Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']
I suggest just go down there and look. I called a friend of mine a little earlier tonight back home in CA, and the douchebag called KMart. Or course, they had it (he lives in Marin County) [/quote]

Wait you live in CA and they actually have stock now? I didn't hear any reports of anyone being successful in CA yesterday?

I can't imagine that they'd receive stock and put it out on a Saturday...

[quote name='karaethon']Wait you live in CA and they actually have stock now? I didn't hear any reports of anyone being successful in CA yesterday?

I can't imagine that they'd receive stock and put it out on a Saturday...[/quote]
No no, you misread. I grew up in CA, Sausalito to be exact. I live in NC now. Anyway, I called my friend last night after I picked it up here in NC and he called KMart near him. He asked the guy to see if they had it, he said they did but he couldnt sell it until the 20th. I have no idea if it was on the shelves or not and neither does he as he never went and only called.

Instead of quoting just a piece of my post (I mentioned I didnt know it was on the shelves in the first place) read the whole thing.

Anyone in Texas have luck finding this? The nearest Kmart is a 90 mile drive from Austin to Killeen, and I'm not going unless I'm 100% positive they have it. I called the store there yesterday and the operator who was trying to direct my call to electronics went and looked for the game after she saw that my call had not been answered in 10 minutes. I don't think she looked hard enough though, because the time between when she went to look for it and when she told me they didn't have it was pretty short. Also, everytime I told her that I was looking for Mass Effect, she couldn't understand what I was trying to say
Me: I'm looking for Mass Effect for the Xbox 360.
Her: WHAT!? Mask Defect?
Me: Mass effect
Her:..Mask Effects?
Me: M-A-S-S Effect. Mass- E-fect
Her: ...ok, and what's that for?
Me: Xbox 360
*Click*

I might call again today, but I don't wanna go through that whole scenario again.

3 yesteday morning at the Jersey City Big Kmart on Route 440. Went back yesterday afternoon to pick one up, and got one of the two I saw left. GL.

[quote name='Guttersnipe']Anyone in Texas have luck finding this? The nearest Kmart is a 90 mile drive from Austin to Killeen, and I'm not going unless I'm 100% positive they have it. I called the store there yesterday and the operator who was trying to direct my call to electronics went and looked for the game after she saw that my call had not been answered in 10 minutes. I don't think she looked hard enough though, because the time between when she went to look for it and when she told me they didn't have it was pretty short. Also, everytime I told her that I was looking for Mass Effect, she couldn't understand what I was trying to say
Me: I'm looking for Mass Effect for the Xbox 360.
Her: WHAT!? Mask Defect?
Me: Mass effect
Her:..Mask Effects?
Me: M-A-S-S Effect. Mass- E-fect
Her: ...ok, and what's that for?
Me: Xbox 360
*Click*

I might call again today, but I don't wanna go through that whole scenario again.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean! I called and the lady asked, and I quote, "How you spell that?" Not only was it improper grammar but I could only make out every third word she said. She put me on hold for about 6 minutes or so and then another associate came on and asked, "What are you trying to order now?" I about tinkled in my pants because it was like an SNL skit or something. I was tempted to say, "I is trying to order that done there video games for the Xbox." But I got lazy.

[quote name='lawl']Do you mean it still says the 13th on your order status page or the product page? I've yet to recieve a single email about my order but it's still showing processing on my order status with a 11/13-11-14 date.

Maybe they actually sold through all of their copies before you ordered because I ordered almost immediately after this thread was posted.[/quote]

Its still showing the processing on the order page as 11/13-11/14. I ordered almost immediately also... so I really doubt I missed it. Too bad Sears isnt selling these early... lol. I'd snag one up with my associate discount in a heart beat.

Ok we all know that everyone in the East has been able to find it, there are at least 300 posts stating so. Could we please lay off those and start posting anyone West of Colorado finding it? :)

Picked one up in Hialeah, Fl. Had about 2 copies left, the lady who rang me up mentioned that she was suprised how many people were coming in and buying it, i wonder why ;)

2 left in Willimsburg, VA. Picked one up right now although he did notice the do not sell sticker, I had to finagle my way around it saying I used to work at kmart and that this might be a "soft release" since I heard the computer can still allow you to sell it. He checked it on the computer and we were set ^^

Figured I'd give it a shot as I was out to the Mall area today anyhow. Not in stock at the Altoona location--did see a number of crackdown boxes with the orange DO NOT SELL sticker, which I found kinda funny.

Haven't found any in southern Ohio or in Eastern KY. Going to go to another Kmart to hopefully find it. Has anyone found it in southern Ohio or in Eastern KY?

Doubtful anyone will find it today, this is similar to the bioshock deal at toys r us, after the first day its gonna be a no go.. im assuming kmart got some email or something of that nature stating not to sell it..

Anyone find a copy in Rhode Island/Massachussetts area? Most Wal-Marts and K-Marts in the Providence are telling me to call back Sunday/Monday.

I got a copy at the Kmart on Elizabeth in Pueblo Colorado. It was behind the counter in a box and they gave it to me when I asked, though they didn't seem to know if they were allowed to do so. I also got the 20% off from the copied pharmacy coupon. total cost $47.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Doubtful anyone will find it today, this is similar to the bioshock deal at toys r us, after the first day its gonna be a no go.. im assuming kmart got some email or something of that nature stating not to sell it..[/quote]

Assuming KMart has caught up to the age of email. ;)

My KMart looks like throwback to the late eightes, which also corresponds to the average age of their employees.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Doubtful anyone will find it today, this is similar to the bioshock deal at toys r us, after the first day its gonna be a no go.. im assuming kmart got some email or something of that nature stating not to sell it..[/QUOTE]
"Doubtful" is doubtful. Big K is by rule one of the dirtiest, worst-organized, most poorly run retailers in the nation.

I'm interested in a report from the Charleston, SC region. Anyone had luck around there?

Anybody seen any copies in the Kansas City area? I checked the K-Mart on 119th and Black Bob and the one on Metcalf but no luck.

I just ordered it from Toys R Us website so I'll let ya'll know if I get an e-mail back saying it's going to ship this week. Also, has anyone ordered mass effect from Toys R Us yet?

[quote name='Neorub']Picked one up in Hialeah, Fl. Had about 2 copies left, the lady who rang me up mentioned that she was suprised how many people were coming in and buying it, i wonder why ;)[/quote]

Kmart?

[quote name='dc20willsave']I looked all over Dayton for one today. Guess I should have just been more on my game.[/quote]

There was a store in southern ohio/dayton where I got mine...

I got it last night at the KMart in Xenia...there was one more copy sitting in the case when I left last night around 7

[quote name='tenzor']anyone have any luck in Southern California?[/quote]

If anyone has, they haven't posted about it. We seem to be out of the loop for the time being.

[quote name='troll_tracka']newegg.co sent me a email saying my card has been charged and will ship soon . i assume the dont charge your card on preorders am i right
?[/QUOTE]

from what happened with halo 3, they charged early and then stated that they shipped-- but your delivery date will be on or after Nov 20th more than likely.

[quote name='atatpilot3']If anyone has, they haven't posted about it. We seem to be out of the loop for the time being.[/quote]

Exactly. I tried a couple stores here in AZ but nothing.

P.S. Kmart has got to be the scum capital of the world, other than Wal-Mart of course. I don't mean to be a snob but dude I need a shower after that horrifying experience.

Just went to k-mart in hialeah fl, ran out. It was funny I think i saw a fellow CAG there as he was looking for the game 2. The woman was like "no tengo ma" which in translation is... "ran out".

Damn it. Looks like gamestop will get my reservation for the game.

Also called Toys R us in Hialeah and the dude was like the game comes out November 20th. We can't sell the game till that date. :(

[quote name='jdough']Anybody seen any copies in the Kansas City area? I checked the K-Mart on 119th and Black Bob and the one on Metcalf but no luck.[/quote]

Nope...I live in Overland Park and I went to both.

I even went to about every electronics store in the overland park/some of Kansas City area just for the hell of it.

Turned up empty handed..

Oh well, I'm getting Mario Galaxy on Monday, then Assassin's Creed the next day. I just have to go 1 more day with nothing to play.

[quote name='Pck21']Exactly. I tried a couple stores here in AZ but nothing.

P.S. Kmart has got to be the scum capital of the world, other than Wal-Mart of course. I don't mean to be a snob but dude I need a shower after that horrifying experience.[/quote]

I completely agree. . my kmart was empty.. at like 7 at night. with only employee's cars there.. its really depressing in there..

Anyone got any confirmation of shipping? I wanted the limited edition but didn't want to pay for the additional shipping and get the game late at the same time (need this one in before the break, great time for a game like this). If I could get this thing shipped regular today I stand a good chance at recieving it around the same time I could walk in and grab it.

[quote name='abhinav']God i hate Kmart. My trip to that hell hole was horrible and i don't like trips back to the 80's.[/quote]

No joke, I just got out of the shower after returning from "Sparta" as I like to call it. That's the first and last Kmart I will ever go to. At this point I don't care if they get 1,000 copies of Mass Effect and sell them for $10.00, I won't go back.

Sold out here :(
And I have to agree, a trip to kmart definitely warrants taking a shower afterward. As far as superstores in my area go, Target > Walmart > Kmart.

I forgot to ask this, but has anyone actually bought one in a Wal-Mart or TRU? I know they are listed online, but I don't know if the physical retail stores are selling them as well?? Or Target?? Anyone??

Kmart is worse than a 3rd world outdoor market, with shit spattered all over the grounds. The employees are brain-dead and couldn't tell their thumb from their ass.

[quote name='grimbler']Sold out here :(
And I have to agree, a trip to kmart definitely warrants taking a shower afterward. As far as superstores in my area go, Target > Walmart > Kmart.[/quote]

Dude Target beats out all of those by a WIDE margin. I would actually suggest:

Target > pig poop > cleaning porta-potties with no gloves > public school lunches > Wal-Mart > used diapers > wetting the bed > Kmart.

But hey that's just my opinion.

[quote name='RudyPants']So, I hate to try to sway this topic back onto topic, but has anybody found anything lately?[/QUOTE]Sounds like a dead deal. Everywhere I've called has mentioned that they're out - one store, a guy came in and bought every copy. What a jerk (unless he's mailing those copies around to others who couldn't get in).

[quote name='lowe0']Sounds like a dead deal. Everywhere I've called has mentioned that they're out - one store, a guy came in and bought every copy. What a jerk (unless he's mailing those copies around to others who couldn't get in).[/quote]

I have to agree. it sounds like we're beating a dead horse now. Either they have sold out or some stores got wise and took them off the shelf. It was fun while it last though :applause:

No luck in Greenville Sc. Tried 2 kmarts and a Toys R Us, though a TRU employee said it would be in this week.

I called Toys R Us and they said they didn't have it in stock, so I assume most TRU will say the same thing

bread's done
Back