatly better than 3. ME needs more Mako!

Start from the beginning. I played them through one by one as they came out on Xbox 360, but again when the trilogy came out on PS3.

The experience was a lot better back-to-back-to-back because I could actually remember all the choices I made and get all the references.  However, I will say that ~180 hours straight of Mass Effect was a lot of Mass Effect.

Start from the beginning...it plays much better that way.  Plus ME1 doesn't take very long at all if you dont go for all the side quest junk

I personally thought ME2 was the worst of the series, so I'd say start with ME1. I've got an unpopular opinion, though.

If you start with the second game, get the DLC "Genesis." It's a comic book format that lets you pick all the important choices from ME1 and import them.
Just curious, what made you think that Mass Effect 2 was the worse of the trilogy?

Just curious, what made you think that Mass Effect 2 was the worse of the trilogy?
I'm more of a story-focused gamer than a gameplay-focused one, so the way ME2 was set up was just...annoying to me. It's just repetitions of "get this character, do their loyalty mission." In the first and third games, the plot advances naturally, with a slow buildup to the finish and one thing threading into the next. The second game is basically ~20 hours of recruitment and loyalty missions before a suicide mission that goes by very quickly (and can actually be done risk-free, which still seems ridiculous imo). I felt like I'd wasted all that time.

[SIZE=11.6667px](Not to mention, I didn't feel terribly drawn towards wanting to save Joker in the first place...)[/SIZE]

I will say, though, that the controls were vastly improved from ME1.

I felt like I'd wasted all that time.
It's funny, to me it's the exact opposite. The best and most important thing about Mass Effect, to me, is the characters and their stories and their interactions with Shepard. The overall plot with the Reapers is cool too but waaay less interesting. So for an entire game to basically set that to the side, and focus entirely on character interaction, was like a dream scenario.

bread's done
Back