Match the Best Deal you got with the Best (worst for you) Deal you gave

QiG

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
Sadly I'm not much of a bargain hunter, I don't hunt garage sales, and I don't recall anything past recent excursions, but I just picked up MGS:Twin Snakes for $9, and had the chance to buy God of War II for $15.99 a while ago due to mislabeling at FYE. Most money I've saved on a deal was signing up for a credit card and getting a 60gb PS3 for $350 when they sold for $600. I still regret not jumping on the $200 xbox 360 deal microcenter was having in early 07, but the RRoD epidemic consoles me when I think about it.

Worst deal for me (Best I've given out) is probably trading in MK2 for $8 (which I turned into a Green Day cassette tape) a week or two after it came out. Beyond that, I've lent (given) my friend a NES, N64, PS2 and about 50 games within the past two years and I am not expecting them back at all.

Best for me is probably a PS2 I picked up for $15 at a yard sale (not sure but I think it was 3 years ago.) It was beat to hell and even had some plastic cracked off but it worked and is still going strong. *knock on wood* I wasn't able to test it at the yard sale so I really didn't know if it was truly going to work. The guy selling it assured me it worked fine, lucky for me he was being honest.

Worst deal is probably when I gave a ton of NES games to a neighborhood kid. The 'next-gen' consoles had been out for probably 4 years at that point but he was still playing the old stuff (I guess his parents wouldn't buy him a current console) so I let him have most of my stuff. I wouldn't really say I screwed msyelf but I probably would have sold it all for a couple hundred (maybe more) within the past few years if I had left it gather dust in a box. C'est la vie.

Best Deal? I don't really, however I have won lots of things from CAG's if that counts.

Worst Deal I gave? Selling my PS1 and a ton of games to a neighbor kid for $20 after I got my Xbox.

I have three that stand out for me...

I got a sealed NES Legend of Zelda for $15 BIN on eBay once.

A few years ago I got a SEGA Astro City 29 with Street Fighter II: World Warrior for $23 locally...

160930840_49baf7cda9.jpg

Then I got a Tekken Tag Tournament arcade machine for two pairs of old shoes I had... lol..

Got a copy of FFVII black label for $5, MGS: Twin Snakes for $5, then a bundle
of FFVII, FFVIII, Parasite Eve, Legend of Dragoon and Xenogears for $10/$2 each (all black label, mint/complete.. they smell of smoke but at that price the last thing in the world i'll do is complain). MIB Final Fantasy 3 for $35. Lufia/Lufia 2 (cart only) for $10.

The worst deal, way before I became a CAG.. Devil May Cry for PS2 at full price ($49.99).. Soul Calibur 2 GC Import + Freeloader for $70.. but it was awesome because I played SC2 (and beat it) several months before it hit the states.

I don't know what the best would be but the worst "deal" for me was lending my PS1 and all my games (except FFVIII for some reason) and a few of my SNES games to my cousin. Who proceeded to lose them.

Good:

Too many to think of - one that comes to mind.....4 new gameboy players at Kmart for $5 each that i turned around and sold for $150 each.

Bad : Selling new Digital Devil Sagas for $70

Best deals-3x DDR Mario mix for $50 total which I turned into $370, 3x $15 copies of Folklore that I turned into $70 & God of War Chains of Olympus, Black Label misprint version of FFVII for $6 (complete), & Mario RPG for $1​

Worst deals-GTA LCS (2.0 version) for Flatout here on CAG, trading many DC games to Ebgames for DBZ cards when I was in 7th grade :roll:

hmmm...bought a 20GB 360 HDD for $25 @ Kmart and then took it to Walmart and got a $107 gift card for it (yeah yeah, i know....)

used that best buy coupon twice a while back which gave you 6000 RZ points and then used those certs + a coupon to get the Sony DSC-W90 when it came out for $26

Picked up 2 Yamaha YSP-800s for $150 each on clearance from best buy and sold one for $300

Picked up a Westinghouse SK-32H520S 32" LCD tv on clearance from Best By for $276

Bought a yamaha YST-SW216BL 10" subwoofer open box from Best Buy for $60

Bad deals? sold my Dreamcast and Sega Master system :whistle2:(

Best deal(s):

*PS1/LCD Screen combo for $10 from Kmart
*ICO for PS2 for $10 from Sears
*War Of The Monsters for PS2 from Kmart for $5
*Futurama for XBox(complete) for $15(not quite phenomenal, but better than $30+ @ GS)

Bad Deals:

Selling my mint condition Atari 2600 with paddle controllers and about 100 games for $25(about 15 yrs ago to a friend of my one friend)

Trading all of my PS1 and Genesis games and selling the systems for $20 each(back when they were still 'current gen')

Too many more to list....:bomb:

i think markman had the best deal (for those arcade cabinets!) in my opinion!

anyways, i recently bought Star Wars Knights of the Old republic, FFX-2 both sealed at kmart for $2 each.

does freebie deals count? i once bought Bust a Groove 1 & 2 at EB about 2 or 3 years ago for $3.99 each. they were disc onlies. i was able to locate the cases through other EB stores but the clerks were unable to find the games, so i asked to buy the cases but they just gave it to me for free. around then the game was already rare and selling for high amounts on ebay. i sold bust a groove 2 last year for $100 used. i still have the 1st one.

umm what comes to mind..

Best: used Persona 3 for $9.95 complete w/ artbook soundtrack etc, pricing error and they gave it to me =)

Wrost: Phantasy Star Online for gamecube $5 (sold in a lot of 3 gamecube games that went for $15 total) I wasn't aware of the demand and just listed the lot of GCN games as "X Y and PSO"

took me awhile to think about this one. but the worst deal i've gotten was for Tony Hawk Proving Ground LE w/ the skateboard. i ended up paying $35 for it, when it was selling for $20 on ebay. i hated it so much i traded it to a cag that wanted it. its probably worth something in a year or 2 but i just didnt care. the f'in thing was huge too.

About to score a complete DDR: Mario Mix for $80. After my interest peaked this week and I looked into buying it, I'd consider that a damn good deal.

Best deals: Shining Force CD for $5, which I traded to my current significant other towards Panzer Dragoon Saga a looooong time ago.

Worst deal: trading FFVII to my ex for Super Mario 64.

Best deal: BlockBuster had a deal where if you trade in any 3 games, you can buy any in stock used game for $5. I traded in 3 $2-3 games that I got from Gamestop and picked up a mint/complete copy of Jade Empire LM. I hated the game and listed it on TGN... and some guy wanted it really badly and asked me to check his list. I declined his offer saying Ogre Battle was the only thing I saw but he listed it as having $60 value (which was right for the time) so it wouldn't be a fair trade for him. He sent a new offer saying he was ok with... and a week later, I had Ogre Battle in hand for less than $15.

Worst deal: I traded that Ogre Battle for... Grandia Xtreme w/ guide, which seemed like a good deal at the time consider they were selling for $30 each- but the prices on both have crashed since (they're now under $10 each).

That's karma, I guess. :lol:

Best:
Scoring 2 copies of FFVII for $5 a piece, getting Resident Evil 1 and 2 for ps1 from a guy in my fraternity who was graduating, and a copy of Intelligent Qube black label for 1.99

Worse:
Trading my DC system and all the game for money toward a GC. Should have kept the DC

Two, count 'em, two copies of DDR Mario Mix (game + pad) from the kmart across from where I work, for $5+tax each. Moreover, that was two different finds. One day I saw the first one and couldn't believe it and bought it, but that was all there was. The next day I went back and, lo and behold, there was another DDR Mario Mix sitting in a shopping cart of stuff they obviously pulled out from the back. It was $5 too. So, I pulled the pad out of the box and sold the extra copy of the game-only on ebay, and ended up being paid to take a copy of the game and two official dance pads. I gave them to my kids for Christmas, but I ended up being the one who loved the game most and eventually that turned into buying a PS2 and now all but one of the US PS2 DDR games and, recently, one Japanese version (DDR Supernova 2 JP), so in the end I guess it made me poorer, but hopefully fitter. :)

EDIT: Worst - getting rid of my TurboDuo years ago for a loss. Well, I presume it was a loss. I can't really remember what I got for it, but I'm sure now that it was a mistake.

[quote name='briansraregames']Best: Traded a 20GB PS3 around launch for:

MVC-004S.jpg

Worst:

When I had to sell it to pay taxes.[/quote]

Ouch:hot:

Can't think of a best deal, but worse deal was when I gave my friend my copy of FFVII to give me a ride to get Shadow Of The Colossus on release. I didn't think much of it back then since the game wasn't worth much at all, but now I regret it.

My Best Deal: A few years ago my friend gave me an Xbox with a bad disc drive. Only cost me $30 to get it fixed.

My Worst Deal: Selling My launch-day PlayStation and 10 games shortly after I bought my PS2 on launch-day. I don't remember all of the games but they were all black label and amongst them was MGS and SoulBlade.

Best: Buying 29 complete and boxed SNES games, some of which included Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Lufia I, Super Metroid, Donkey Kong Country, Secret of Mana, Metal Warriors, Pocky & Rocky I & II, etc. with complete SNES and Genesis systems for $225. Needless to say, I thought that was the best deal ever. :D

Worst: Trading in my entire SNES collection, which at the time consisted of around 40 games at Funcoland for around 80-90 dollars, and used that money to buy a spanking new Nintendo 64 and Blast Corps. :headache:

bread's done
Back