Mass Effect Trilogy Out (BESTBUY) PS3

Can someone post information about the package when they get it?

Does ME1 play off the disc or just install the whole game into the HDD?

[quote name='theking20']Next gen will probably have a HD collection for all current gen games, which is hilarious since games are already HD[/QUOTE]While the series already looks pretty good, its framerate & texture pop-in could really benefit from some additional horsepower.

[quote name='Smashbro29']I'm seriously pissed at this DLC fiasco. I'm not touching Mass Effect until I can get ALL the DLC and the games in one neat package. I'm not gonna play something good and miss important pieces of the plot because I'm not made of money. Plenty of games to play without having to pay for important story bits.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much in the same boat as you. Waited this long to play the series, might as well wait until they do a complete collection.

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Ill wait until next black friday, should be $9-$19 by then. I have enough of a backlog to hold me until then at least[/QUOTE]

I had the same exact thought, no rush for me.

Glad I still have 3, and I owned 2 with all the DLC. I'll just get 1 from PSN, and grab a cheap copy of ME2 used somewhere.

I'd buy the trilogy, but the only way I'd come out ahead was it costing less than 40 or 30$

wow that is exciting, ive been waiting years to play these games... oh wait ive beat them all already. My bad.

The fact that they are charging $60 bucks for this is laughable. It is in fact a horrible deal.

[quote name='Kenshindono']*sigh* this trillogy is really a joke. As someone who adored the first Mass Effect, then watched as my favorite series got worse and worse in the hands of EA: I gotta say its a slap in the face that this supposed complete trillogy is missing pretty much all the DLC. Especially for 2! Shadowbroker is friggin critical to the plot and they dont include it?

fuck you EA, just FUck you[/QUOTE]

It's in there. Why don't you know what you are talking about before you speak.

ME2 is the same as the PS3 stand-alone release. Meaning it has all story DLC save for Arrival.

[quote name='Havok83']No it didnt. The PS3 version had most of the DLC, not all[/QUOTE]
Ya, I noticed, that's why I edited it to "story" DLC, but I must have finished the edit between you clicking reply and submit, otherwise my post would of shown as edited.

I hate that Best Buy...I actually hate both(the other one by Ingram mall) but more so the other ha, the customer service man I swear..

There are some impressions on NeoGAF. It doesn't sound terrible, but it does require a full install like other download-on-disc games.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='takotchi']There are some impressions on NeoGAF. It doesn't sound terrible, but it does require a full install like other download-on-disc games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this!

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']so....has anyone pick this up? im looking for input on how mass effect 1 runs on ps3[/QUOTE]

Visually I feel as though it is running much better than it did when I played it years ago on 360. The frame rate still drops, but not nearly as much. There are still some hiccups in the visuals during cut scenes, but they seem better, and I may be crazy, but the textures seem much better. Unfortunately, the loading times still suck, and when it auto saves the game pauses, but those were issues on the 360 as well, and basically that was just left untouched. I would call it a slightly superior version to the 360 version. If you have never played ME1, but you have played ME2 or ME3 on the PS3 you will probably feel like the game is clunky, but it is simply a lazy port. Take the opportunity to appreciate having the entire trilogy because each game is different, and I think they all have extremely high points and extremely low points. Technical issues were the big bummer of the first game. The second game just felt like a part 2 and was more concerned with setting up the last game. It also started to move away from RPG, but I liked the gameplay of ME2 the best. ME3 felt like a full on action game. Story was flying by, almost everything RPG was gone.

Story ME1>>>>>ME2>ME3
Gameplay ME2>>ME1>>ME3

It's really too bad they didn't take this opportunity to improve the menus or make any other enhancements to the game. Would have caused me to purchase and play it again.

[quote name='SuppaMan']It's in there. Why don't you know what you are talking about before you speak.

ME2 is the same as the PS3 stand-alone release. Meaning it has all story DLC save for Arrival.[/QUOTE]

Maybe YOU should know what you talk about before you speak you moron. Its been pretty much confirmed that the 360 version has basically nothing for ME2 other than the stupid Cerebus Network. I'm not sure what the PS3 version has but im sure they're skipping out on some stuff. Hell from the official page:

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer. On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3. Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available at a later date.

Thats IT. Hell even ME1 doesn't include what the platinum hits version came with. Thats insane. Bioware/EA are totally screwing over the fans. Maybe you should do a little research before making such a stupid post. Bioware has just gone to complete crap since they got bought by EA. Mass Effect 1 was their last good game, and as a huge fan of the first one, im very disappointed to see such a worthless collection

[quote name='Kenshindono']

Thats IT. Hell even ME1 doesn't include what the platinum hits version came with. Thats insane. Bioware/EA are totally screwing over the fans. Maybe you should do a little research before making such a stupid post. Bioware has just gone to complete crap since they got bought by EA. Mass Effect 1 was their last good game, and as a huge fan of the first one, im very disappointed to see such a worthless collection[/QUOTE]

qfmft

but to be fair to bioware everything EA has touched has pretty much turned to shit. The only EA games I like are Deadspace, Burnout series and if it even counts as an EA game since they dont support it, Mirrors Edge. That reflects rather obviously in my game collection which doesn't have very many EA titles in it.

The DLC is not really needed. The only one that mattered was the day one DLC for ME3. I probably will buy this eventually since I get to play the first game on PS3 just to complete the platinum collection for the series.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Maybe YOU should know what you talk about before you speak you moron. Its been pretty much confirmed that the 360 version has basically nothing for ME2 other than the stupid Cerebus Network. I'm not sure what the PS3 version has but im sure they're skipping out on some stuff. Hell from the official page:

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer. On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3. Information on PlayStation 3 DLC will be available at a later date.

Thats IT. Hell even ME1 doesn't include what the platinum hits version came with. Thats insane. Bioware/EA are totally screwing over the fans. Maybe you should do a little research before making such a stupid post. Bioware has just gone to complete crap since they got bought by EA. Mass Effect 1 was their last good game, and as a huge fan of the first one, im very disappointed to see such a worthless collection[/QUOTE]

Except were in a PS3 thread talking about the PS3 version. Don't try to backtrack and change your story.

I thought this thread was about the PS3 Version of the Trilogy and not the 360. :lol: I'm sure Suppaman did his research on both versions, otherwise he wouldn't had replied.

Anywho, DLC for PS3 for anyone who doesn't know.
Bring Down the Sky (on-disc)
Cerberus Network
Kasumi - Stolen Memory (on-disc)
Overlord (on-disc)
Lair of the Shadow Broker (on-disc)
Mass Effect 3 Online Pass

bread's done
Back