Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

So after failing at one Palm Beach County Kmart, I scored at another after debating with the electronics manager over whether Mass Effect was a MMO or not. He wholeheartedly believed it was, but conceded in the end and hooked me up with a copy despite knowing he shouldn't be selling it.

You, sir, are a true gamer and gentleman. Thank you for hooking a brother up.

[quote name='untouchablemike']I have a copy of Mass Effect, and am willing to sell it, for a little bonus for my efforts. I have no problem waiting for the game.[/quote]
PM Sent.

Does anyone know when TRU will receive this game in stores? The rep I spoke to couldn't confirm a release date, or if they would carry it at all (TRU isn't big on stocking M games).

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Anyone finding this in the Portland, OR area?[/quote]

whats up fellow PDX cag. i called 5 k-marts last night and none of them have it. so far it seems like no-one on the west coast has it. i also stopped by the TRU at J-Beach and nothing...

Has anyone got this from anywhere other than a K-mart? There is no K-mart near me (Northern Louisiana). Update: Just checked Toysrus, Target, and Walmart and none of them had it.

Someone from GAF got a copy from Wal-mart.

No luck in any of the Maryland stores I have been to. Frederick employees refuse to check in back.

lol, just called the last k-mart in the pdx oregon area and she was all like "yeah, we didnt get that yet... but you're like the 15th person to call today and my manager looked in the ad for next week and its not listed so we dont really know whats going on."

K-mart must be wondering "WTF" haha.. gotta love the power of teh internet!

Honor? haha. I think selling it on eBay is a little filthy, but that is america for you. I just wish I could get my hands on a copy this early

Hey I just got it in Dayton, Ohio at a local KMart...they had one copy left when I was leaving around 7:00 and it was pretty well hidden in the display case...it was laying flat with another game being displayed above it and you cant really see it unless you look hard...just letting anyone know that is in the area...

Toledo,Ohio Kmart on Lagrange had two copies left.

Bought one of them.. the clerk asked why everyone was coming in for it.. she smiled.. with two teeth.. and scanned and sold it to me.

Now on to playing it :)

Found mine in Janesville, WI. Had three copies -- the first one I left the store with had a mangled back insert from manufacturing, so I went back in and swapped for a fresh one. So... as of a couple hours ago, they had two copies left, though the mangled one might've been pulled (or perhaps discounted?).

Thanks CAG!

no luck at the kmart at louis-joliet mall in IL (nor at the target across the street, the toys-r-us behind it, or the walmart or target down the road on 59) on saturday nov 10

[quote name='cucinotta']what road was the dayton one on?[/quote]

Umm it was the one in Xenia...im not sure what road that is exactly because im not from around there...does that help at all?

Had three copies in store at the Ellisville, MO K-Mart, but they had fallen forward and the sticker on top saying "Do Not Sell till 11/20/07" and the clerk saw it and wouldn't sell it to me. But he did put it right back into the glass case so it might be possible if someone went in and a different clerk was there that they might sell it to you.

[quote name='fazzle']Just got one from the K-Mart in Wilmington NC. Yay![/QUOTE]

fuck, I was just there a few minutes ago and they had nothing.

You must of got the only one. :cry:

Why are people saying there's no chance the online stores are gonna ship? My wal-mart order is still telling me 11/13-11/14.

I checked 2 K-Marts today anyway (Lake Mary, FL and Winter Park, FL) and at the first one, someone was calling and having the employee look for it as I was looking, and at the second the lady thought I was the one calling them all day because she had no idea what this game was :lol:. Oh well, I reallllly want this walmart order to ship on Monday.

I got the game today. They had three copies at my Kmart. There was two guys there together who were looking for it too. We squealed like children when we saw it.

Photographic evidence:

[quote name='udryguy']Umm it was the one in Xenia...im not sure what road that is exactly because im not from around there...does that help at all?[/QUOTE]

That's where I got mine at! You aren't the dude in the green hoody with the buzzed hair, are you?

...im not sure why everyone is so excited. Not trying to rain on parades or anything, i just dont get it =/ my back log is huge anyways, hell, if they delayed this till 2008, i'd probably be happy since i may be able to finish everything on my damn plate before then! Doesnt anyone else feel like this?.. am i the only one with a backlog too large for my own good?

[quote name='mikebridge']no luck at the kmart at louis-joliet mall in IL (nor at the target across the street, the toys-r-us behind it, or the walmart or target down the road on 59) on saturday nov 10[/quote]

Sorry i got the last one at Larkin and Jefferson.

[quote name='reicaden']...im not sure why everyone is so excited. Not trying to rain on parades or anything, i just dont get it =/ my back log is huge anyways, hell, if they delayed this till 2008, i'd probably be happy since i may be able to finish everything on my damn plate before then! Doesnt anyone else feel like this?.. am i the only one with a backlog too large for my own good?[/quote]

Backlogs be damned. I have a TON of games to get to, yet they will be put in the back burner for some time as the wife and I have been waiting for Mass Effect since it's original announcement.

[quote name='reicaden']...im not sure why everyone is so excited. Not trying to rain on parades or anything, i just dont get it =/ my back log is huge anyways, hell, if they delayed this till 2008, i'd probably be happy since i may be able to finish everything on my damn plate before then! Doesnt anyone else feel like this?.. am i the only one with a backlog too large for my own good?[/quote]
Not I. I just bought an XBox about a month ago. The only games I have are Bioshock, CoD2&4, and Forza/MUAlliance. I've actually been looking forward to ME due to KOTOR and watching all the IGN/Gamepot trailers for the game.

Nothing in any of the Atlanta K-Marts that I went to and called. Checked a couple of TRU's, and no luck there either. Called a couple of Targets too. SOL I guess. Split up the stores between me and my buddy.

Went to K-marts in :
MABLETON, GA 30126
MARIETTA, GA 30062
DORAVILLE, GA 30340
MARIETTA, GA 30062
DOUGLASVILLE, GA 30135
Called the remaining 6 around Atlanta

Went to the TRU & Target in Douglasville and called about 6 or 7 more Targets.

Yes, we really wanted to play this one! Yes we have lots of time on my hands. Yes gas is expensive. And yes, we've had a very long day :(

[quote name='Threepw00d']Nothing in any of the Atlanta K-Marts that I went to and called. Checked a couple of TRU's, and no luck there either. Called a couple of Targets too. SOL I guess. Split up the stores between me and my buddy.

Went to K-marts in :
MABLETON, GA 30126
MARIETTA, GA 30062
DORAVILLE, GA 30340
MARIETTA, GA 30062
DOUGLASVILLE, GA 30135
Called the remaining 6 around Atlanta

Went to the TRU & Target in Douglasville and called about 6 or 7 more Targets.

Yes, we really wanted to play this one! Yes we have lots of time on my hands. Yes gas is expensive. And yes, we've had a very long day :([/quote]

Dang man sorry to hear.. I guess people in my area don't hit up CAG or just don't have the dollars. Had about 7 copies total in the two Kmarts in the city I visited. Topeka, KS.

I called three KMarts in the Los Angeles area and nothing. Sad panda here. :(

I'm quite envious of those of you that got a copy. If anyone grabs an extra please message me. My gamertag is gamingangel. ^_^

[quote name='lawl']Why are people saying there's no chance the online stores are gonna ship? My wal-mart order is still telling me 11/13-11/14.

I checked 2 K-Marts today anyway (Lake Mary, FL and Winter Park, FL) and at the first one, someone was calling and having the employee look for it as I was looking, and at the second the lady thought I was the one calling them all day because she had no idea what this game was :lol:. Oh well, I reallllly want this walmart order to ship on Monday.[/QUOTE]

lol that was me on the phone at lake mary I'll bet. that guy had me on hold forever looking for it.

[quote name='lawl']Why are people saying there's no chance the online stores are gonna ship? My wal-mart order is still telling me 11/13-11/14.

I checked 2 K-Marts today anyway (Lake Mary, FL and Winter Park, FL) and at the first one, someone was calling and having the employee look for it as I was looking, and at the second the lady thought I was the one calling them all day because she had no idea what this game was :lol:. Oh well, I reallllly want this walmart order to ship on Monday.[/quote]

I received a back order email today from walmart... stating that they didnt know when my game would be ready to ship. The site still says the 13th though... so meh. Will probably cancel if it doesnt ship monday.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']fuck, I was just there a few minutes ago and they had nothing.

You must of got the only one. :cry:[/QUOTE]

The weren't in the case. They were still in the shipment box behind the register in the electronics section.

I was JUST at KMart buying a DS Lite... I wish I read this thread. I'm pretty sure I didn't see any Mass Effects behind the glass though. Definitely making another trip tomorrow.

[quote name='Demontooth']I wonder how many people who wouldn't have bought this game bought it because they found it two weeks early?[/QUOTE]
That's the only reason I looked for it, I have next to no interest in this game, however playing it early might have made me like it more :lol:

[quote name='comeonman']any luck in New York?[/quote]

Previous posters have stated none in NYC..... Me and my friends tried upstate ny, Orange County, Dutchess County and Albany nada :cry:

[quote name='BigMastadon']I received a back order email today from walmart... stating that they didnt know when my game would be ready to ship. The site still says the 13th though... so meh. Will probably cancel if it doesnt ship monday.[/quote]
Do you mean it still says the 13th on your order status page or the product page? I've yet to recieve a single email about my order but it's still showing processing on my order status with a 11/13-11-14 date.

Maybe they actually sold through all of their copies before you ordered because I ordered almost immediately after this thread was posted.

[quote name='flatliner718']Previous posters have stated none in NYC..... Me and my friends tried upstate ny, Orange County, Dutchess County and Albany nada :cry:[/quote]

Damn That sucks. Waiting when people already have the game is not fun :cry:

[quote name='fazzle']The weren't in the case. They were still in the shipment box behind the register in the electronics section.[/QUOTE]

Aw, shame on me for not thinking about that.

Thanks though, I'll check back in the morning and see if there's any still left.

If anybody doesn't want a copy, please PM me for a possible trade. I have CoD 4 up for grabs for a copy of Mass Effect. Anywbody? Anybody? :)

[quote name='Demontooth']I wonder how many people who wouldn't have bought this game bought it because they found it two weeks early?[/quote]

I was buying it from the start after playing KOTOR and knowing the same team is making Mass effect.

Thanks for the heads up everybody. I work at the KMart in Cabot, AR. Sure enough, I come in to work this evening and found 3 copies behind the glass case, so I've pulled them until I get confirmation that I can sell them.

In KMart's case, most street dated products are flagged in the system and my hand scanner tells me when I am able to sell them, but nothing came up when scanning Mass Effect. No clue what's happened.

bread's done
Back