Massachusetts' Cheap Ass Gamers Topic!

Kidtrunks1128

CAG Veteran
I've noticed over my time here at the forum that one of the largest problems is trying to locate where the deals exist. I recently had a problem locating an existing deal in my area, Massachusetts. So I propose this topic is for Massachusets Cheap Ass Gamers who want to help and can request it here. Here we go!d by

So far I've found that the Circuit City in Natick has the really cheap prices. What I mean is I've bought both Breath of Fire V and Freaky Flyers for $7 each.

I've checked out the Circuit City in Braintree, and they too have Breath of Fire V for around $7, although I don't know what other deals they have.

Target in Westboro has some cheap titles, although their selection is dominated by newer releases. I was able to pick up Summer Heat Beach Volleyball for $5.23.

I'm heading to the Marlboro Target tomorrow to see what they've got. I heard someone was able to purchase Arc the Lad for $5. If this is true, and I can find it, I'll be extatic.

For all the Cheap Ass Gamers in Massachusetts, let's give eachother a big hand. Thanks.

Anyway, to the moderators, if this topic doesn't belong here please move it.

I don't even know of any used game shops besides the other corporate suspects: FYE, Newbury Comics and Blockbuster.

CEX sounds cool but Boston's a pain in the butt for me. I usually stick to PlayNTrade in Walpole and GameCrazy in Dartmouth. I prefer stores in the burbs.

RC

used game store in downtown salem, ma. They also do game rentals and used dvds. cant remember the name but its on the same st as the army navy store.

another one in revere. I think it is called A.C's cards ...... on the main road that goes from broadway to the beach.

Does the Crazy Jim's (I think that's what it was called) store in Malden still exist? I remember going a couple of years ago and the guy had a bunch of old NES/SNES/Genesis stuff along with some of the newer stuff.

I live in Malden and never heard of Crazy Jim's. Was it on Salem Street because there was a game store there that went out of business a few times and different ones kept opening up there.

You might want to try AC's in revere. I found Nights for the saturn there for $8 mint and they still have a decent amount of old games.

[quote name='encendido5']Does the Crazy Jim's (I think that's what it was called) store in Malden still exist? I remember going a couple of years ago and the guy had a bunch of old NES/SNES/Genesis stuff along with some of the newer stuff.[/quote]

He's gone (at least from where he was in Malden Ctr) and its for the best. He was a rip off artist.

AC's in revew is pretty good. I haven't been there for years, but I drive by there quite a bit so I know its still there.

I cannot think of any other small game stores. If anyone else knows of any mention them.

[quote name='encendido5']Does the Crazy Jim's (I think that's what it was called) store in Malden still exist? I remember going a couple of years ago and the guy had a bunch of old NES/SNES/Genesis stuff along with some of the newer stuff.[/QUOTE]

They moved a few years ago but I'm not sure if they're still in bussiness.

There's Game Universe that opened up last year or so. I've only been there once, and it was a while back, but they had a whole bunch of games. I'm pretty sure the store still exists and is functional. It's along Rt. 9 in Framingham.

Hi, I live in RI but I'm near MA. Does anyone know about Bob's Video Games in Fall River? Do they have some good deals? Do they carry old-school games like NES? Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I was up in Salem NH yesterday (Theres one in Nashua as well) and the closing CompUSA seems to have dropped their games another 10% so all games PC and Console are 30% off. While the selection might be thin there might be gold hiding in them shelves!

I had my hands on a 120 gig 360 HD but still could not pull the trigger on that overpriced accessory.

Peace
DCHAD:cool:

[quote name='[email protected]']Hey Guys,

I was up in Salem NH yesterday (Theres one in Nashua as well) and the closing CompUSA seems to have dropped their games another 10% so all games PC and Console are 30% off. While the selection might be thin there might be gold hiding in them shelves!

I had my hands on a 120 gig 360 HD but still could not pull the trigger on that overpriced accessory.

Peace
DCHAD:cool:[/quote]

I was there maybe a month ago, nothing interested me for 10% off at the time, but 30% is tempting.

Anyone have any tips on a place to find a 360 Elite? I've been calling everywhere and it's starting to drive me mad. I live in Boston proper, but I'm definitely willing to hike for it. Thanks!

[quote name='EXStrike']There's Game Universe that opened up last year or so. I've only been there once, and it was a while back, but they had a whole bunch of games. I'm pretty sure the store still exists and is functional. It's along Rt. 9 in Framingham.[/quote]

This place still does exist. They do have a decent amount of older stuff.

Hey guys Watertown MA Best Buy had a pretty good 50% video game clearance...

Here were a few highlights

Call of Duty 4 LE - $35
Assassin's Creed LE - $35
Madden 08 (Cube) - $15
Mario Kart DD - $15
Dynasty Warriors Gundam - $30
Video game chair (w/speakers) - $20
Battalion Wars 2 - $25

among others

[quote name='caedeskhan']Hey guys Watertown MA Best Buy had a pretty good 50% video game clearance...
[/quote]

Wait... you didn't go to the North Attleboro Best Buy? EVERYONE in New England goes there. IXI Dragunz IXI says so. :roll:

That one is a little too far for me...I know there was some decent stuff there but I figured that the rest of you would pick it over...

I mainly go to Dedham, Braintree, and Watertown.

Hollywood Video in Mass Ave in Arlington is closing and everything is 30-40% off including new games. Not great pickings but they do have plenty of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner which is $13.99 after the 30% off which I think is pretty good for a Shin Megami Tensei game.

I checked out A.C.'s in Revere and found a copy of Dragon Warrior VII for $5. Not bad at all. Case was kind of fubar and the manual looks like someone spilled something on it, but both discs were in pretty good condition.

Their prices weren't bad either. I saw No More Heroes for $45, and Dragon Quest Swords for $40. Not bad of a discount for pretty new releases.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Hey guys Watertown MA Best Buy had a pretty good 50% video game clearance...

[/quote]

I've been there recently and haven't seen these games around. You know if they place these all in a corner or somewhere?

Was in the Kingston, MA Best Buy today and got a nice deal on an external hard drive in case any of you are looking for one.

Western Digital myBook Home Edition - 750GB - eSATA, Firewire 400, USB 2.0 - $161.99

It was on clearance and the BB website still lists it at $279.99!

Here were a few highlights

Call of Duty 4 LE - $35
Assassin's Creed LE - $35

^
Hey man, mind pointing out where you saw COD LE for 35? was it in the regular xbox 360 section or somewhere near the registers up front?

[quote name='dopa345']Hollywood Video in Mass Ave in Arlington is closing and everything is 30-40% off including new games. Not great pickings but they do have plenty of Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner which is $13.99 after the 30% off which I think is pretty good for a Shin Megami Tensei game.[/quote]
Is that the one next to game crazy?

[quote name='drthkid']I checked out A.C.'s in Revere and found a copy of Dragon Warrior VII for $5. Not bad at all. Case was kind of fubar and the manual looks like someone spilled something on it, but both discs were in pretty good condition.

Their prices weren't bad either. I saw No More Heroes for $45, and Dragon Quest Swords for $40. Not bad of a discount for pretty new releases.[/QUOTE]

That's where I used to go for all my used games.

............ before I found CAG.

[quote name='dragonsho']Anyone know if there are any 80gb or 60gb ps3's for sale at any stores around the Boston area?[/QUOTE]

I think BJ's in Stoneham has 80gb ps3 bundles. Don't remember what the bundle was but it was $600.

[quote name='dragonsho']Anyone know if there are any 80gb or 60gb ps3's for sale at any stores around the Boston area?[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for the same thing but down around Bristol County.

RC

I saw the Newbury/Mass Ave BB yanking all sorts of old 360 games off the shelves yesterday (namely about 100 copies of Shadowrun). I asked the guy if they were going to clearance them, and he said they don't clearance anything at that store. Brilliant.

[quote name='lordwow']I saw the Newbury/Mass Ave BB yanking all sorts of old 360 games off the shelves yesterday (namely about 100 copies of Shadowrun). I asked the guy if they were going to clearance them, and he said they don't clearance anything at that store. Brilliant.[/quote]

This past Saturday I saw copies of Shadowrun in a 30% off bin at that BB. There were other games, but I don't remember them.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']CEX downtown has several copies of Blue Dragon for $18 (some are PAL, dunno if they work).[/quote]

Where is the CEX, exactly? I was downtown a few weeks ago and couldn't find it. I figured it'd be somewhere around the corner mall. I've been wanting to check that place out, I'll probably try it this weekend.

[quote name='EXStrike']This past Saturday I saw copies of Shadowrun in a 30% off bin at that BB. There were other games, but I don't remember them.[/QUOTE]

i believe the other games in the 30% off bin were

:360::ps2: The bigs
:360::ps2: NBA live 08

[quote name='Synergy']Where is the CEX, exactly? I was downtown a few weeks ago and couldn't find it. I figured it'd be somewhere around the corner mall. I've been wanting to check that place out, I'll probably try it this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Did you go? They might be in the process of shuttering, or they are changing signage. Walked by today while a crew on a truck were taking large sections down. Store wasn't open and the metal window grates were holding fort.

[quote name='rscaramelo']I'm looking for the same thing but down around Bristol County.

RC[/quote]
I actually found an 80gb at the KMart on Route 1 Saugus. They only had one left and it was just sittin in the display case on top of a 40gb. I would say check out stores like that since most people don't go there to buy consoles.

I don't think there are any gamerushes in MA at this time...I do believe Blockbuster is planning on expanding it though, so hopefully soon.

bread's done
Back