Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

[quote name='xxaznxmattxx']sorry, it was the one at taunton near the galleria mall[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. I saw MCvDC at Easton Target but it was like $34.98 i think.

My BB in my area has had some pretty good clearances in the past ($5 new games), but nothing good lately. If I find any markdowns though I'll post and see if anyone is interested.

10 copies of Fear 2 360 in Worcester, MA Target for $24.98. I might have to buy a 360 just for the deals.
360 50cents $34.98. Left 4 Dead $34.98, Smackdown 09 $?

Wii Tiger Woods All Play 09 $24.98

Checked Stoughton Target yesterday. No R&C or GT5 even though it showed 4 in stock. I also had the associate check the stockroom.

The only stuff on clearance was overpriced Wii and DS shovelware, a copy of leftover copies of GH3, and some Fear 2 (Xbox 360) for $35.

Went to Wal-Mart and K-Mart in Fall River today. K-Mart had 3x DDR Universe bundles at $12 and several of the RockRevolution and GH Aerosmith/III bundles. Wal-Mart there had probably 15-20 of the classic controller glove/2000 point Wii cards for $15, and two brand new GC Platinum systems for $49.00, as well as some PS2 Singstar bundles down to $19.99

Is that small game store in the Garage at Harvard Square still around? I swear I've been in that mini mall multiple times without ever seeing it.

theres Newbury comics at the Garage that sells some games...and also Tokyo Kids that has a small selection of old games, but its more of an anime store

[quote name='xxaznxmattxx']theres Newbury comics at the Garage that sells some games...and also Tokyo Kids that has a small selection of old games, but its more of an anime store[/QUOTE]

I haven't bothered going into Tokyo Kid for a long time but in regards to CD's they use to only sell overpriced Son May and EverAnime bootleg soundtracks as legit for pretty steep prices.

So even though its harder to sneak by bootleg games, etc. In case you do go there be away that there may be some boots if you are checking out any "import" dvds, soundtracks, figures, etc.

I will be honest that I have been in Tokyo Kid for a couple of years now so maybe they cleaned up.

The used/retro game kiosk at the Garage has probably been gone for 5+ (maybe even 8) years now. Huge bummer. Tokyo Kid doesn't carry much if anything in the way of games anymore, as well.

RE: the Watertown Target CE deals. I snagged Madden/Head Coach for $20 (33% off $30) during that sale. About as much as I'd be willing to pay for it. Most of the good stuff was gone by the end of that day.

p.s. there was a clearance sighting of the elusive Lips 360 mics bundle at South Bay Target for $25. Not there now. Keep your eyes peeled.

I'm going to be out in western MA for a month for my summer camp job at Smith College. Anyone know of some good stores to check out in that area?

[quote name='hopeunknown']I'm going to be out in western MA for a month for my summer camp job at Smith College. Anyone know of some good stores to check out in that area?[/QUOTE]

Northampton? That's by me. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Does anyone want an xbox 360? I think I'm going to sell mine because I don't have LIVE so I never play it. Always playin the ps3.

I'd prefer to sell it locally to avoid shipping costs and figured I'd check here first before I throw it on craigslist.

It's got a 20gb HDD, wireless controller and a headset I never used, battery pack and quick charge battery pack charger. Barely played because I never subscribed to live and then bought a ps3. Here's my CL listing
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ele/1242870507.html
I wrote $200 on there but I'd be willing to give it to someone on here for like $150.

Last edited by a moderator:
edit: 360s been sold. managed to get $200 for it off craigslist.

are there any good places for pc games? like mom and pop type places?

Has anyone been to the Seekonk Speedway Flea Market? If so, how is it and do you really have to get there at 6 am?

went to Toysrus a few and they had nothing i want as expected the game like casual ds junk , some sports games army mens kids wii, sega sambo game, wii The Tale of Despereaux wii for all the games are $10.00

Blockbuster on Rt 20 in Marlboro is going out of business and selling off everything.

New release DVDs for $9.99
all other DVDs for $3.99
Blu-rays as marked
Video games for $19.99 (didn't see anything special)
TV seasons for $12.99

Holyoke, MA TArget had these notable games, prices Sunday night:

Warhawk (GH) 1 copy $7.48 on clearance rack
Damnation $14.98 (a couple copies) behind the glass
Monsters vs Aliens $14.98 (multiple copies) behind the glass

I didn't think there were many people from Mass on here. I've been hunting for clearance stuff carefully whenever I've had the chance to but haven't seen much lately.

Hey Mass CAG'ers. I'm new to Mass and I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on some mom and pop stores that sell video games? I live about 10 mins North of Boston. Thanks for the help!

Hey all, Somerville, Ma checking in.

Marshall's in shopper's world has Madden 09 for 19.99 new (compare to 29.99 for it at best buy 3 doors down)

Blockbuster in Brookline on Harvard st had some Blu Ray and used PS3 games, some 2-5$ cheaper than Gamestop's used prices. Supplies are limited. Cheap Chic on Harvard ave in Allston has TONS of PS2 games for dirt dirt cheap, and used systems.

some one give me a shout with any stores local to Somerville/Cambridge worth note.

The Toys R Us in Dedham is closing (potentially moving somewhere else?), and there's a 20-40% off deal on everything in the store with the exception of a few items. I was there yesterday, the videogames section was pretty picked-over except for a lot of crappy Wii and PS2 titles. Also, all point cards retailed at full price as far as I could tell.

I considered buying the $500 Lego Millenium Falcon at a discount, but snapped back to reality and ran out to the car as fast as I could. It was a close call.

Bernie's in Auburn is closing. Not much there right now, discount only goes to 12% on most items but I'm sure in a few weeks they will have mostly everything 30%+ off. I'm gonna wait the few weeks because most of the stuff there now is overpriced anyways but never hurts to look. I picked up a Blu-Ray player for $100

Has anyone seen a copy of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time for the DS in any stores around you? I wanted a copy to bring to PAX but it's apparently impossible to find!

CEX at Downtown Crossing (Boston) has a pretty good selection of used games and DVDs. they have good prices as well. Just take the green line to D.C> and it is right next to gamestop so you can compare but i have MUCH better luck at CEX

Yeah, I've been to the CEX a few times when I'm around Downtown Crossing, but every time I go there, the lines are so long I say screw that. LOL. Prices are okay. Also if on the Green Line, you would want to get off at Park Street stop.

I have a ton of ps1, n64, ps2, and gamecube games I'd like to donate locally. Does anyone have some suggestions as to a good charity? Child's play unfortunately only takes new items.

[quote name='caedeskhan']I have a ton of ps1, n64, ps2, and gamecube games I'd like to donate locally. Does anyone have some suggestions as to a good charity? Child's play unfortunately only takes new items.[/QUOTE]

What do you have? Maybe you can donate some to me? :D

i saw in the video game deals section someone posted a new game store opened in a few walmarts, and one was in a walmart in worcester i was wondering if anyone has checked it out and can let the rest of us know how it is, i dont wanna waste a trip from RI if it sucks there thanks

[quote name='Azarius']i saw in the video game deals section someone posted a new game store opened in a few walmarts, and one was in a walmart in worcester i was wondering if anyone has checked it out and can let the rest of us know how it is, i dont wanna waste a trip from RI if it sucks there thanks[/QUOTE]

Was in that Walmart last week. They have a game trade-in store to buy/sell used games. I did not venture in but it was fairly small and did not appear to have a large selection. So probably not worth the trip from RI, unless you have other business in Central MA.

thanks for the heads up, i know in other parts of the country the distance from RI to there is less than some peoples one way commute....but hey im from RI lol

hey just wanted to tell you guy's about a game store in salem. The store is called Game Zone it's at 270 Essex street the phone number is 978-744-2630 the store has some good prices and a lot of retro games.

Anyone know of any Mom and Pop stores that sell games early? I live near the border to NH so the cities like Andover, Haverhill, Lawrence, Methuen, and Salem.

[quote name='caedeskhan']This thread is pretty deserted at this point, but where are people planning to go for Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to Amazon.com...

bread's done
Back