Max Payne 2 $2 and Other Price Drops on New Games @ EB.com/GS.com ($10 & under)

Great prices, too bad I already have Max Payne 2.

It seems like Gamestop.com and 'freeshipall' might be a better deal though? Not sure if EB has an equivalent.

Bleh, I would get Max Payne for $1.99 but the $2.99 handling fee turns me off, with the free shipping codes.

Maybe it'll be $1.99 in store?

I can't get the coupon code working on neither Gamestop and EB. But I still placed an order for two games. Thanks OP.

It's been a long time not purchasing games from EB, since oct 2005 I assume.

Handling? Are you sure you're picking value shipping and goign to the final checkout screen? All they want to charge me is tax.

Try either FREESHIPALL or SAVER. One of the two should work, and it depends on which site you use.

Nice prices on those games, shame I already have most of them.

thanks. but as usual, Gamecube gets no love :whistle2:(

and oh yeah BTW Unreal Championship 2 is $4.99 at all bestbuy (if not tell them to pricematch with bestbuy.com but they're OOS)

I woulden't put sealed in the topic title, as most of these are probably unsealed display copies or employee rentals.

[quote name='Rozz']I woulden't put sealed in the topic title, as most of these are probably unsealed display copies or employee rentals.[/QUOTE]

You're not going to get anything from a store if you order from GameStop.com.. you get exactly what they would ship to the store from their warehouse.

No need for display copies and no game store employees to take them home from the warehouse.

[quote name='DustBoogie']You're not going to get anything from a store if you order from GameStop.com.. you get exactly what they would ship to the store from their warehouse.

No need for display copies and no game store employees to take them home from the warehouse.[/quote]

Many people who have ordered from EBGames/Gamestop in the past have reported getting opened games from their website.

[quote name='Rozz']Many people who have ordered from EBGames/Gamestop in the past have reported getting opened games from their website.[/quote]

i have ordered maybe 15 games from both ebgames and gamestop combined in the past. i have had only 1 game that was opened and resealed. that game was wario world for GC. i may be one of the luckier ones that i only got 1 resealed game.

If they're listed on the EB.com or GS.com sites as new, they're supposed to arrive new and sealed. If not, then they're supposed to fix the issue.

[quote name='dude2003']i have ordered maybe 15 games from both ebgames and gamestop combined in the past. i have had only 1 game that was opened and resealed. that game was wario world for GC. i may be one of the luckier ones that i only got 1 resealed game.[/quote]

That's mal-practice, I'd sue them.

[quote name='dbz4ever']That's mal-practice, I'd sue them.[/QUOTE]

Are they doctors now or something?

I wish there were other games included on this.. I kinda want NFS: U2 but I'd rather wait 'til I can get it for even less than $10.. even if it is sealed.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Are they doctors now or something?

I wish there were other games included on this.. I kinda want NFS: U2 but I'd rather wait 'til I can get it for even less than $10.. even if it is sealed.[/QUOTE]

As a law student, I too thought that was pretty funny ;)

Max Payne 2
Sigma Star Saga
Dynasty Warriors
All sound interesting, here's to hoping these prices are the same at my local GS/EB. What no gamecube version of Timespliters: Future Perfect for $10? :(

Thanx, I got The Suffering 2. Thanx for the free shipping code, too. This reminds me of back when EB wasn't owned by GS, and they had sales like this all the time.

As far as the sealed part of this thread, the product they send out of THEIR warehouse is not guaranteed to be sealed as many stores (esp. now since the merger) circulate their inventory to other stores. Used to work for EB and when something's been sitting around the store not selling, the corporate offices have them shipped back for .com orders or shipped to other store locations where theyve had success in selling that particular item.
Its a coin flip if you get a sealed one from warehouse. Just food for thought.

[quote name='sdpads19']As far as the sealed part of this thread, the product they send out of THEIR warehouse is not guaranteed to be sealed as many stores (esp. now since the merger) circulate their inventory to other stores. Used to work for EB and when something's been sitting around the store not selling, the corporate offices have them shipped back for .com orders or shipped to other store locations where theyve had success in selling that particular item.
Its a coin flip if you get a sealed one from warehouse. Just food for thought.[/QUOTE]

95% (just throwing out a number out of my behind) of the time you'll get a legit sealed copy. If not, they'll rectify the situation at their expense.

I can't remember if I have Max Payne 2 for Xbox or not, but I grabbed it for $2.17 shipped just in case. And it's BC on the 360, woohoo.

Got Max Payne for $2.13
clear.gif

[quote name='jp554731']I put freeshipping on ebgames and it says freeshipping on next order[/QUOTE]
It should still work. Try it.

[quote name='jp554731']I put freeshipping on ebgames and it says freeshipping on next order[/quote]

A bit of tricky verbage. If you you place your order, choose the 3.00 handling (after entering the freeshipall code), and when you advance to the last screen, it will display your discount.

I played through on PC a few years back, but picked up another copy for PS2 due to the 2.18 price tag. I remember this being quite a fun game. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back