Matrix Trilogy - $23 /Ultimate Bourne Trilogy $25 [Blu-Ray Region Free] @ Amazon UK

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
NOTE: Price on cart will be lower than whats shown on the main page. Use this site for currency conversion: http://www.xe.com/

61MWbQ03UVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294

Credit goes to SlickDeals.net

-----------------

Add The Animatrix for another ~$10:

515tk%2BqErOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Animatrix-B...=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264748320&sr=8-16

------------

You can also add the Bourne Trilogy for ~$25 to save on shipping:

514Jn-AKBAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Bo...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1264748320&sr=8-2

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wklump']I bought the Bourne set from Amazon UK a few weeks ago and they play fine in a US PS3.

Great deals on Matrix, Ocean's, and Band of Brothers too. The Band of Brothers set is on 1-3 month back order though.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if they're still discounted, but Band of Brothers Blu was $29.99 at Costco around Christmas time, along with various other HBO Blu sets.

[quote name='karkyco']I don't know, but it's 18 pounds, so roughly $30, that's before shipping and before any deductions amazon gives you.

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to get the US release?[/QUOTE]

We don't have a limited edition do we?

[quote name='Mako1215']We don't have a limited edition do we?[/QUOTE]

LOL, sorry, I have no idea about that. I just thought it was a normal blu ray release of 9. It says PAL on the amazon page, but did you try that link someone else gave that lists which blus are region free?

my .02 on this and I can say that I've not yet ordered and foreign blurays but have been looking into them for a while.

Blurays are not pal or ntsc as such but I believe that any extras on the disc that are not in HD will probably be pal and not play right on a north american TV. Of course all dvds will be in pal and not work unless you have a dvd player that converts pal.

Also like mentioned earlier, some blurays are region locked to require a player from that region or have a players that is region free ( kinda believe these exist but not 100% sure ).

There are a few issues with foreign BRs, I have a few that absolutely refuse to play in any set top unit because of the SD studio logo at the start of the movie which is REALLY annoying. (since they play fine on a BR-equipped PC)

There ARE region free bluray players but they're pretty rare. The first was the LG BH200 combo (HD-DVD/BR) player, and there is a brand called Momitsu that made a few region free players but they apparently got in trouble as their recent units haven't been region free. There are a few Momitsu clones floating around, though.

Basically they're somewhat difficult to find but generally decent players if you find one that works.

goddamnit, thats like the 3rd time I have been wrong today...

Looks like the good, the bad, and the weird IS NOT region free. Heres to hoping I can cancel still.

fuck, I can't cancel now. Does anyone know if this is going to be a pain in the ass to return, since I have to return it overseas? I hope that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I also doubt Empress and The Warrior is region free, since Dragon Dynasty came out with it as well over here in NA.

Anyone interested in buying a region 2 The Good, The Bad and The Weird BLU ??? haha

[quote name='au7oma7ic']fuck, I can't cancel now. Does anyone know if this is going to be a pain in the ass to return, since I have to return it overseas? I hope that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I also doubt Empress and The Warrior is region free, since Dragon Dynasty came out with it as well over here in NA.

Anyone interested in buying a region 2 The Good, The Bad and The Weird BLU ??? haha[/QUOTE]

LOL I would list it on amazon or ebay, but of course note that it's region 2.

[quote name='wklump']I bought the Bourne set from Amazon UK a few weeks ago and they play fine in a US PS3.

Great deals on Matrix, Ocean's, and Band of Brothers too. The Band of Brothers set is on 1-3 month back order though.[/QUOTE]

Does you PS3 have the latest firmware update? I believe there was an update a few months ago that made some foreign Blu's not compatible with American PS3s.

[quote name='karkyco']LOL, sorry, I have no idea about that. I just thought it was a normal blu ray release of 9. It says PAL on the amazon page, but did you try that link someone else gave that lists which blus are region free?[/QUOTE]

Didn't see it listed. That's why I was asking.

okay...good news, I emailed them and they said they will cancel The Good The Bad and The Weird along with The Empress and The Warrior...here's to hoping my PS3 will play IP Man (DVD) and Red Clff (BLU)

[quote name='au7oma7ic']okay...good news, I emailed them and they said they will cancel The Good The Bad and The Weird along with The Empress and The Warrior...here's to hoping my PS3 will play IP Man (DVD) and Red Clff (BLU)[/QUOTE]

If you ordered the DVD version of Ip Man, that almost certainly will not play in your PS3.

[quote name='Squall835']If you ordered the DVD version of Ip Man, that almost certainly will not play in your PS3.[/QUOTE]

PAL DVDs region 0 (or no region) will play on any xbox 360. I have Silverchair's "Live from Faraway Stables" in PAL format region 0 and it works on my 360. I tried it on my PS3 and it was no go with the famous "This is PAL so fuk you" message.

[quote name='oasisboy']Does you PS3 have the latest firmware update? I believe there was an update a few months ago that made some foreign Blu's not compatible with American PS3s.[/QUOTE]
my ps3 is completely up to date and plays the UK Bournes just fine.

[quote name='Mako1215']Yea same here. I wanna know if there are differences. So tempted to pull on this.[/QUOTE]

No difference on Bourne, $30 shipped, can't beat it!!

[quote name='oasisboy']Does you PS3 have the latest firmware update? I believe there was an update a few months ago that made some foreign Blu's not compatible with American PS3s.[/QUOTE]

That sounds doubtful. Sony is strictly by the book when it comes to region coding. There is almost no way that Sony would release the PS3 without any built in region coding. If this was the case word would have spread like wildfire online about Sony releasing a region free blu-ray player.

Unless, the firmware update strictly blocked region free/0 discs which seems like more of a hassle then it is worth. Doubtful, once again that Sony would go through that much trouble.

Crap, I want to pull the trigger on these. I picked up the first Matrix a few months ago and I wish I hadn't so I could just have gotten this. Nice find.

Funny, I think The Godfather Trilogy is not in print over here anymore (I could be wrong, can't find it in stores or online retailers), but starting this week they are releasing them separately ( 1 & 2 at least). My Friend was going to buy Godfather 1 & 2 from Target are $20 each, but I went ahead and just bought them from amazon UK.

The Godfather: $24.38

The Matrix Trilogy: $23.03

The Bourne series: $24.38

shipping (northwest US): $8.06

Granted.. it saying it will ship in March, but It is not like I am in need of them now, now is my friend for that matter since he is getting the trilogy set for what he would of paid for the price of two of them.

On a off topic note... if I can. I recently discovered the Region free importing of Blu-rays on here and ordered the Battlestar complete series UK set for a cheap price of $150 bucks with shipping. Instead of the $185 Amazon US wants for the not so good packaging..man what where they thinking.. -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vx2']Godfather Triology is region free?[/QUOTE]

According to people that have bought the set and also on the product description it is all regions. I am finding that MOST Blu-rays do not have a Region protection on them (They shouldn't IMO).

The Bourne set says Region 2, but is said that it is also Region free. The Battlestar collectors series is another example of this.

I hope this helps.

I could send you a PM and let you know when it becomes avilable, but it may be awhile for it to arrive.

A lot of the blu-ray discs released overseas don't have region protection for some strange reason. The regions for blu-ray are much larger and fewer compared to DVD.

Also, the releases that get a double disc or other extras are pretty much barebones in other markets.

My Sin City blu from the Canada is the movie only. Not bad for $15 when I got it last year but then again for people who want the most feature loaded edition possible. This isn't it. I'd get the UK editions of Bourne so I don't have to deal with the new flipper discs or the overpriced US edition.

[quote name='edrom1271']Frpm what I understans it only comes with three discs unlike the "Ultimate" set that has additional ones...:hot:[/QUOTE]

No Animatrix or other discs like the US version.

[quote name='oasisboy']PAL DVDs region 0 (or no region) will play on any xbox 360. I have Silverchair's "Live from Faraway Stables" in PAL format region 0 and it works on my 360. I tried it on my PS3 and it was no go with the famous "This is PAL so fuk you" message.[/QUOTE]

Xbox360s are region free all throughout when it comes to DVDs.

Games though, no.

So it's like, PS3: Games RF, DVD/BD Region Locked
XBox360: Games Region Locked, DVD RF.

:roll: sigh

[quote name='ronin47']That sounds doubtful. Sony is strictly by the book when it comes to region coding. There is almost no way that Sony would release the PS3 without any built in region coding. If this was the case word would have spread like wildfire online about Sony releasing a region free blu-ray player.

Unless, the firmware update strictly blocked region free/0 discs which seems like more of a hassle then it is worth. Doubtful, once again that Sony would go through that much trouble.[/QUOTE]

The firmware made the PS3 choke easier on PAL format SD content on BRs; whereas before it sort of tried to play it now it just dies with a vague error... it's not really a region thing, they just tightened up how SD content plays, which they probably did as an end-run around region free imports. That said it still plays region free Blus, that don't have PAL SD content, just fine. But if you have a disc with like a movie studio logo in SD before the movie it'll error out.

Are you guys ordering from Amazon's Jersey Merchant (indigostarfish)? I was reading their terms and conditions, and it states:

"Items sold by us on the Amazon website are depatched from Jersey and can only be dispatched to locations within the UK (England,Northern Ireland,Scotland,Wales and all BFPO Addresses) and the Channel Islands."

I'm looking to import the Godfather trilogy into the US. (Also, are there any differences in the UK version compared to the US?)

[quote name='NeuronalState']Are you guys ordering from Amazon's Jersey Merchant (indigostarfish)? I was reading their terms and conditions, and it states:

"Items sold by us on the Amazon website are depatched from Jersey and can only be dispatched to locations within the UK (England,Northern Ireland,Scotland,Wales and all BFPO Addresses) and the Channel Islands."

I'm looking to import the Godfather trilogy into the US. (Also, are there any differences in the UK version compared to the US?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, one of my Blu-rays was from them (since it was the only seller) and I had no problems, amazon shipped it along with my other blu-rays i bought from Amazon UK itself. Mine all seem to have shipped from Germany though (even though it was from the UK amazon) via Deutsche Post DHL. Should be here in a week or two!

If anyone gets Godfather, will you make sure to specify if Godfather II plays properly? I have heard issues with that disc in the past.

Lol anyone else notice how Amazon UK changed the free shipping listing to 'free shipping within the UK' and now charges for items shipped to the U.S.

These UK items might be a tad cheaper now as the dollar has gained strength in the last week against the pound, at least 5 cents better than about a week ago on the exchange rate. It was like 1.62 usd to 1 gbp and now around 1.57 usd to 1 gbp. I'm hoping this continues as personally I think anything over 1.50 is just outrageous.

Also use a capital one credit card to pay no foreign exchange fee. Most others charge 2-3%.

I pulled the trigger on the Bourne Movies. I just can't on the Matrix movies since I really dislike parts 2 and 3. And it's that weird kind of dislike, where if I don't think about the movies for a long time, I start to reminisce and actually think, 'Those movies weren't too bad'. All I have to do is pop in my dvd copy and then I remember, 'Yes they were'.

Yea, also, I got the 2 disk DVD Matrix set from Target with the three movies and the animatrix on 2 dvds.

[quote name='blissskr']Lol anyone else notice how Amazon UK changed the free shipping listing to 'free shipping within the UK' and now charges for items shipped to the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Shipping to the US has never been free...we just don't get charged the VAT.

Got my Bourne and Godfather in the other day.

Bourne- 1 and 2 are fine. Haven't got to 3 yet.
Godfather- Haven't watched anything yet.

bread's done
Back