Matador Gored in the Throat Pics and Vid

I have more sympathy for the marine life (Seafood) we keep consuming and I wouldn't be Kalifornyan if I didn't mention the Chickens that we care so much about, even more than Gays.

[quote name='Afflicted']my problem with bull fighting....

even if the bull wins it still dies.

that makes it not a sport imo.[/QUOTE]

It was the same with the Aztecs. They were proud to win and die for their god.:D

I got the chance to go to a bullfight while I was in Spain for my high school Spanish class. We rooted for the bull every time, and even got to see one dude get launched into the air and carried out of the arena. Naturally, the next matador had to come in and finish the performance.

In case people don't know about bullfighting, dudes on horseback (picadores) come out before the matador enters and they poke the animal in the back with big-ass pikes to weaken the animal's back muscles.

Next, the banderilleros come out and poke decorated sticks into the bull's back (the sticks have large, barbed hooks to hold them in place under the animal's skin).

The matador then makes his appearance, taunting the bull with a large pink cape for a few minutes before switching it up to the smaller, red cape. By the way, bulls are color-blind, so they can't make the distinction between red or any other color (it's the motion of the cape and matador that they charge at).

After several passes with the muleta, the matador grabs his sword and attempts to strike between the should blades of the animal, thus penetrating the bull's heart and hopefully killing it. Some other dudes then come out and stab the bull in the brain and swirl the knife to make certain that it is dead.

The crowd, depending on how impressed with the performance, will petition the the president to award the matador with a piece of the bull (ears, tail). Also, I guess the crowd can grant the bull a stay of execution if they feel that he has peformed bravely. He'll go on to become a stud for future generations of fighting bulls.

I would love to go to Pamplona to see a bunch of macho idiots trying to outrun an 800-pound animal get fucked up and hauled away in an ambulance.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of you would have felt bad if Michael Vick was killed by a pitbull during one of his dog fights? None? Didn't think so. /thread

[quote name='Cracka']How many of you would have felt bad if Michael Vick was killed by a pitbull during one of his dog fights? None? Didn't think so. /thread[/QUOTE]

depends on how well he was playing......

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']This is why people should just play Red Dead Redemption to mess around with bulls, lol[/QUOTE]

which is fun until one of those sneaky rat bastard mountain lions kills your horse and then you.

[quote name='lokizz']which is fun until one of those sneaky rat bastard mountain lions kills your horse and then you.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I had two of those bitches gang up and eat a Stranger. Had to revert back to an old save. And lost the Challenge completion for knifing those fuckers in a blind rage after they ate the guy.

[quote name='Cracka']How many of you would have felt bad if Michael Vick was killed by a pitbull during one of his dog fights? None? Didn't think so. /thread[/QUOTE]

Would not have bothered me one bit.

[quote name='joeboosauce']Like many are saying here, these guys are torturing the animal and thus playing with fire. He reaped what he sowed. This is a horrible practice.
[/QUOTE]

This. Regardless of what else is going on in the world with animals, bullfighting is still wrong, end of story. The guy got what he deserved.

[quote name='Tony208']I was surprised they actually showed the clip on The Colbert Report.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I guess there wasn't any blood or gore (har har) but it was still pretty shocking. Colbert fucking rules btw.

bread's done
Back