Max Payne 2 and Ninja Gaiden on the cheap!! (Blockbuster and Gamecrazy)

nelsed

CAGiversary!
OK, this was a great deal for me today...

Walked into Blockbuster and they are having a buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games. Well Max Payne 2 is 19.99 -- so I picked up 3 for 43.06 ... Then I took the two copies I didn't want over to gamecrazy and they gave me 27.50 for each of them... so then I used the remainder to pickup a new Ninja Gaiden.

I'm sure you could snag any other new release as well!!!

Effective Max Payne 2 and Ninja Gaiden for 21.53 each.

Very nicely done.

How would I be sure Gamecrazy would give me $27.50 for Max Payne 2? Is this in a flyer or something?

Seems surprising they would give that much since it has been on sale for $26.88 brand new at Target the past two weeks. (So one could probably even PM and get it for $22 after GGC at BB.)

[quote name='FlipSide']Call your local Gamecrazy and just ask, they tend to have some generous trade-in credit.[/quote]

Oh yeah, that would probably work :oops:

Though it would be nice if they had something in writing. (They don't put trade-in prices on their site, except for a list of 10 or so on the front page, that I could find.)

BTW -- if you have a decent sized block buster near you there is a good chance they will have a lot of copies on sale. I was able to get 3 flawless max paynes with the first 3 copies I inspected!!!

I was shocked!!! Many times they are at least somewhat scratched. Of course they did have like 14 on sale or something.

Looks like they over guessed on the rental popularity of this title for sure.

The only down side -- non-original case. But it's a fairly minor thing. The instruction book fits in the case *mostly*. =) Anyway, it's a good deal.

People can knock gamecrazy -- and do.... and I have no doubt many of the knocks are well founded -- but at the 6 or so that I've been to, I've never had a bad experience. They are always friendly and helpful. So they've surprised me!!! Since I'm used to arrogant, "I don't have time for you" EB games people (South Bend, IN) who get so angry that you somehow knew Robotech Collector's Edition for the Xbox was on sale for 9.99 and try and argue that they can't sell it to you since the computer says they have ZERO stock. -- just becase they want it for themselves... Ugggg...

OK -- deep breath -- and back to the joy of ninja gaiden for 21 bucks. =)

I just called 2 gamecrazys the said the would give 25 for a ps2 version of max payne 2. Thats 5 total less than your deal but still a profit. Was your max paynes ps2 or xbox might be the difference there??

Yes.. I should have mentioned that... They were Xbox versions... but the extra 5 bucks comes from the fact that I used some of my store credit about 6 months ago to sign up for a membership there.

It was 19.99 for the membership. Which for me has been worth it.
I traded in some old crap games like Monster Jam (GAmecube) and Legends of Wrestling II (gamecube) for 20 and 22 if I remember right (after the MVP card applied). I only paid 20 for BOTH of them in the first place so it was a great deal. But for some games they give very little as well... I guess you just have to get lucky sometimes and find out which games they are giving good trade credit on.

One month they were offering 20% extra on trade ins...

Some months it's 20% off used games...

w00t w00t, thanks for the tip. I now got 50 dollars worth of store credit because of the 2 max payne I traded in, and castlevania. (I didn't really want max payne for the ps2) :lol:

thanks for the cheap ass deal....i went there and got 3 copies of max payne 2 for 43 bucks then went to the crazy games and turned in 2 maxpayne 2's and aslo turned in triple paly 2002 and batman dark tommorrow both crap games but i bought um at CC for 5 each....i got 27.50 for both mp2 4 bucks for tp2002 and 18bucks for batman darl tommorrow....the best part of this all is i got max payne 2 and ninja gaiden and bruce leeand got the mvp card all for only 49.97 ahahahhha thats a cheap ass deal to me thanks for the blockbuster crazy game fuck up hahahahah

$25 for PS2 and $22 for Xbox but I just saw the used copies drop to $34.99 at EB so probably substantially less trade-in credit now.

I'm pretty sure that Gamecrazy's trade in prices fluctuate from store to store. It seems they give more money for games that are rare (I only deal with GBA games so this might not be true for PS2, Xbox, GC). I've traded in Tang Tang a horrible game and got $15 but then Final Fantasy Tactics Advance only gets me $11. Also Gamecrazys don't communicate with each other. This means, one, that one store may give you more than another close by and, two, that store credit cannot be used at another Gamecrazy (don't know if that's true with EB or Gamestop cuz I don't deal with them). My suggestion is to trade in games that you don't see them selling. I've made a killing off of games I've bought from EBgames.com and sold to Gamecrazy. Enjoy.

haahhaha i did it again today and got MAfia and Ninja turtles for a grand total of only 44.50....it was funny the same guy was there and was like i am gonna give you the credit but whats up how much are you paying for these games....i told him about the buy 2 get one free for 44.50 and he laughed.....he said when he gets off he was gonna do the same thing i did ....cheap ass gamers everwhere :twisted:

Okay, me and my friend did this yesterday and I think we scored pretty well. I did it first with 3 copies of MP2 at Blockbuster, then kept one and sold the other 2 for trade at Game Crazy and picked up Ninja Gaiden. I ended up with 2 games for $43.xx. The guy at the store asked where I was getting them and I told him. He laughed an congratulated us. I asked him how many more he'd buy at that price, he said as many as I had.

We went back later and bought an additional 15 copies of MP2 from Blockbuster. Went back to Game Crazy and sold them each for $27.50 (MVP Card price). We got $412.50 in credit. My friend walked out with Steel Battalion and $35 in credit remaining. I walked out with Sims (for the wife) and a fully paid pre-order on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. And another $69 in credit. The MVP membership more than paid for itself.

It was a good day.

I did it yesterday, may do it again today, but it didnt work out as good for me. My blockbuster only had 2 max payne 2's and couldnt find another 19.99 game that could yeild 25 at gamecrazy. so i had to get manhunt for 29.99 and the 2 max's. so i paid 50 and one of the max's was free. traded in the 2 max's for 50 credit in which i got a culdcept for 40 a used manhunt guide for 2.99 and 7 credit left. not too bad but still had to pay the extra 10. they would have given me like 18 for the manhunt waaayyy shitty. anyway thanx for the heads up on the max 2 difference bettween stores

[quote name='saunka']Okay, me and my friend did this yesterday and I think we scored pretty well. I did it first with 3 copies of MP2 at Blockbuster, then kept one and sold the other 2 for trade at Game Crazy and picked up Ninja Gaiden. I ended up with 2 games for $43.xx. The guy at the store asked where I was getting them and I told him. He laughed an congratulated us. I asked him how many more he'd buy at that price, he said as many as I had.

We went back later and bought an additional 15 copies of MP2 from Blockbuster. Went back to Game Crazy and sold them each for $27.50 (MVP Card price). We got $412.50 in credit. My friend walked out with Steel Battalion and $35 in credit remaining. I walked out with Sims (for the wife) and a fully paid pre-order on Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. And another $69 in credit. The MVP membership more than paid for itself.

It was a good day.[/quote]

*impressed* congrats. nicely done.

I'm the guy that ended up with the copy of Steel Battalion for 8 copies of MP2... can't believe that actually worked - I never expected to buy this game just because of the price point, but thanks to you guys I'm finally getting the gaming goodness I've been craving for two years now. Thanks a ton, guys!

ok!!! You guys have inspired me!!

I went and did this deal twice more and have picked up the following for 83.xx

Metals Glitch in the System (GC) *
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC of course)
Need For Speed Underground (GC) *
Red Faction II (GC) *
Phantasy Stare Online III C.A.R.D. (GC of course)

Three of them were used but all in MINT condition (the ones with * by them)... which surprised me that they had NFS used... but used a 20% off coupon on it to help save... =)

Is this for PS2 or Xbox Max Payne 2s? It seems like a lot of work for marginal profit, but I might stop by Blockbuster and see if anything's going on.

Almost doubling your investment is marginal? If you spend $43.xx you can turn it into $75 credit at Game Crazy or $82.50 if you're an MVP member.

Doesn't seem marginal to me.

just an extra tip - sometimes they won't give you the trade-in price over the phone, they tell you that you have to bring in the game. well, just call all the gamecrazys around you, and one of them will probably tell you the price. worked for me anyhow. it's just a precaution so that you're not screwed when the one you go to has a different trade-in value.

man, worked like a goddamn charm. i'm gonna go get like 18 more copies tomorrow and sit back and wait for a now free PSP or DS. this "deal" is money. and i told the guys at gamecrazy what i was doing, they thought it was fairly clever.

Haha. I've been doing this for a while now. I took 3 MP2 in the other day and the guy is like "I can't take these; they might be hot."

I had one guy call his boss to see if they could buy more than one from me.. and the guy said no... so I just want to a different gamecrazy... but I think they can get to be sticklers sometimes...

Whoooooo! I am stoked I found this deal out from here. I picked up Max Payne 2 for PS2, using the deal at BB I got 3. Went up to GC and got Ninja Gaiden, FF X-2 and a GC MVP membership all for just the BB credit I got for trading in the MP2's. The guy had never heard of the deal or CheapAssGamer.com, so I explained everything and he was so excited to check out the website and get the deal that I did also. Here's the total...
Money Spent: $43.27
What I Could Have Spent: $119.56

HAHA nevermind! I went to another BB and I traded six copies in and left home with MX Unleashed and Breakdown. Also got Splinter Cell: PT fully paid!

Can you use trade in credit to buy systems?
I'd like to pick up an XBox if they'd allow it
$116 and 12 free rentals, that'd be a sweet ass deal~! :lol:

Just got back from doing this deal (i was too lazy initially, but after reading some of the posts I got off my ass)...came back w/ Max Payne 2, Ninja Gaiden, and Star Wars:KOTOR plus an MVP membership for a total of $67...thanks for the deal!!

Hi. Yea awesome deal! I just came back from doing this too.

Is anyone interested in starting a list of games that you can buy somewhere cheap and trade in for like 40% profit and above? I don't mind organizing a list.

The only problem with posting here directly is too many people will be abusing these offers and directly hurt everyone. For every Max Payne 2 traded in to your specific Game Crazy will lower the trade in value by 50 cents. That will be ok if everyone contributes.

I did this at two different Game Crazy's. I talked to the manager at the second GC I did this at and he said that since it's classified as a "Hot Trade", the value should still hold for another week or two. You may try a hitting a new GC if one has opened recently. In Colorado Springs, CO, we got a new one and the manger dropped 20% off all used games if you're a MVP member, just trying to get new business in.

dont forget movie gallery has buy 2 get 2 ppv movies or video games free right now. the movie gallery near me had 3 copies of max payne for 19.99

What is "Movie Gallery?" Are there any here in Washington?

I'd like to contribute. Not quite as good as Max Payne 2 deal, but good nonetheless.

Havest Moon PS2
Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Toys r us
Buy for $19.99 + tax for 2 Harvest Moons
Trade in at Gamecrazy for $36 MVP = $39.60

DISCLAIMER: This is not a hot trade like the Max Payne 2 deal so the trade in value will decrease 50 cents for each copy they have in stock. However they do not update prices until the next day. Best thing to do is trade everything at once if the manager permits you. If not, go once in the morning then after shift change trade in at night. Afterwards try a different Game Crazy. The formula is basically base value( $18 ) - 50 cents x # in stock = current trade in value. I think....

I got Max Payne 2 and Splinter Cell:pT for $40 with this deal, also got $8 left at gamecrazy to use. Awesome deal!

Does anyone know when this deal ends?
It might be another while till I get some more money to buy more MP 2s since I'm trying to get XBOX Live Starter Kit.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
of course a BIG THANKS to the topic creator :D

hey guys, can any of you post details on gamecrazy's store credit? does it expire a certain number of days after you get it? im thinking about doing this deal a few times but if the credit expires fast i probably wouldn't be able to spend all of it

it expires after six months. and i'm assuming that most things announced at e3 will be able to be at least preordered within that time, if not released. so between that and what's out now i'm sure you'll be able to find enough to spend it on :p

worst comes to worst, you can buy consoles and sell them online and still make your money back plus more.

so i just want to redraw attention to this, because i did it some more today and it's great. i've traded in 15 copies at this point. and i found a trade-in expiration loophole. every time you trade something in, the 6 months get reset. so, just pop in every once in a while and trade something and it won't go bad. anyhow, bump.

bread's done
Back