Matrix Trilogy (HD DVD) - $44.99 at Best Buy and Amazon

Pretty much every HD box set is on sale. Smallville seasons 5 and 6 are 40, Nip/Tuck is 40, and Sopranos seasons are 60.

Probably going to grab this on my way home from school tomorrow.

I'd be in on this if it was the Ultimate and not Complete collection. Plus, sounds like WB is prepping to release this on Blu-Ray so I'll wait and see.

As much as I love HD-DVD I'm really toning down my purchases unless I get them for under $10 each since it's pretty much on it's way out the door. ;_;

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']I'd be in on this if it was the Ultimate and not Complete collection. Plus, sounds like WB is prepping to release this on Blu-Ray so I'll wait and see.

As much as I love HD-DVD I'm really toning down my purchases unless I get them for under $10 each since it's pretty much on it's way out the door. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I am going the opposite direction. I want to have a large HD-DVD collection so 4 years from now, I still get some use. If you only have 10 movies, you may have it boxed up somewhere 4 years from now. 100 movies on the other hand. . .

Is Smallville worth getting if you have not seen the other seasons? I know the later seasons are not as good as the earlier ones, but $40 seems a good deal.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Interesting. I am going the opposite direction. I want to have a large HD-DVD collection so 4 years from now, I still get some use. If you only have 10 movies, you may have it boxed up somewhere 4 years from now. 100 movies on the other hand. . .[/quote]

Once the real fire sales start I'll be all over HD-DVD but I've got pretty much everything I really want right now(somewhere around 30 movies) so to me I don't see much point in snagging stuff I'm only lukewarm about getting, especially with prices still pretty normal.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']Once the real fire sales start I'll be all over HD-DVD but I've got pretty much everything I really want right now(somewhere around 30 movies) so to me I don't see much point in snagging stuff I'm only lukewarm about getting, especially with prices still pretty normal.[/QUOTE]

With HD DVD pretty much done for, I have a feeling things like the Matrix box set are going to be gone before any really good "fire sales" start. None of my local stores even have it in stock (and certainly won't be replenishing them) so I'll be picking this up via Best Buy online.

That doesn't mean we won't be able to score killer deals on many other HD DVDs. It's just that really popular titles and/or collector's sets might not still be available. I have a feeling they didn't press many of these Matrix sets to begin with.

[quote name='dpf1978']From what I understand, they're going to be pulling stock, not selling it off.[/quote]

What are they going to do with it after it's pulled? o_O;;

Yes...please spill the beans. I'm hoping to get some of the cheap HD sets as well to tide me over until BD 3.0 is out.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']What are they going to do with it after it's pulled? o_O;;[/quote]

Toss it all in the Atari's ET copy pile.

[quote name='MrGranger']Yes...please spill the beans. I'm hoping to get some of the cheap HD sets as well to tide me over until BD 3.0 is out.[/QUOTE]

Or you could wait until BD 4.0 is out. What exactly is BD 3.0 going to have? PIPIP?

FYI, I picked this up and I made sure to pick up a copy that came with a free XBL download of the Animatrix. The download card said the DL was only good untill 12/31/07 but it worked fine for me. So anyone picking this up check the package and try to pick up a copy that has the free download.

The download isn't in HD, but free is free. And you might be able to trade the code in the XBL code trade thread for something you like.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Toss it all in the Atari's ET copy pile.[/quote]

Man, I had that game! Of course I was a little kid and didn't know better, but I played that game endlessly. That stupid sound E.T. would make when his neck would stretch and he would float....

Man, good times with the 2600. Spider-Man, E.T. Indiana Jones, Kaboom, Breakout...Yars. I miss the old days.

I never owned ET. My first grade teacher loaned it to me though, so at least I can say I played that notorious entry into videogame history.

There is also a Ultimate Matrix Collection for HD DVD that contains tons more extras. I noticed they raised the price of that to $119.99 on BB. It was $99.99 last year. The complete Matrix Trilogy was $79.99 last year.

[quote name='decon']There is also a Ultimate Matrix Collection for HD DVD that contains tons more extras. I noticed they raised the price of that to $119.99 on BB. It was $99.99 last year. The complete Matrix Trilogy was $79.99 last year.[/quote]

That's the one I was hoping was in this sale since the title didn't specify; I should have known better though.

[quote name='decon']There is also a Ultimate Matrix Collection for HD DVD that contains tons more extras. I noticed they raised the price of that to $119.99 on BB. It was $99.99 last year. The complete Matrix Trilogy was $79.99 last year.[/QUOTE]

you could just buy sdvd Ultmiate Matrix for the extras

[quote name='psunami']Amazon now has matched the price for this set. Their price matching has gotten quite good of late.[/QUOTE]

If we had a rep system I would have just repped you. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='psunami']Amazon now has matched the price for this set. Their price matching has gotten quite good of late.[/QUOTE]

The only thing holding me back from buying this from bestbuy.com was the tax and shipping. You sir are the man.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I have a sealed Matrix triology HD DVD box set if someone wants to make me an offer.[/quote]

how much you want for it?

Ok, I think I stumbled upon a pretty good deal last night. Before that, Best Buy has many hd dvds on their website and a few instore for 14.99, so I picked up Fear and Loathing. Then I saw that they had the Matrix boxset for 44.99, and the only version they had on the shelf was the Ultimate Collection.

Now when I went to check out, the Ultimate Matrix boxset rang up at 89.99. I told the girl that it was on sale for 44.99, so she went to the aisle, came back and price adjusted it to 44.99. Good story, well, there's more.

Looking at the BB website this morning for other cheap hd dvds, I see that the Complete Matrix (3-disk) boxset is priced at 44.99 and backordered, while the Ultimate (5-disc) Matrix boxset is indeed priced at 89.99, just like it rang up yesterday.

So, in short, Ultimate Matrix boxset, 44.99, very much YMMV.

[quote name='Malik112099']how much you want for it?[/quote]
I don't know- like $35 plus shipping seems fair (however you want it media mail or UPS)

Decided to bite on this after all. I don't know if the price will get much lower before all stock sells out. The Matrix is a pretty popular item.

Thanks, picked this up in store yesterday. Not opening it in case it drops further in the next 30 days, but still a good deal.

bread's done
Back