Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

to anyone ordering from newegg, be advised that theyre awful... i was a part of the halo 3 fiasco... long story short, i tried cancelling and they WOULD NOT cancel my order, they said i had to be home when the delivery came, and refuse it so it got sent back and THEN id get my money back... i wasnt home and was stuck with a legendary edition i didnt want, their customer support is awful and most of them have no idea what they're talking about. one guy GUARENTEED me that my shipment would be out the day i ordered, 4 hours later a girl told me there was no way that they could send out, then an employee told me that ups had it, while ups said that the company still had it, it was a mess, and id never do business with newegg again... buyer beware

i got mine just a few minutes ago. registered here just to say that im scared shitless to play it in fear of the ban hammer. what are your thoughts?

aen there wont be a ban, there was none for halo which was the most hyped game ever, its not the players fault that stores are stupid...

[quote name='aen']i got mine just a few minutes ago. registered here just to say that im scared shitless to play it in fear of the ban hammer. what are your thoughts?[/quote]

haha, unplug your xbox from the interwebs? I wouldn't worry too much though, Microsoft didn't ban any of the people who had Halo 3 early.

For those in Central Illinois - KMart in PEKIN, IL had one copy left after I left the store about 30 minutes ago! I bought two copies. If you CALL they will reserve a copy for you. They did for me anyway. Good luck!

the reason hes asking is beacuse there have been some stories of people's accounts being suspended after playing the limited edition of Mass Effect on Live.

[quote name='Ockto']Nothing in Chicago so far and the stores had mention they been getting a lot of calls in about it so we are SOL son of bitch..[/quote]

Did you try the suburban areas? If you did and I don't have it I'm SOL.

And to those idiots who complained about selling it for a profit- screw you. Like the site's title says, I am a cheap gamer and I like to save money or make money whenever I can. Hell I might just buy one to play it since I probably won't be able to resist.

Geez the pricks these days.

My wife is on her way home with the last copy at the Indiana, PA Kmart. Funny enough, she's the one who ran out the door as soon as we found a kmart with one in stock.

Hi, For anyone in SoCal, I tried calling a bunch of stores in San Diego, Riverside, and Orange Counties and none of them had it. The trend seems to be more of an east coast vs west coast thing. Maybe we'll have to try later this week on the West Coast

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Just finished the Prologue and to this point the game is fantastic. Presentation is outstanding, graphics are great when on a planet. Overall things feel very polished.

The action is very different from KOTOR, but the conversation system still feels as deep.[/quote]

Sorry for going off the record and the potential double post, but is Shepards VA crappy? Since the dialogue system is a cool part of the game I would be ticked if Shepard VA sucked. I'm asking because in the trailers he seemed a little bland.

[quote name='sp00ge']My wife is on her way home with the last copy at the Indiana, PA Kmart. Funny enough, she's the one who ran out the door as soon as we found a kmart with one in stock.[/quote]

Dude, you got a cool wife

[quote name='asif5th']Dude, you got a cool wife[/quote]

Funnier still, I KNOW she's going to commandeer the 360 for the next month now.

[quote name='karaethon']Hi, For anyone in SoCal, I tried calling a bunch of stores in San Diego, Riverside, and Orange Counties and none of them had it. The trend seems to be more of an east coast vs west coast thing. Maybe we'll have to try later this week on the West Coast[/QUOTE]

I can tell you why. Its because in order to release a game on a certain date they need to ship out the first batches to the east coast/midwest before sending out the shipment for us West Coast folks.

Just a heads up Bay area caggers, toysrus does have them in the back at most all the stores. Kmart has nothing, Walmart nothing, and Bestbuy in the back as well. I spent a good hour or so on the phone calling up every place I could think of. Target wouldnt tell me if they had it in stock. Something about competitors or something.

both of the springfield(IL) stores are out, the one on wabash didn't pick up the first time i called, then i tried again about half an hour later and they'd just sold the last one. The one on clearlake just didn't have it, so the guy told me.

I did, however score the last one in decatur, IL- sorry.

[quote name='shimz']yeah Maki I'm in the bay area as well...keep us posted.
do you think toysrus would sell it early?[/quote]

Possible. If you can get them to look on the website and see they are actually for sale now, they may budge.

Shimz: no i don't think so. Toysrus is dreadfully afraid of the repercussions of selling a game before street date. (insert mega roll eyes)

[quote name='Chroma914']Which KMart is this? The one off of Street Road?[/quote]
Sorry was busy playing. :p The one in Mayfair off Route 1 and Cottman Ave.

[quote name='atatpilot3']Wait, what in the world is the logic behind that? You don't want people to take advantage of a broken street date because it might tighten the restrictions on future street dates? What's the good of future early releases if we're not supposed to be trying to buy them?

Edit: Also, for all you San Diego CAGs, I called the Chula Vista K-Mart and they don't have it. Didn't bother with San Ysidro or Ramona since there's no way I'm making it out to either place today even if they did have it.[/QUOTE]

negative on san ysidro and ramona by the way... looks like no dice for socal

Just tried the Westland, Garden City and Livonia MI Kmart stores - no luck. Two of the three even stated they were getting calls about it.

Although, the woman at the Livonia one did help me sort through the games (the xbox and 360 games were all mixed up and games were hidden behind other games), but to no avail.

I checked the Gainesville, FL store and had no luck. I also checked the pharmacy for the 20% off coupon book and they didn't have that either. Oh well.

I love how these people are guaranteeing shipment on Monday. Seems some people don't realize Monday is a federal holiday.

[quote name='Jesu']People that just like action games like Halo will not understand this game. People that enjoy story and interactivity in their games (like Shenmue) will love the shit out of this game. Many games have promised the ability to make choices and see the effect of your choices but this is the first game to deliver on that promise.[/quote] I love Shenmue one of my favorite games, but Kotor I played it was good, but the fighting was a little to slow for me. So I doubt I'll really like this. If it had any Shenmue type element I would love it, but I know it doesn't I think that was a bad choice of a game to compare it to.

I just picked up the last unreserved by phone copy of mass effect from the lansing, mi store.

I know this doesn't really help anyone, but if you're on the fence about checking your Kmart, go now because you might get lucky and find a copy.

[quote name='DrAlejandro']negative on san ysidro and ramona by the way... looks like no dice for socal[/quote]

Yeah, seems to be that way. What a bummer. Maybe we're just a day or two behind? ;)

[quote name='Bazz']I love Shenmue one of my favorite games, but Kotor I played it was good, but the fighting was a little to slow for me. So I doubt I'll really like this. If it had any Shenmue type element I would love it, but I know it doesn't I think that was a bad choice of a game to compare it to.[/quote]

From what I've seen, its more real time than KOTOR but not as real time as Jade Empire. So it should be a good mix of strategy and shooting.

I was just pwnd hardcore at the Boca Raton, FL Kmart.

They had only one copy and when he scanned it, got the "DO NOT SELL UNTIL 11/20" message. He said there was nothing he could do.

So either KMart just updated their inventory system or I was just very unlucky.

[quote name='atatpilot3']Yeah, seems to be that way. What a bummer. Maybe we're just a day or two behind? ;)[/quote]
Yet it's being confirmed in Colorado whih isn't that far away. Maybe by Tuesday it will pop up. I have checked the West Covina and Diamond Bar locations and neither had any idea (or concern) about what I was talking about. Place is a dirt hole so I didn't espect much from either location.

No luck at the Kmart in Clovis, CA. They also only had only a handfull of PS3 games and no consoles, sucks because I was planning on picking one up with the 20% off coupon.

[quote name='phantompower']No luck in Maryland:
  • Frederick
  • Gaithersburg
  • Silver Spring
  • Hagerstown
  • Crofton
  • Sykesville
Even Herndon, VA.

No luck.[/quote]
Damnit... i read somewhere that the crofton had some... crap...

ANY WORD IF THE ONLINE STUFF IS GOING THROUGH?

[quote name='somahead33']Yet it's being confirmed in Colorado whih isn't that far away. Maybe by Tuesday it will pop up. I have checked the West Covina and Diamond Bar locations and neither had any idea (or concern) about what I was talking about. Place is a dirt hole so I didn't espect much from either location.[/quote]I must have missed it, what locations in Colorado have been confirmed?

so... didn't a lot of you preorder the collectors edition? i just assume you'll cancel? i guess a lot of people are buying it to sell on ebay but every time i try to do that i just end up opening it and playing.

Most of the kmarts in 40 mins radius from Williamsburg, VA don't have it. Still checking around some other ones.

scored one at my Kmart. downriver area of MI seems to be pretty well stocked. the kid was just pullin it out of the box when i asked

[quote name='phantompower']No luck in Maryland:
  • Frederick
  • Gaithersburg
  • Silver Spring
  • Hagerstown
  • Crofton
  • Sykesville
Even Herndon, VA.

No luck.[/QUOTE]

Add Greenbelt to the list

Definitely check other stores in your areas, guys. I went to the Benton Harbor, MI Target (no K-mart within an hour had a copy) and they had a box of Mass Effects in the back, but wouldn't sell them to me. That doesn't mean you couldn't get lucky at another store, though.

Got owned at the NE Philly KMart - a dude in front of me bought the last copy. However, got lucky at the Feasterville, PA Kmart, as they had 2 copies!

anyone got a "shipped" order yet from any of the online guys?....mine still says processing at wamart, heard the same is going for newegg as well.

bread's done
Back